Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Miles's uncle-who just had yet another figure come out this month.

At least now you have the door open to keep Hobie around and Aaron (when he comes back).
    I'd still love to see them meet at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i have a lot of ideas about the Wakandans but for me to ever get a serious shot, Marvel would have to agree on my takes.

i've been gently pushing the idea of letting me just carry on the BPQ universe where some of these idea could play out without affecting the "real" 616 canon.

That way Marvel would have access to ideas and they could pick and choose which to bring into the main 'verse.

but i don't think any of that is likely right now.
    what i don't understand is that we can have multiple Spiderman titles without issue so surely we should be able to have two ongoings of black panther. The closest we got was Rise. Give T'Challa a good creative team who gives a frak about the character and he will be successful

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    what i don't understand is that we can have multiple Spiderman titles without issue so surely we should be able to have two ongoings of black panther. The closest we got was Rise. Give T'Challa a good creative team who gives a frak about the character and he will be successful
    Wish Marvel had an equivalent to BL/the standalone stuff DC does. They seem to be making more of an effort with stuff like Life Story to create standalone out of continuity stories. Would love to see Panther get something like that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because way back in Spider-Man's Identity Crisis arc, he invented the Hornet tech, specifically the flight pack Hornet used, but since it was too heavy for an ordinary human to use, he let Spider-Man have it. Of course, technology has greatly advanced and improved since then, so he's now able to make the flight pack usable for ordinary humans. Also, I'm guessing that it's to not confuse people who've come to associate the Prowler identity more with Miles Morales's uncle Aaron Davis after Into the Spider-Verse and the videogame Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
    Brilliantly smart move to separate Hobie from Aaron Davis by letting Hobie be his own hero while Davis continues to be Prowler while calling back to Hobie's past. Well done!

Wasn't Hobie part of Shang Chi's Deadly Hands of Kungfu comics? He should be one of the deadliest fighters on the planet.

But please don't get too crazy on pushing Hobie as this supertech prodigy with rampant new tech upgrades up the wazoo....leave Save most of that for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wish Marvel had an equivalent to BL/the standalone stuff DC does. They seem to be making more of an effort with stuff like Life Story to create standalone out of continuity stories. Would love to see Panther get something like that.
    A standalone Black Panther series in the vein of DC's Black Label line or Marvel's Life Story initiative with Spider-Man and now the Fantastic Four would definitely be cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Brilliantly smart move to separate Hobie from Aaron Davis by letting Hobie be his own hero while Davis continues to be Prowler while calling back to Hobie's past. Well done!

Wasn't Hobie part of Shang Chi's Deadly Hands of Kungfu comics? He should be one of the deadliest fighters on the planet.

But please don't get too crazy on pushing Hobie as this supertech prodigy with rampant new tech upgrades up the wazoo....leave Save most of that for BP.
    Either he or his older brother Abe was part of the Sons of the Tiger trio that shared the three parts of the Tiger Amulet, from what I recall. I'd have to look that up to be sure, though.

Hobie is a mix of McGuyver and Tony Stark. A natural super-genius with NONE of the advantages the others like him have had. he is not one of the Sons of the Tiger.

T'Challa is in the Reed Richards, Von Doom class of brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Either he or his older brother Abe was part of the Sons of the Tiger trio that shared the three parts of the Tiger Amulet, from what I recall. I'd have to look that up to be sure, though.
    That was Abe.

Why should we limit the number of Black tech geniuses in the MU? It's not like there are hundreds of them out there running around. Hobie is a tech guru and that should be a big part of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That was Abe.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Hobie is a mix of McGuyver and Tony Stark. A natural super-genius with NONE of the advantages the others like him have had. he is not one of the Sons of the Tiger.

T'Challa is in the Reed Richards, Von Doom class of brains.
    That tracks. That definitely tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Why should we limit the number of Black tech geniuses in the MU? It's not like there are hundreds of them out there running around. Hobie is a tech guru and that should be a big part of his character.
    Agreed. I mean, he was giving the original Spider-Man a run for his money in his first appearances, so why not build on that? Hell, speaking of Black super-geniuses in Marvel . . . why hasn't there been a Prowler/Night Thrasher team-up? Or a Prowler/Nightshade team-up, for that matter?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Sorry I keep missing Hobie Brown the tech "guru" with his bro "The Black Tiger" Abraham/Abe Brown from the Deadly Hands of Kungfu.

Sorry I keep missing Hobie Brown the tech "guru" with his bro "The Black Tiger" Abraham/Abe Brown from the Deadly Hands of Kungfu.
    It's cool. Abe hasn't appeared in a long while, so if Redjack does get the go-ahead to do more with Hobie, I'm hoping Abe can show up, too.