Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

I'm starting to wonder just how important this comic is going to be just based on what the cast might be.

Archangel and Monet are perfectly fine members that you would expect to find on an X-Comic. They were part of Magneto's X-Men written by Bunn, and that comic sold pretty well. They each have their own fan base.

But, unless there are some characters that are going to appear in multiple comics and therefore appear in X-Corp as well as their current books, there doesn't appear to be a lot of high profile characters available for X-Corp's roster.
    And, if there were more high profile characters that were going to appear in this comic, there would be no point in not revealing who they were at this point. I would think that Marvel would want readers to know who any high profile members were going to be. That way there would be more interest in the comic, and sales would be better for the first issue.

I'm afraid that we are going to get third tier characters that won't do anything to help this comic survive.

EDIT: I do think that this comic is meant to be a monthly though. The X-Bokks have spent a lot of time seeding this comic to happen.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-26-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm starting to wonder just how important this comic is going to be just based on what the cast might be.

Archangel and Monet are perfectly fine members that you would expect to find on an X-Comic. They were part of Magneto's X-Men written by Bunn, and that comic sold pretty well. They each have their own fan base.

But, unless there are some characters that are going to appear in multiple comics and therefore appear in X-Corp as well as their current books, there doesn't appear to be a lot of high profile characters available for X-Corp's roster.
    And, if there were more high profile characters that were going to appear in this comic, there would be no point in not revealing who they were at this point. I would think that Marvel would want readers to know who any high profile members were going to be. That way there would be more interest in the comic, and sales would be better for the first issue.

I'm afraid that we are going to get third tier characters that won't do anything to help this comic survive.

EDIT: I do think that this comic is meant to be a monthly though. The X-Bokks have spent a lot of time seeding this comic to happen.
    Hellions and S.W.O.R.D. arent made up of a bunch of high profile characters and they are regarded as 2 of the best books. Meanwhile you have Excalbur with a bunch of high profile characters and people hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hellions and S.W.O.R.D. arent made up of a bunch of high profile characters and they are regarded as 2 of the best books. Meanwhile you have Excalbur with a bunch of high profile characters and people hate it
    Yea, I follow Excalibur closely because Betsy is in it. But after more than a year of reading, I like Hellions the most and found Kwannon is a much better character than current Betsy.

Hellions entire line up consist of b and c list characters and it's been doing very well both critically and commercially since the first issue. Hickman's era has been good to lesser known characters.

Well, okay about Hellions. That is one of my favorite comics right now. But, I think that it could get by just fine without Wildchild and Empath, two of those less high profile characters. The comic does include Mr. Sinister, Havok, and Kwannon.

But, I completely dislike S.W.O.R.D.
    And, Excalibur is one of my favorite comics. There are some members of this forum that enjoy it. I really like the D&D style of the story. I wouldn't probably be interested in Excalibur if some of the high profile characters like Betsy, Gambit, Rogue, and Rictor weren't in it. I think that the bulk the characters in this comic are doing fine in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Yea, I follow Excalibur closely because Betsy is in it. But after more than a year of reading, I like Hellions the most and found Kwannon is a much better character than current Betsy.
    I like Hellions and Excalibur. I think that I find Betsy as Captain Britain and Kwannon are both interesting to read about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Hellions entire line up consist of b and c list characters and it's been doing very well both critically and commercially since the first issue. Hickman's era has been good to lesser known characters.
    Where are you getting the sales data from. I can't find a site that shows how comics are doing commercially right now.

EDIT: I get the feeling that I may think that Mr. Sinister, Havok, and Kwannon are higher profile than you do.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-26-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Where are you getting the sales data from. I can't find a site that shows how comics are doing commercially right now.
    Same question. The best I've seen for months are the weekly Comixology rankings and retailer anecdotes.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Im glad to see Madrox is still a member

Yay!!! Trinary is part of the book, makes sense considering she was taking down evil corporation before she joined the x-men

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I do not like Foche's art in those preview pages, the colors are also not great. Why does Madrox look like Nate Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I do not like Foche's art in those preview pages, the colors are also not great. Why does Madrox look like Nate Grey?
    Im assuming its a dupe thats aged
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-14-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Bloody hell! I like the characters but...as with X-Factor...I really, really do not like that art...at all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

are you sure about that?
    Yes that's Trinary

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 5.21.38 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 5.23.04 PM.jpg

I like the art, I don't think it's atrocious or as bad as some art we've seen recently. In some panels the colourist could have added a layer of shading and highlights so add some dimensions to the faces but it's not like awful or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I missed her. I thought you were talking about the girl under the desk