Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

And now by coincidence we have the solicit for DC’s Festival of Heroes: the Asian Superhero celebration!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    And now by coincidence we have the solicit for DC’s Festival of Heroes: the Asian Superhero celebration!!
    That's hilarious on the timing front, but I'm still pumped--

Here's the tease:

Hilarious timing indeed. Is there any info on what creative team will be doing which character?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Meh. It's just a one shot. I wanna see an ongoing commitment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Far From Home released after Endgame and did very well, WandaVision is a hit so far, and there's still a lot of hype and anticipation for stuff set to come.
    Not sure if you can take Far From Home really as evidence, since that came out really close to End Game (and it was Spider Man).

We will see, but I think it will be harder for Marvel to get their movies past the one billion mark going forward.

BANNED

It's very hard for most studios to get past a billion right now so that ain't saying much

What timing .

BANNED

DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: THE ASIAN SUPERHERO CELEBRATION #1
    Written by: Gene Luen Yang, Ram V, Greg Pak, Alyssa Wong, Amy Chu, Minh LE, Dustin Nguyen, and others | Art by: Marcus To, Bernard Chang, Dustin Nguyen, Marcio Takara, Trung Le Nguyen, Francis Manapul, and others | Cover by: Jim Lee | Variant cover by: Stanley "Artgerm" Lau | ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT | On Sale: 5/5/21 | $9.99 US | 96 PAGES | FC | DC

Grab your favorite boba and pull a chair up to the dim sum table as we celebrate Asian Heritage Month with all your favorite Asian DC characters, old and new! Join Cassandra Cain, Katana, Green Lantern Tai Pham, the Atom, Dana Tan (a.k.a. Batman Beyond), Red Arrow, Lady Shiva, Damian Wayne and the al Ghul clan, New Super-Man, and more as we present new tales of these characters from their thrilling history! Plus, Cheshire Cat's relationship to Cheshire is revealed as Shoes asks Selina Kyle to take her under her wing as Cat Girl. And that’s just the start!
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-12-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Buying that one shot for Kenan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They timed giving Cass her Batgirl costume back at the exact right time.

Who is the character behind Emiko?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    i think that's one of the Strays from Catwoman.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Katana has always gotten a decent push. Imho, she's one of the "chosen ones" that DC has chosen to market. I could see her coming back for future installments of Suicide Squad (which should have a rotating cast anyway).

Shiva is also a good choice, she's a compelling character. Cassandra Cain was in Harley and there was supposedly an idea for more appearances (where she could slowly morph into comics Cassandra over time) I do think that her best bet might be to eventually dump the Batgirl name if they want Barbara Gordon back in there for media.

Ryan Choi also pretty popular but has the same thing in terms of fighting for fans of Ray Palmer.

Kimiyo Hoshi at one point was a Justice League member, but I also feel Identity Crisis ruined her as much as it did Arthur Light. No one seems to want to touch the character after that.

Dan Didio's OMAC is a sleeper character, especially if he has any influence leftover.

One good thing is that there are now a handful of Asian actors and actresses who are probably now on solidly on the "Hollywood B-List" that have the potential of being bigger draws with the right role.

Knowing DC though, we'll end up with "Surprise! Hal Jordan is an Asian American now!"
    I agree. DC does deserve credit since they tried to Katana and also the Great Ten before the Shang Chi was even an inkling in Fiege's mind.

Kimiyo Hoshi just needs a new code name.

Ryan Choi just needs a new set of powers to differentiate him from Ray Palmer. After all the original Atom, Al Pratt didn't have any powers to begin with and was a vastly different character from Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    O.M.A.C.
    Green Lantern (Tai Pham)
    New Superman
    Grunge (Wildstorm)
    Cheshire
    Batgirl
    Red Arrow
    Cheshire Cat/Catgirl
    Katana
    Atom (Ryan Choi)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    O.M.A.C.
    Green Lantern (Tai Pham)
    New Superman
    Grunge (Wildstorm)
    Cheshire
    Batgirl
    Red Arrow
    Cheshire Cat/Catgirl
    Katana
    Atom (Ryan Choi)
    I haven't heard of this character before. So we have Cheshire and Cheshire Cat/Catgirl?