Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Tini writing this just killed any and all interest I had in this series. I find Excalibur awful and easily the worst of all the current X-titles. Her Empyre tie in was actually pretty decent, but I just can't get another of her series after dropping Excalibur. I'll wait for the reviews to make a final decision, but I am not confident at all in this series now.

Tini will be great at a more grounded story, I can’t wait

Tini won CBR's award for Least Favorite Writer, Least Favorite ongoing and the 2 Least Favorite X-Men Storylines for 2020

Ok but like 50 people voted

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Tini won CBR's award for Least Favorite Writer, Least Favorite ongoing and the 2 Least Favorite X-Men Storylines for 2020
    Didn't you hear, apparently it's a conspiracy. Which i'm still trying to figure out why or how people came to that conclusion. like is there some history i don't know about that people would have a vendetta against her. I've seen nothing but mainly praise here for Leah's work so i don't think it's a female thing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ok but like 50 people voted
    50 people who read the book is a lot more of a focus group than 600 people who didn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Didn't you hear, apparently it's a conspiracy. Which i'm still trying to figure out why or how people came to that conclusion. like is there some history i don't know about that people would have a vendetta against her. I've seen nothing but mainly praise here for Leah's work so i don't think it's a female thing.
    The conspiracy is that her writing is awful. Ideas are good, but execution, plot, dialogue and cohesion are a problem.

She has ideas at least. Someone else just needs to execute them. Let Tini have this book and give Excalibur to Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    The conspiracy is that her writing is awful. Ideas are good, but execution, plot, dialogue and cohesion are a problem.

She has ideas at least. Someone else just needs to execute them. Let Tini have this book and give Excalibur to Al Ewing.
    Exactly Tini imo is an amazing plotter. I can see her doing what Hickman does with no problem. But, in the capacity she is now as a writer. There is just too much missing for me, it's too jumbled, she spends to long on the minor things instead of what is suppose to be important. I could literally go through all the issues and ask legitimate questions that should have been answered. Hell i needed the cbr posters to help me understand at least issue 1-10 and i gave her her credit when she finally looped back around on mutant magic but at that time sword was out and it was a redundant concept. I imagine she would be good at prose. I keep saying i honest to god wish i could read her notes because i think it's there but what makes it to print feels heavily edited.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Exactly Tini imo is an amazing plotter. I can see her doing what Hickman does with no problem. But, in the capacity she is now as a writer. There is just too much missing for me, it's too jumbled, she spends to long on the minor things instead of what is suppose to be important. I could literally go through all the issues and ask legitimate questions that should have been answered. Hell i needed the cbr posters to help me understand at least issue 1-10 and i gave her her credit when she finally looped back around on mutant magic but at that time sword was out and it was a redundant concept. I imagine she would be good at prose. I keep saying i honest to god wish i could read her notes because i think it's there but what makes it to print feels heavily edited.
    Notice how the work that she's done that gets praised are the issues she's done with Hickman. He elevates her bc on her own, its lacking

One day on twitter a guy was mad that critcis weren't giving higher scores to Tini book and started saying it is sexism. I think her scores are good for the quality of her writing, I think that he is expecting really high scores because he thinks she is a genius because she writes complicated things

I have seen fair criticism to Leah's writing, as it should be. It's not like male writers always get positive or higher notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Notice how the work that she's done that gets praised are the issues she's done with Hickman. He elevates her bc on her own, its lacking
    Her best work was with Hickman, that says a lot.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-12-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Everyone is free to their opinion on a writer but I think a little context is needed, I am not saying that Tini is a good writer what I am saying is the general consensus of people here might not match the average readership. On comic book round up from the reviews of people Excaliber average about 7.9 with Critics and 7.9 with readers. Now it is still a small sample size of critics and fans but the likelihood of the reviewer being a salty Psylocke, Gambit or Rogue fan is 100% percent less likely and a giant problem with criticism of Exacaliber have seen is people not happy with how characters are being used. Meaning if you are not a rabid Gambit or Psylocke fan it is very possible to read her book and think is average stuff.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-12-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Everyone is free to their opinion on a writer but I think a little context is needed, I am not saying that Tini is a good writer what I am saying is the general consensus of people here might not match the average readership. On comic book round up from the reviews of people Excaliber average about 7.9 with Critics and 7.9 with readers. Now it is still a small sample size of critics and fans but the likelihood of the reviewer being a salty Psylocke, Gambit or Rogue fan is 100% percent less likely and a giant problem with criticism of Exacaliber have seen is people not happy with how characters are being used. Meaning if you are not a rabid Gambit or Psylocke fan it is very possible to read her book and think is average stuff.
    That site isn't the average comic reader, that is a iche just like this forum or twitter. Just some time ago a friend on twitter commented how easy is to get more than 8 as a grade on the site for both critics and readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That site isn't the average comic reader, that is a iche just like this forum or twitter. Just some time ago a friend on twitter commented how easy is to get more than 8 as a grade on the site for both critics and readers.
    Ugh I can't even get a 4
    EDIT: oh were you not talking about a dating site?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    We trusting twitter now?

All jokes aside I already point out the small sample size of the "professional" critic on there but I did point out the benefit which is a person talking about a book without the bias of this is my favorite character omg they are not getting any attention. Again people are entitled to their opinion I am just pointing there is a clear bias of pov here and here is another pov from a couple of "professional" critics and some fans as a contrast. More information does not hurt, get info from Twitter, get info from here, get info from so-called professionals, and come up with your own aggregate.

For me, I am inclined to believe a person who has to use their real name, write more than a small sentence and there is some professional reputation on the line than a person on a forum who gets to hide between anonymity with their point of view and can't be called out by a writer for their opinions.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-12-2021 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

Is the number of people talking about the X-Line on Twitter really larger than the number posters here?

Not just liking tweets, but actually commenting on the content of the issues?