Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

wawa's wings are a little small but i'm excited to see foche draw him eating more salad, howard will let him eat more salad, right?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wow, al the sour negativity, lets just wait and see first. The series might surprise us. So quick to terminate a title without any issue been released yet.

Tini did a well enough job on M and Archangel in the past, so she might surprise us.
    I don't think it is negativity. It's an honest reaction to bad work: Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Oh, I think we are already seeing signs of oversaturation. Sales info is spotty these days, so it's hard to tell exactly. I doubt Hickman has more than 2 years left in him, and the whole thing could go wonky before then.
    It's strange to go from wanting more titles to think there are too many. There used to be several characters that i felt where underused and now when many are being used it feels hollow.

Excalibur has definitly soured me. What's the point in using Five characters if you are struggeling with getting one right.

Hickman and Tini are simpatico and that doesn't seems to be changing anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't think it is negativity. It's an honest reaction to bad work: Excalibur.
    Well, a honest negative reactions then. Still we have not seen an issue out yet, so wait and see, it might be quite good.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wow, al the sour negativity, lets just wait and see first. The series might surprise us. So quick to terminate a title without any issue been released yet.

Tini did a well enough job on M and Archangel in the past, so she might surprise us.
    From what I have seen I'm not feeling it. I think I'm honestly going to do a resolution this year to drop any book where an artist and colorist are giving us this. Going to mess up my trades but I think it's worth it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Honestly it would have been far better if Hickman would have wrote this book. This type of x-book suits him more.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-12-2021 at 05:30 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Honestly it would have been far better if Hickman would have wrote this book. This type of x-book suits him more.
    Hickman should be churning out 2 issues of X-Men a month tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I was mostly distracted from Monet being the wrong color by the dead, Stepford Wives look on their faces. Warren looks like a mannequin!

This book was always going to be a hard sell. The whole island has become de-facto 1%-ers with infinity money, so they decide to write a book about how they manage that money and grow it, with possibly shady ways! Sounds dull as paste.

And Tini Howard......oof.
    This was also the theme of Marauders but "In Duggan We Trust", I guess?
    "Cable was right!"

To say I'm cautious is an understatement. I meagerly tolerate Howard's Excalibur so I will check this out. Hopefully they'll expand the cast a little, but too much. Howard can't seem to handle more than five main characters.

And I echo Monet's whitewashed appearance; not only is her skin too bright, but her features are all wrong. Monet my be lighter than Storm but she's not a light-skinned woman with brown hair. Get it right, Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    1. X-Men
    2. X-Force
    3. X-Factor

4. X-Corp Uncanny X-Men
    5. Hellions X-Man
    6. New Mutants Generation X
    7. Wolverine
    8. Cable

9. Children of The Atom X-Men Unlimited
    10.Way of X X-Men: The Hidden Years
    11.Excalibur
    12.Marauders X-Men 2099
    13. SWORD Mutant X

If you stretch, looks like the 90's could match the line count. Before anyone decries Hidden Years, let's see Way of X/Cable/XCorp/Children of The Atom beat 22 issues first. And I didn't even include the X-Men Adventures book(TAS adaption) or Classic X-Men(reprints).
    If Hidden Years counts then so should Legends, since it’s a similar concept. In-continuity stories set in the past.

But yeah, we have a lot of books. I’m sure they’ll start weeding out the weaker ones, but I fear my favorites may not be the best sellers (Hellions, X-Factor).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think X-Corp can be a good way for Hickman to use his talent that he has for social or religious commentary. Many a time I have seen him doing that in his books. X-Men seems too anthological.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-12-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly poor dude seems to have also taken on some editor/ showrunner duties for the whole line so I get why he’s not churning out books.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly poor dude seems to have also taken on some editor/ showrunner duties for the whole line so I get why he’s not churning out books.
    I think he only took it on on the condition that there'd also be time to keep working on his creator owned stuff. But yeah, HoX/PoX and just being the "showrunner" for a big team of writers is clearly a significant time commitment.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Tini Howard is not my cup of tea but she has improved a lot after X of Swords.

But they have whitewashed Monet again :/
    But of course they can't seem to get it right decades after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good lord i messed up and clicked. Surely that tan white woman isn't monet. I'm def out, and feel better now.
    If Tini didn't make the choice easy certainly this Monet has.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's not just the coloring. You can't just draw ethnic people looking like white people and slap paint on it and say it's a black person or a person of color. That's insulting as as get out. Something wrong that these professionals don't want to study the features of others?
    THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

The article makes it clear that it was always her own pitch

Well that's disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Update. Marvel twitter deleted the original preview, and posted the pages with a notably darker Monet
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...381199363?s=20
    Marvel please let Monet be great, we have like maybe 5 black girls total in the X-men damn can you all at least be consistent with her coloring. I have a fear that she is absolutely going to get the same treatment Ceceliia Reyes suffered in New Mutants the film.

I'm interested to see Tini write this after she mentioned coming from the corporate world herself. I think writers having personal job experience can really elevate a book with emphasis on a job environment (like Soule on She-Hulk).