6. New Mutants Generation X
    7. Wolverine
    8. Cable

9. Children of The Atom X-Men Unlimited
    10.Way of X X-Men: The Hidden Years
    11.Excalibur
    12.Marauders X-Men 2099
    13. SWORD Mutant X

If you stretch, looks like the 90's could match the line count. Before anyone decries Hidden Years, let's see Way of X/Cable/XCorp/Children of The Atom beat 22 issues first. And I didn't even include the X-Men Adventures book(TAS adaption) or Classic X-Men(reprints).
    X-Factor and Mutant X didnt coexist though. Nor did Hidden Years (1999-2001) or 2099 (93-96). The X-line didnt have 13 books releasing concurrently

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-Factor and Mutant X didnt coexist though. Nor did Hidden Years (1999-2001) or 2099 (93-96). The X-line didnt have 13 books releasing concurrently
    Close enough. There were many mini series coming out back then too, morso than now(Gambit, Bishop, Rogue, Storm, etc). X-Corp, Children of The Atom, Way of X aren't out yet anyways, and any one of these books could fold in a few issues, so don't count your chickens yet.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-12-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Excalibur isn't really my thing (although I do love the Braddocks) but it's Tini's pitch so maybe she will be more invested in something she feels is her expertise? The premise is interesting but I think I'll stick to watchful waiting for now.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Close enough. There were many mini series coming out back then too, morso than now(Gambit, Bishop, Rogue, Storm, etc). X-Corp, Children of The Atom, Way of X aren't out yet anyways, and any one of these books could fold in a few issues, so don't count your chickens yet.
    Agreed, market saturation is a thing and the mutants have never sustained this many titles even in their heyday in the early 90s. I fully expect at least a couple of books to conclude before the end of the year, plus I feel they have already exhausted all the big-name titles and are now scraping the bottom. You know something named "Way of X" or "Hellions" (as much as I'm loving the latter) is never going to sell as good as an "X-Force" and it's hard to see most of the most recent launches making past 12/18 issues. Which is OK by the way, sometimes it's good to tell your story and then just cancel the book.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Gimme them varients yo! The 90's are back baybee!

But seriously that's a lot of books on the wallet.

I wonder how long can fans keep up
    Oh, I think we are already seeing signs of oversaturation. Sales info is spotty these days, so it's hard to tell exactly. I doubt Hickman has more than 2 years left in him, and the whole thing could go wonky before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You think so?

I'm not really clued into sales and stuff so I really don't know what is considered "healthy sales"

This is the best sales analysis I've seen for the Hickman Era as a whole. Considering the cov-era data is hard to come by, it's probably safe to say that the line won't be able to sustain this bubble for long. The Fraction/Whedon/Morrison eras were all selling far better, nevermind the 90's or Claremont's OG run(which sold several hundred thousand issues every month, and millions for that 1991 #1). It would be interesting to see a robust analysis of sales in the macroscale, accounting for coverprice/units sold/market share and inflation. Probably wouldn't paint a pretty picture.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-12-2021 at 10:01 AM.

The motto since Dawn of X started is that every series is a ongoing until sales data/reception starts to come in. Way of X, X-Corp and most likely Children of the Atom could turn out to be a 6-10 issues limited series

Also comparing sales from 2020 to the 80's/90's or even 10 years ago is a thing that simply doesn't make much sense?

Yeah, who cares what came before or how the market changes? It's not like this is serial storytelling put out by a business subject to market forces?

This is the best sales analysis I've seen for the Hickman Era as a whole. Considering the cov-era data is hard to come by, it's probably safe to say that the line won't be able to sustain this bubble for long. The Fraction/Whedon/Morrison eras were all selling far better, nevermind the 90's or Claremont's OG run(which sold several hundred thousand issues every month, and millions for that 1991 #1). It would be interesting to see a robust analysis of sales in the macroscale, accounting for coverprice/units sold/market share and inflation. Probably wouldn't paint a pretty picture.
    Fraction era sales weren't good. A retailer posted on a thread here that the hneymoon period with x-men books ended. So seems like initial hype died in the way

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Fraction era sales weren't good. A retailer posted on a thread here that the hneymoon period with x-men books ended. So seems like initial hype died in the way
    Better sales than now according to the video.

Yeah, who cares what came before or how the market changes? It's not like this is serial storytelling put out by a business subject to market forces?
    Well, that's not what I was saying. My point is that you can't compare sales from 2020, in a pandemic, to a previous time period as if it was simple as that. It's as far from an 1:1 situation as you can get. There many different factors involved and as you said yourself the market changes all the time

Better sales than now according to the video.
    So the other books made up for the average ecause I remember it being on 50k for a uncanny, it is very low for 2000s book

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well, that's not what I was saying. My point is that you can't compare sales from 2020, in a pandemic, to a previous time period as if it was simple as that. It's as far from an 1:1 situation as you can get. There many different factors involved and as you said yourself the market changes all the time
    Yes, which is why I was interested in a comprehensive analysis. including market share. We can even add historically relevant markers to the analysis(wars, stock crashes, media events, etc) for greater context.

BANNED

posts on twitter saying positive things about tini eclipse this thread by several hundred, twitter is a massive social media platform, this forum is a niche of a niche.
    If twitter is an echo chamber, what is this forum? an echo car drawer?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So the other books made up for the average ecause I remember it being on 50k for a uncanny, it is very low for 2000s book
    If I recall the Fraction's anniversary issue(500th) didn't sold more than Hickman's first. That was the best selling issue for Fraction.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-12-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    posts on twitter saying positive things about tini eclipse this thread by several hundred, twitter is a massive social media platform, this forum is a niche of a niche.
    If twitter is an echo chamber, what is this forum? an echo car drawer?
    Twitter is also a niche

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    If I recall the Fraction's anniversary issue didn't sold more than Hickman's first. That was the best selling issue for Fraction.
    That is why I scratched my head that his era had higher sales than Hickman. Probably less books, but selling higher
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.