Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, the solicitation says that Monet will recruit the most brilliant and deviant minds that mutant kind has to offer.
    I would love to see them hire Bobby as an accountant, he's barely being used in Marauders rn

Ultimate Member

Someone, somewhere, on Krakoa, needs to find a damn job for Lucinda Guthrie and her magic mutant-making uterus! She's still got like five mouths to feed, and, given the odds, they're all gonna be mutants sooner or later (since Sam, Paige, Jay, Melody and Jed already are, and Elizabeth has been foreshadowed to be, in AoA). Give her an office job at X-Corps, or a farm supervisor role in the Savage Land or something! (Depending on her skill set and thoughts regarding a workspace that might include surprise dinosaur attacks...)

I don't know if I could see Monet mentoring anybody. I also think that it would make her to much like Emma Frost. But then again, that's what might make it interesting.
    Monet doesn't seem the mentoring type. I could see her having some ulterior motive behind recruitment though. For instance, Krakoa is running into resistance from the US regarding mutant business opportunities, and so she recruits John Proudstar to interface with his tribal authorities about setting up a clinic on tribal land, technically outside US government authority, to which people can go to seek mutant services (such as the mutant medical services available from people like Masque or Elixir or Triage, or mutant earthmoving talent for mining or excavation from Avalanche, Petra or Rictor, etc.).

But wires get crossed, and when she puts out the word that she's got a proposition for 'Thunderbird,' both John Proudstar *and* Neal Shara show up, with very different notions of what she meant by 'proposition.' (Neal brought flowers...) So she recruits one for X-Corps, because of the tribal thing, and the other? Who knows?
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-23-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Yeah, I would like for Monet to reunite with Terry and Magik also. I just don't think that it will happen. They are already in other books.

I don't know if I could see Monet mentoring anybody. I also think that it would make her to much like Emma Frost. But then again, that's what might make it interesting.

Why do you think that Monet would recruit Fantomex? Not being critical, I'm just curious as to why you think that she would do that.
    It would be a real bummer for me if she did that. I'm not very fond of that guy. I'd still rather see Deadpool fill that role.
    Or maybe Laura Kinney would be a better choice if she is not in a different book.

But, it's obvious that not all of these characters will be in the comic anyway. I can't see them putting that many characters in one comic.
    I think Fantomex will pop up not because I like him but because in Ororo's giant size x-men Monet told Fantomex she was going to get something out of him in exchange for paying the AIM guy.

I would love to see Laura in X-corps.

Monet would be a good mentor/taking someone under her wing and I don't think it would make her like Emma because the two have had a completely different path with the X-men, plus Monet was never a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    They’ll hire Broo and outsource all their customer care calls to the brood in space.
    lmao. Yes pls, someone make it happen.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Tini is writing X-Corps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2FpjCU0XvM
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If it really would be a corporation, then Sunspot and Karma would be logic choices. But if they would have been part of the series, I am sure they would have name-dropped them by now, as both have a stable fanbase.

Most likely the rest of the cast will be lesser known characters.

Anole came to mind, as he used to be leading Warrington Corp for a while. But lately he is been used as a child again. So I doubt it.

So, no idea who might join the team, hope it will become an interesting cast.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    LOL...we already knew that

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The hyperbole in this thread is strong. Tini Howard hasn't ruined Betsy, or Rogue or Gambit or anyone else. To "ruin" a character she would have had to do lasting harm to the way a character is viewed, and that clearly hasn't happened. Her run is not mired in controversy, characters aren't making deals with the devil to erase a marriage, not randomly murdering other characters and then trying to cover it up "because reasons". It's not retconning into existence long unknown despicable acts by a protagonist or secret hidden love children. She's not introducing Mary Sues or self inserts to argue with the fandom, and to date not a single person has been told to drown in urine. Whatever personal opinions you may have on her run it really isn't that bad.

What it is however, is boring. It's forgettable.

That is why I'm concerned about X-Corp. It's potentially an interesting concept, but Excalibur is full of potentially interesting concepts and I have no faith that Tini can make this one work any better. I'll possibly pick up the 1st issue to see what its about but no guarantees.
    Tini destroyed Betsy in the X Of Swords tournament. She used one whole issue to talk about how Betsy obtain the Starlight Sword. Then has her lose the duel and shattered into pieces in the next Excalibur/X Of Swords issue with only 5 freaking pages(then she disappeared for rest of X Of Swords story)! In the same issue, she used the rest of the 15 pages to talk about Cypher's wedding and he was never an important character in Excalibur.

Betsy is already bland in the whole Excalibur story and the tournament was suppose to be the time she shines but failed so hard. If the above isn't character assassination, what is it?

(The whole 15+ issues of Excalibur just make Betsy's fans lose their interest on her and stop caring as she is like Apocalypse's tool running around and getting manipulated. The last few issues are probably about the body swap 'again' so there is almost no development(both character and power) for Betsy in the whole Excalibur story.)
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-24-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Monet of tini is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Tini destroyed Betsy in the X Of Swords tournament. She used one whole issue to talk about how Betsy obtain the Starlight Sword. Then has her lose the duel and shattered into pieces in the next Excalibur/X Of Swords issue with only 5 freaking pages(then she disappeared for rest of X Of Swords story)! In the same issue, she used the rest of the 15 pages to talk about Cypher's wedding and he was never an important character in Excalibur.

Betsy is already bland in the whole Excalibur story and the tournament was suppose to be the time she shines but failed so hard. If the above isn't character assassination, what is it?

(The whole 15+ issues of Excalibur just make Betsy's fans lose their interest on her and stop caring as she is like Apocalypse's tool running around and getting manipulated. The last few issues are probably about the body swap 'again' so there is almost no development(both character and power) for Betsy in the whole Excalibur story.)
    Not to make this about Excalibur again, but I would say it's not character assassination because the next writer who uses Betsy can very easily make her interesting again. It's unfortunate that we'll have to wait a while for an enjoyable Betsy, but no permanent damage has been done.

Also we already know Tini can write Monet and this book seems like it'll be a lot more focused.

Since I'm unfamiliar with Tini's work outside of Excalibur, I think I'll purchase KiB: Hulkling and Wiccan to see how she handles characters she's actually a fan of. It will give me a better idea of what to expect from X-Corp.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Someone, somewhere, on Krakoa, needs to find a damn job for Lucinda Guthrie and her magic mutant-making uterus!
    This cracked me up . I can only imagine when the first Krakoan mutant laws were published, "Make more mutants" was accompanied by a photo of Lucinda Guthrie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    This cracked me up . I can only imagine when the first Krakoan mutant laws were published, "Make more mutants" was accompanied by a photo of Lucinda Guthrie.
    And she's all like, "Oh hell no. I did my part. Find someone else for this part!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And she's all like, "Oh hell no. I did my part. Find someone else for this part!"
    Good thing nobody among the X-men would ever be in favor of taking inspiration from the Bene Tleilax or Sinisters likely suggestion of doing so. Though not sure about Moira given what we saw her and Apocalypse green lighting in her 9th life.

Lucinda Guthrie is basically the Walder Frey of the X-men, wouldn't be surprised if she's the contingency plan if the if something goes wrong with the resurrection protocols