Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I was watching this Hallmark movie and it so reminded me of this other Hallmark movie.

It was the one where the city girl goes back to her home town and finds the guy she used to date and then falls in love with him all over again.
    My favorite Hallmark movie/movies plot is the big business headhunter coming to close down the local factory/shop/restaurant. Then they fall in love with the charming local and the town and quit a high paying job and giving up a high powered life style they have worked for their whole life to live with small town man/woman who more often then not has a kid that is just cute as the dickens to work in small town factory/store/restaurant. Gives up their sports car and night life for a mini van and little league practice.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Isn't this essentially the plot of DAVE. High-powered First Lady meets small town guy impersonating her husband the President, while the real President is in an irrversible coma. The two fall in love and she follows him back to his small town, where she settles down with him and gets involved in local politics.

Or the plot of THE HAPPIEST SEASON. Dynamic young gay woman is forced in the closet by her wimpy girl friend, when they go back to the wimpy girl friend's small town and meet her repressed family. The bright gay woman gives up her independence, because she'd rather support the repressed culture of the small town politically climbing family, after being told this is the right thing to do by the one gay male friend.

Or GROUNDHOG DAY. Up and coming female T.V. news producer gives up her fast-paced career to settle down in a small town with a weatherman who has gone through some strange conversion in the space of one day--he says it was a time loop, but she has no way of knowing what's true.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I was watching this Hallmark movie and it so reminded me of this other Hallmark movie.

It was the one where the city girl goes back to her home town and finds the guy she used to date and then falls in love with him all over again.
    That’s also a Sandra Bullock (non-Hallmark) movie!

Hope Floats, I think?

How many here heard of the movie Never Back Down? It stars Sean Faris, Djimon Hounsou, and Amber Heard. A high school aged male student and his mom move to another city/state/town where he meets a girl, and gets a teacher teaching him how to fight, and it ends with a fighting competition.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That’s also a Sandra Bullock (non-Hallmark) movie!

Hope Floats, I think?
    Subject of one of the greatest one sentence reviews of all time:

"Hope is not the only thing that floats."

Whenever someone mentions Hope Loats I think about my favorite opening in cartoon history. Venture Brothers Season 2, "Hate Floats".

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

As a child, I couldn't tell the difference between Julie Andrews in MARY POPPINS and Julie Andrews in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. In both movies, some impossible brats need a new nanny, along comes Mary/Maria and sings to them and teaches them to be better people and brings sunshine into their lives.

BANNED

The Phantom reminded me of the Batman movie I always wanted to see.

Seven reminded me of The Abominable Dr. Phibes, as both films feature police detectives tracking down a serial killer who patterns his crimes on a Biblical theme - the seven deadly sins in Seven and the twelve plagues of Egypt in Phibes.

Law Abiding Citizen also reminded me of Phibes, with the killer creating elaborate death traps to take out those he holds responsible for his wife's death - lawyers and judges in Law Abiding Citizen, and doctors and nurses in Phibes.

Of course, the tone of The Abominable Dr. Phibes couldn't be more different than either Seven or Law Abiding Citizen, as it is a campy horror comedy rather than a serious crime drama.

Recently, I watched a movie called "Flinch" and it made me think of "Uncut Gems". Something about the camera movement and music...
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/