Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean can you blame them? Destiny threatens everything they are doing and she has no good will for any of them, she'd probably watch Krakoa burn happily and it wouldn't even be that hard to do.

She's just too dangerous.
    Does she? How does Destiny threaten anything? She wanted mutant preservation and set Moira on the path that she is on. Krakoa is something Destiny would support. The only one scared of Destiny's return is Moira and I think its bc her motives arent as pure as we are led to beleive and Destiny would be able to sniff her out.

In continuity though its been months and countless others have been resurrected including Quentin multiple times. Xavier hasnt really given Mystique a good excuse as to why Destiny isnt back. To her it would appear to be cruel

Took me a while but here's my brief review!

>Really enjoyable issue! Great art from the multiple artists, and a cool story as expected from Ewing.
    >Manifold is such an interesting character both in terms of personality and power. It was nice to see 'a day in the life' story featuring him.
    >A traitor in S.W.⨂.R.D.? Please don't be Peepers! I hope it's Brand being a triple agent.
    >Gyrich allied with ORCHIS? Not surprised. I just hope we get to see the two space stations having a space battle. :P
    >The KiB crossover was very well worked into this arc so far. The Kable element seems the weakest part, though.

Favourite panels...
    s1.jpg
    s2.jpg
    s3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does she? How does Destiny threaten anything? She wanted mutant preservation and set Moira on the path that she is on. Krakoa is something Destiny would support. The only one scared of Destiny's return is Moira and I think its bc her motives arent as pure as we are led to beleive and Destiny would be able to sniff her out.
    It would amuse me if the big secret is that Destiny has foreseen that for Krakoa to thrive, Moira must die her final death.

Moira is just stalling for time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

In continuity though its been months and countless others have been resurrected including Quentin multiple times. Xavier hasnt really given Mystique a good excuse as to why Destiny isnt back. To her it would appear to be cruel

Well we don't know to what extent Destiny saw the future but of she foresaw Krakoa then surely she would've foreseen her own lack of presence there and/or its fate?

Im speculating but Destiny with a mind to the future could easy orchestrate the events we've already seen so that krakoa loses. Between the X of Swords which the mutants barely won and the King in black saga I mean

love love love this series so far.

I feel like this is what Hickman's X-Men series should have been...

Bringing the series so early on into a crossover is bloody annoying though. But the writer makes it work and beautifully re-introduces the characters.

Gorgeous art!

Astonishing Member

I think Hickman would benefit from having more top tier writers like Ewing doing stuff in his sandbox. But it seems like Krakoa is scaring away people.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think Hickman would benefit from having more top tier writers like Ewing doing stuff in his sandbox. But it seems like Krakoa is scaring away people.
    I think it scares some people because it's such a radical upending of the status quo of the X-Men forever slaving away for the approval and acceptance of a society that, after all those years of heroics on the X-Men's part, would still sooner see them and their kind all herded into death camps and exterminated. Essentially, the X-Men realized they had to evolve or die, and after suffering so much death already, they just had enough and were ready to do something different. Maybe that different isn't something a lot of people are ready for, but in light of how current events in reality have been challenging so many of our past assumptions and preconceptions of how the world is or should be . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ressurect Destiny and put in Xaviers mind in the body

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think it scares some people because it's such a radical upending of the status quo of the X-Men forever slaving away for the approval and acceptance of a society that, after all those years of heroics on the X-Men's part, would still sooner see them and their kind all herded into death camps and exterminated. Essentially, the X-Men realized they had to evolve or die, and after suffering so much death already, they just had enough and were ready to do something different. Maybe that different isn't something a lot of people are ready for, but in light of how current events in reality have been challenging so many of our past assumptions and preconceptions of how the world is or should be . . .
    Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!