Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Were the solicits taken from Bleeding Cool? because now it’s been updated and refers to x Corp as an ongoing.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-18-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Honestly given the sales. It makes sense that its a mini. Just going by Excalibur sales.

So they can say its a on-going but realistically it depends on sales like everything else.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-18-2021 at 09:45 AM.

The member of this forum who initially started the thread pointed out that it would be a five issue mini series. I checked and that is what the solicits said at the time. Apparantly there was some confusion, because Marvel has stated that it is an ongoing comic. See the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’m looking at it here on this site and doesn’t say it’s a mini or 1 of (however many). Does it say it another site?
    The member of this forum who initially started the thread pointed out that it would be a five issue miniseries. I checked and that is what the solicits said at the time. Apparantly there was some confusion because marvel has stated that it is an ongoing. See the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The May solicits state it's a five issue mini, but Marvel contacted XavierFiles to say it's an ongoing
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-18-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Mighty Member

Marvel are never sure when a book is a mini or an On-going.
    The same happened with Amazing Mary-Jane, which started as a mini, then was announced as an On-going and then got seemly canceled on issue 6, one issue after it was meant to originally finish.

I think it's a case of, if it sells, they'll do more.
    Regardless, due to it being 5 issues, I'm a bit more confident in picking it up. My pull list is kind of stacking up over summer now, but luckily most seem to be minis.

Well there are a lot of variant covers. Hopefully that means that it is meant to be an ongoing.

If it is an ongoing, than hopefully at least one of the variant covers will show the full cast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly given the sales. It makes sense that its a mini. Just going by Excalibur sales.

So they can say its a on-going but realistically it depends on sales like everything else.
    It is weird announce as ongoing, then put a mini on the solicits and then says that it is actually a ongoing.

Fallen Angels was announced as a ongoing, then it ended on 6 issues so it was a mini.

Way of x seems to be on same vibe that is announced as ongoing but the artist didn't confirmed it

BANNED

Soilcits are stating that X-Corp is adding more members to the group.....I don't know it's a good thing or a bad thing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    The member of this forum who initially started the thread pointed out that it would be a five issue mini series. I checked and that is what the solicits said at the time. Apparantly there was some confusion, because Marvel has stated that it is an ongoing comic. See the post below.

The member of this forum who initially started the thread pointed out that it would be a five issue miniseries. I checked and that is what the solicits said at the time. Apparantly there was some confusion because marvel has stated that it is an ongoing. See the post below.
    Gotcha! I didn’t see that, that’s why I was asking. I was thinking “am I losing my mind?” Haha. Thanks for the info.

Astonishing Member

Update marve says it is a ongoing not minie

Fantastic Member

trust me x-corp is a mini just like children of teh atom and way of x sure theres a slight chance we might get a few more issues after teh first five but doubtful...its been a proven fact and there is tons and tons of data backing this up hell the store i work was part of a huge marvel teh survey a few years back. unless its a main event book or has an a list creative team attachted any book announced as a mini lose almost 20% percent of sales right off the bat so marvel implicity on books they want to at least try an suceed will do everything possible not to label a book a mini series, minis used to promote movies and tv shows and get trades into the pipeline kind of exempt

That sucks. I didn't know mini's were considered bad sellers. I always thought that having more mini's to tell other stories would be beneficial.

Shows what I know.

Mighty Member

I think it's due to the fact that People like to trade wait on a mini. That way they can just get the story all at once instead of having to wait half a year just to read one story.
    At least with an On-going, it's a continuous story that stretches for a number of years, or an event in which everyone will be talking about. But a mini series which is effectively a side story to the main series, yeah, People are going to want to wait it out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is weird announce as ongoing, then put a mini on the solicits and then says that it is actually a ongoing.

Fallen Angels was announced as a ongoing, then it ended on 6 issues so it was a mini.

Way of x seems to be on same vibe that is announced as ongoing but the artist didn't confirmed it
    Marvel subscriptions list it and Children of the Atom as ongoings and selling them as such.

So who knows with Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel subscriptions list it and Children of the Atom as ongoings and selling them as such.

So who knows with Marvel.
    They made a mess with Hawkeye freefall, said it was a mini than it was a ongoing and then a mini again.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    trust me x-corp is a mini just like children of teh atom and way of x sure theres a slight chance we might get a few more issues after teh first five but doubtful...its been a proven fact and there is tons and tons of data backing this up hell the store i work was part of a huge marvel teh survey a few years back. unless its a main event book or has an a list creative team attachted any book announced as a mini lose almost 20% percent of sales right off the bat so marvel implicity on books they want to at least try an suceed will do everything possible not to label a book a mini series, minis used to promote movies and tv shows and get trades into the pipeline kind of exempt
    It's been known that minis don't sell, so Marvel mostly announces as ongoings. I think there is always a hope that it will sell well to get more issues too
    Ther is a say if it sells too poorly all ongoings turn to be minis.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-19-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Fallen Angels is the most poorly sold one among the six books in the beginning of DOX, and I remember it's critical performance is comparatively poor too.

So it's very possible that it was planned to be an ongoing to promote Kwanno/Psylock and explore Sinister's issues but its frustrating feedback push X-Office to cancel it and adjust some canons it brought up (Sinister was converted to a clown-like image, Laura's anger management problem is deleted)

cota may face the same situation.