Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think it would be more accurate to say he isn't JUST a teleporter. That cloaking trick he used to spy on Gyrich isn't teleportation, after all.
    Sure, but I think Ewing was being a bit pretentious here. Its almost like people that say that Amelia Voght isnt a teleporter when functionally thats what she does. They can do more but both are still teleporters

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sure, but I think Ewing was being a bit pretentious here. Its almost like people that say that Amelia Voght isnt a teleporter when functionally thats what she does. They can do more but both are still teleporters
    Well, Brand is being a bit pretentious, anyway.

What if the spy is Peepers?

Astonishing Member

Yeah but in this case the pretentiousness worked in Al's favor. It solidifies an explanation for the nature of Eden's powers as well as gives eating a whole new skill set for writers to play with rather than JUST being a teleporter.

Have you read much of the character before now?

It actually lines up pretty well with what is on the pages thus far.

Astonishing Member

I remember Manifold being used in Secret Wars, the raft thing, in a way that implied that if you asked him "take me to the best beach on earth", he could teleport you there even if he doesn't know what is the best beach on earth

Incredible Member

I think the spy will be someone like Skids, last we saw her she was working with Sword, or maybe a former Alpha Flight member like Murmur, Pathway or Dimond Lil.

I think the question is... who would betray (or appear to betray) Krakoa? Why would any mutant side with an organization that wants to wipe them out?

Money is a reasonable motivation, as is envy/ambition. But I'm not sure it's enough.

Astonishing Member

Not really. Almost every thing in SWORD about Eden was established in Hickman's runs on Avengers/Secret Warrior. For example Eden being able to control what goes into/out of the portals for example is from Secret Warriors. Eden been something more than a mere teleporter is from Avengers. The only thing that Ewing did was to connect the dots for the audience.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-20-2021 at 10:26 AM.

This was a great issue and I'm really liking Manifold

I think the question is... who would betray (or appear to betray) Krakoa? Why would any mutant side with an organization that wants to wipe them out?

Money is a reasonable motivation, as is envy/ambition. But I'm not sure it's enough.
    Someone who has lost a human family member due to actions of other mutants and is pissed that the five won't ressurect them, or someone who objects to some of Krakoa's polices, but most likely its Fabien Cortez because Fabien Cortez.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Someone who has lost a human family member due to actions of other mutants and is pissed that the five won't ressurect them, or someone who objects to some of Krakoa's polices, but most likely its Fabien Cortez because Fabien Cortez.
    So, Mystique?

So, Mystique?
    and I'll be rooting for her. They can resurrect Quentin 1000 times yet cant grant Mystique the one resurrection she desires. They are clowning her at this point

and I'll be rooting for her. They can resurrect Quentin 1000 times yet cant grant Mystique the one resurrection she desires. They are clowning her at this point
    Yeah, I'm really interested to see how all that goes down. It'll be wild for sure, no matter how it is resolved.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I mean can you blame them? Destiny threatens everything they are doing and she has no good will for any of them, she'd probably watch Krakoa burn happily and it wouldn't even be that hard to do.

She's just too dangerous.