Default So...do you think Springsteen was a driving a jeep...

...when he got arrested for DWI and Reckless Driving?

Man, someone at the ad agency really screwed up the vetting process. Apparently the arrest was three months ago and his first court appearance is next week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    ...when he got arrested for DWI and Reckless Driving?

Man, someone at the ad agency really screwed up the vetting process. Apparently the arrest was three months ago and his first court appearance is next week.
    Its A DWI. Its not the end of the world. And why are you posting this on a comics message board?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    why are you posting this on a comics message board?
    Thank you for your response.

The name of the forum is TV/film. The commercial in question was aired on television, during what is traditionally the most-watched television event of any given year (the Super Bowl). In addition, CBR does not confine itself to coverage of only television or movies shows related to comic books (see, e.g., its regular coverage of the Walker, Texas Ranger remake and stories about This is Us and the Fast and Furious movies, none of which are comic book-based ).

Likewise, CBR has published articles about commercials and their larger place in pop culture (see, e.g., articles on commercials for SONY PS5 and even Charmin Bathroom Tissue).

Therefore, I would submit the Springsteen Jeep commercial is an appropriate topic for a TV/Film forum.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its A DWI. Its not the end of the world.
    How does a fair reading of my post indicate I thought it was the end of the world or anything close to it? I simply commented on the unfortunate timing of when the commercial aired and speculated that someone at the ad agency might have done a better of job of ensuring that its highly-paid spokesperson hadn't done anything that might conflict with the spot's message. While, again, this isn't "the end of the world," it is no secret that large corporations want their ads to convey a positive message and are extremely concerned with negative publicity that might happen, indvertently or otherwise. And, in fact, the news is now reporting that Jeep has pulled the ad, due to the negative connotations created by today's news.

But, again, thank you for your thoughts.

I heard about this a few days ago. I thought Bruce was beyond this bad behavior at this point in his life. I guess not....
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 02-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I heard about this a few days ago. I thought Bruce was beyond this bad behavior at this point in his life. I guess not....
    All joking about Jeeps aside, I hope this isn't symptomatic of something going on in his life. I thought his latest album was great, probably his best in over ten years.

All joking about Jeeps aside, I hope this isn't symptomatic of something going on in his life. I thought his latest album was great, probably his best in over ten years.
    I have heard people say that about the new album, but I have not heard any songs myself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have heard people say that about the new album, but I have not heard any songs myself.
    The two songs he did on SNL a few weeks ago are up on YouTube. I'm also partial to the songs on there that he wrote back in the 70s (Janey Needs a Shooter, Song for the Orphans, If I was the Priest) but didn't officially record until now.

In Springsteen's defense, he was well under the legal limit.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local...ys/6712582002/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

jeep has to maintain its brand of free-wheeling adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In Springsteen's defense, he was well under the legal limit.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local...ys/6712582002/
    That's definitely a defense but not a complete legal one. A BAC level above a certain legally defined limit creates a presumption someone was intoxicated or impaired, but a reading below that doesn't mean a person is cleared. Other factors, can still mean a person was too drunk to drive, as discussed here.

Astonishing Member

That's definitely a defense but not a complete legal one. A BAC level above a certain legally defined limit creates a presumption someone was intoxicated or impaired, but a reading below that doesn't mean a person is cleared. Other factors, can still mean a person was too drunk to drive, as discussed here.

Very Very few people get convicted with a BAC that low. It can happen but most of those cases get tossed in court.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 02-14-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think I heard somewhere that Jeep tried for ten years to snare Springsteen to do a commercial which ran during the Super Bowl. How ironic that after all that courting, Jeep wasted no time dumping the spot like a live grenade after his arrest.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

0.02 alcohol. You get that from swallowing mouthwash.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!