Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default S.W.O.R.D. #3 Review

Prologue scene is Manifold (Eden) telling Lila Cheney that she's in charge while off to work.

Eden makes a stop at Kata Tjuta to speak with two acquaintances of his. The 2 ask if this Knull thing is the Avengers' fault which leads to Eden mentioning the time he got involved in the Galatic Empire of Wakanda story. The convo ends with Eden saying that Krakoa treats him okay and he leaves for...

Space to speak with a Snark called Prince Ojagyar. They mention the Snarks' reliance on stealing superpowers to use as weapons in their Snark War. Manifold presents a trade of two mutants (Burner and Lifter) in exchange for the Prince's fleet to attack the Knull barrier. The Prince tells Eden a story about how Knull's destruction helped him the war against his sister since he destroyed a planet she was after and he says he won't help. Eden leaves and afterwards the Snark prince is shown getting assassinated.

Eden appears on the Alpha/Gamma Flight station to speak to Henry Gyrich to overhears him talking to Doctor Killian (who I think is the female human doctor from Orchis). He uses his powers to steal an ORCHIS document and leaves again.

Eden returns to SWORD's launchpad and informs Brand that Gyrich is with ORCHIS but Brand tells him that they lost contact with Krakoa so Eden heads there to investigate. The book ends with Eden meeting Knull-Cable and the X-Men from #2 being defeated.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Another great issue. I'm not very familiar with Manifold so it was nice to get to know him with this spotlight issue. Gracia's colors continue to be amazing and were helpful in making the different artists' styles feel cohesive. Gyrich is scum. Mentallo or Cortez seem like the best bet for Gyrich's mole.

Loved it! Took me a second read to understand who/who Gates was, lol.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

This issue was rad, I loved the focus on Eden and the description and exploration of how his powers work. Great stuff!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I'm not sure who killed the Snark but it looked like a Shi'ar hair in the blade right before he died.

Great issue. Great insight on Eden. Still wondering how Bable took out all the mutants from last issue. Was it Knull taking over his body? Or did Cable just get taken over by a symbiote.

Mighty Member

Another great issue. I wonder who the mole in S.W.O.R.D. is. That will be interesting. What mutant would want to work for Gyrich?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm not sure who killed the Snark but it looked like a Shi'ar hair in the blade right before he died.
    Good point. Could be Korvus with a different sword.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Good point. Could be Korvus with a different sword.
    One guy's take...

I couldn't help but think "That Looks A Lot Like A 'Human...'/'Earth...' Blade Design..."

I feel like I never have much to say about this book cause it's just soooo solid. Ewing is balancing his cast, giving us character moments, setting up future plots, AND connecting to a crossover!?! Hats off to this man.