Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I really liked what he did with Shuri.

Alchemy fits if they are going to try and mix the current comic and mcu version of Shuri. And that was a hell of a feat.

And it was interesting tchalla needed her in the field to rally the people. You don't see that a lot of with shuri tbh. Rarely see her interacting with "normal" Wakandans as far as I can remember.
    And if it does happen its very brief (World of Wakanda #2). Which is a shame, as doing so is very well in character for her, imho. I'm not sure it happened much in the Shuri book either (could be wrong there).

Then her getting low key sacrificed for T'challa's big plan... and when she is saved, she sin't pissed, she just asked if it worked lol. No fake drama, just one former ruler knowing what had to be done asking the current ruler.

Also... her telling Okoye to take her hands off her... perfect. Shuri is a princess/queen. She's royalty. I like royals acting like royals.
    Cosign on the bold, that was the exact interpretation I got from that scene.

I'm very confused as for why Thorne was passed up again for a BP solo. He improves greatly on the Coates run's number one weakness: T'Challa's portrayal (which drags the run down a lot being that T'Challa is the main character).

But what do I know, I'm just a fan seeing everything from afar.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 02-11-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

I'm very confused as for why Thorne was passed up again for a BP solo. He improves greatly on the Coates run's number one weakness: T'Challa's portrayal (which drags the run down a lot being that T'Challa is the main character).

But what do I know, I'm just a fan seeing everything from afar.
    Marvel wanted the name. Coates name was huge back then.

It worked for sales. Failed the character though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Any guesses on what else the vault can do? Could it also be like a training facility similar to the danger room?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel wanted the name. Coates name was huge back then.

It worked for sales. Failed the character though.
    It worked for sales temporarily. By pretty much every objective measurement of commercial success the Coates run is going out with a whimper and has failed. As others have pointed out in past posts, that was the case towards the middle of the second season, with the flop coming to full form in the most recent relaunch, putting up the worst sales in the character’s history iirc. Coates brought in a built in audience who were suffering from BP fever in the buildup towards the film post Civil War but as is always the case with short-term fair weather fans, they eventually fell off on the title.

Coates embraced and paraded that his run would alienate long time fans of T’Challa (early in the run he justified his criticisms with his great sales from ANUOF) and was convinced the literary crowd that swore to high heavens his book was a masterpiece would carry its success. It’ll be interesting to see Marvel’s autopsy report of the book because despite there being MANY non-comic fans (let alone long time fans of T’Challa) praising the book, the numbers just weren’t there for the series and for the majority of the spin-offs.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

This issue PERFECTLY captured what makes Black Panther/T'Challa one of the deadliest men in the Marvel Universe (or all comics for that matter)!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Here's a good review of Black Panther: King in Black

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    This issue PERFECTLY captured what makes Black Panther/T'Challa one of the deadliest men in the Marvel Universe (or all comics for that matter)!
    Redjack also did a few issues of Black Panthers new serial box story that are a treat to listen to

This was awesome. It was like reading Priest Panther again. I’m glad I managed to stomach Knull bs to read this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This was awesome. It was like reading Priest Panther again. I’m glad I managed to stomach Knull bs to read this.
    He takes the best of priests work as well as the best of others work (even coats) and blends it into his own ideas rather than force his ideas upon them.
    Which is the point of writing Marvel owned characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Any guesses on what else the vault can do? Could it also be like a training facility similar to the danger room?
    He has that hologram training thing from Black Panther vs Deadpool.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

[According to me] Shuri has 20 experimental vaults where she keeps prototypes of various kinds. Some are just magical. Some are just mechanical. some are both (alchemical), some are biological, some are cybernetic, some are both.

She also has [according to me] a multi-dimensional gate down there. I had an idea that she'd use it in when I had her take over JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY but, we never got that far on a pitch.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-19-2021 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    [According to me] Shuri has 20 experimental vaults where she keeps prototypes of various kinds. Some are just magical. Some are just mechanical. some are both (alchemical), some are biological, some are cybernetic, some are both.

She also has [according to me] a multi-dimensional gate down there. I had an idea that she'd use it in when I had her take over JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY but, we never got that far on a pitch.
    Maybe if we (fans) get lucky you’ll get to write a Shuri ongoing if ya don’t BP at some point..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Maybe if we (fans) get lucky you’ll get to write a Shuri ongoing if ya don’t BP at some point..
    i have a lot of ideas about the Wakandans but for me to ever get a serious shot, Marvel would have to agree on my takes.

i've been gently pushing the idea of letting me just carry on the BPQ universe where some of these idea could play out without affecting the "real" 616 canon.

That way Marvel would have access to ideas and they could pick and choose which to bring into the main 'verse.

but i don't think any of that is likely right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i have a lot of ideas about the Wakandans but for me to ever get a serious shot, Marvel would have to agree on my takes.

i've been gently pushing the idea of letting me just carry on the BPQ universe where some of these idea could play out without affecting the "real" 616 canon.

That way Marvel would have access to ideas and they could pick and choose which to bring into the main 'verse.

but i don't think any of that is likely right now.
    Completely understandable Sgt.Redjack well I’ll keep hoping, I enjoyed the Hobie story btw, but wish his suit was a different colors the past version of the name he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Completely understandable Sgt.Redjack well I’ll keep hoping, I enjoyed the Hobie story btw, but wish his suit was a different colors the past version of the name he took over.
    if we get to go forward with Hobie, the suit will be getting constant upgrades, sort of like Iron Man. We decided to go with the original to remind readers where it came from.

Think of Hobie as the McGyver of Marvel comics.