Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Update. Marvel twitter deleted the original preview, and posted the pages with a notably darker Monet
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...381199363?s=20
    How no one saw that the coloring was wrong and corrected before posting it? Now they had to delete and repost
    This is like second time they color black people too white. "this art i snot final" shouldn't be a excuse

I was mostly distracted from Monet being the wrong color by the dead, Stepford Wives look on their faces. Warren looks like a mannequin!

This book was always going to be a hard sell. The whole island has become de-facto 1%-ers with infinity money, so they decide to write a book about how they manage that money and grow it, with possibly shady ways! Sounds dull as paste.

And Tini Howard......oof.

Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Just because there is some speculation involved doesn't mean you should write them off. There is and was sales data being used and collected from retailers involved including from Diamond which is a comics distributor.

And a lot of times you were able to predict which books were on the chopping block by taking a glance at them, usually books with projected sales of less than 20-15k were cut and it was clearly a pattern. I agree that digital sales do muck up the projections but that works on an assumption that digital buyers have a different market taste which doesn't have any real data to support that. The closet argument you could make there is demographic changes with where the books are available, like Moon Girl being sold at Scholastic (for kids).

As for Exaclibur doing fine, it probably is if they feel confident enough to give Tini a second book. That's not what I was implying, but it's not exactly doing steller sales either given by it's sales position. That it's competing with Hellions which has Z-list characters is sad.

As for bias regarding how the book is being treated regarding our favorite characters, sure. I will readily admit I dislike Tini's writing because it has my favorite character in it but I think you are generalizing if you think that's the only reason people dislike it. You think it would be voted the worst in the X-line on this forum just because of Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee fans have a problem with this book? No.

I do agree that CBR is, like any message board or forum, a sort of echo chamber that doesn't necessarily translate to how the average reader feels about a book but I would argue when you have iconic characters on a book it's extremely hard to get a book to fail regardless of writing quality. If Tini actually wrote bad enough to sink a book with golden goose 90s characters it would be a feat. it's why X-Men Gold still managed to survive despite being terrible, a name or character can entirely keep a book afloat, its takes a long time to break the average readers trust in a brand thats lasted for over 40 years
    No writer or editor ever said that Diamond is not accurate. That is the main revenue of big two comics

Writers that dont sell books, get new books all the time. It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really doesn't surprise me. It's a lot easier for them to run their fingers on a keyboard about the free issues they are reading. I completely avoid the place unless it's one of the links posted here. I mean for me at least places like this i see enough posts from people that i can get a feel for whats genuine whose genuine. That place just seems like a jungle and overwhelming to me. But i do enjoy when they come through with the social justices. That's really all i truly think it's good for.
    On a past Marvel summit, they talked about it with writers to not take online criticism as it represents all comics readers.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-11-2021 at 07:18 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So now we have 13 X-Titles not including mini series' or the X-Men Legends title.

Is this the most that X-Men has ever had?

I'm not quite sure about the 90's

1. X-Men
    2. X-Force
    3. X-Factor
    4. X-Corp
    5. Hellions
    6. New Mutants
    7. Wolverine
    8. Cable
    9. Children of The Atom
    10.Way of X
    11.Excalibur
    12.Marauders
    13. SWORD
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 02-11-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Eh, I'll still go into this book with an open mind. I'd been waiting for Monet to take a lead role since X-Corp was first teased, and I was bummed when rumor spread of its cancellation due to the Covid delay. I'm not gonna turn my back on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So now we have 13 X-Titles not including mini series' or the X-Men Legends title.

Is this the most that X-Men has ever had?

I'm not quite sure about the 90's

1. X-Men
    2. X-Force
    3. X-Factor
    4. X-Corp
    5. Hellions
    6. New Mutants
    7. Wolverine
    8. Cable
    9. Children of The Atom
    10.Way of X
    11.Excalibur
    12.Marauders
    13. SWORD
    I wonder if The X-Cellent will start before any of those get canceled.

Excal is one of my favourite books, so I'm super looking forward to this. Monet was great in empyre and xos so I'm sure she's going to feature well here. Hopefully marvel fixes its art/colours issue.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bkart1978 View Post
    I wonder if The X-Cellent will start before any of those get canceled.
    I completely forgot about that title!

I wonder what happened to it

The writer is a huge minus. The art looks OK. Archangel and PeMance mean I'll definitely be reading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I was mostly distracted from Monet being the wrong color by the dead, Stepford Wives look on their faces. Warren looks like a mannequin!

This book was always going to be a hard sell. The whole island has become de-facto 1%-ers with infinity money, so they decide to write a book about how they manage that money and grow it, with possibly shady ways! Sounds dull as paste.

And Tini Howard......oof.
    Those smiles are so creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Her strike force book was just disjointed as Excalibur. I don't know why marvel signed a exclusive with her
    I loved Strikeforce it was great better than Excalibur easily. And some of y'all are just being mean Excalibur isn't my top read by any means mostly because I just DGAF about the cast but it's a consistently solid read and gets alot of praise on other platforms.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-11-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

This book screams Mastermind Sisters. And if Monet starts hanging with the Mastermind Sisters I will have racked up another no-prize for Monet and I will scream like a schoolgirl.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Also stoked to see the perverse relationship that is Monet and Maggott unfold before my unbelieving eyes.

This sounded interesting until I saw Howard was writing it. She made three of my favorite characters dull as hell. I don't even like Angel that much. Maybe I'll wait for online response to see if this concept and the characters are a better fit for her, but right now I have no intention of buying.