Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Fallen Angels is the most poorly sold one among the six books in the beginning of DOX, and I remember it's critical performance is comparatively poor too.

So it's very possible that it was planned to be an ongoing to promote Kwanno/Psylock and explore Sinister's issues but its frustrating feedback push X-Office to cancel it and adjust some canons it brought up (Sinister was converted to a clown-like image, Laura's anger management problem is deleted)

cota may face the same situation.
    The sales were salvageable, it was still on 35k when it was canceled, they probably prefered to fold with Hellions for a new concept

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think it's due to the fact that People like to trade wait on a mini. That way they can just get the story all at once instead of having to wait half a year just to read one story.
    At least with an On-going, it's a continuous story that stretches for a number of years, or an event in which everyone will be talking about. But a mini series which is effectively a side story to the main series, yeah, People are going to want to wait it out.
    It's also cheaper trade wait for minis

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I don't think Wat of X will be a mini. The writer clearly said that the cast will change a bit over time. That indicated to me, that it is not a mini.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

X-corps is not a mini it's an ongoing and the same with Way of X. Discussion of sales is always so annoying because we all know that the diamond system is flawed and doesn't represent direct sales. Singe comics sales just mean the number of comics that are on comic store shelves and not the number of issues that were actually purchased by comic readers.

Anyways who do you think Monet will recruit for x-corps?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    X-corps is not a mini it's an ongoing and the same with Way of X. Discussion of sales is always so annoying because we all know that the diamond system is flawed and doesn't represent direct sales. Singe comics sales just mean the number of comics that are on comic store shelves and not the number of issues that were actually purchased by comic readers.
    So all the sellers who are selling these books have dig their heads underground?

Anyways who do you think Monet will recruit for x-corps?
    I would like to see all involved in the original X-Corporation return. Darksatar, Thornn, etc.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    So all the sellers who are selling these books have dig their heads underground?
    No. Some of those stores have gotten the book because folks pre-paid for it. Others because they think they can sell it. Others who over order to get that ONE variant cover to sell at a high price and then will CRY to Bleedingcool about Marvel making them buy all those variants. Which Marvel did not.

Discussion of sales is always so annoying because we all know that the diamond system is flawed and doesn't represent direct sales. Singe comics sales just mean the number of comics that are on comic store shelves and not the number of issues that were actually purchased by comic readers.
    The issue with sales is there are titles stores DO NOT mind leaving piles of unsold books.
    Yes you will see FITS tossed when it's say MS MARVEL or MOON GIRL or Squirrel Girl whose total of unsold books of any given arc-is under 2-4 issues.
    While that same stores is SILENT at the large pile of X-Men or Batman books that are so large in number tables and shelves are ready to break.

Now some will say they do that to inflate sales on certain issues. Here is the issue with that-somebody is going to have it CHEAPER.

BANNED

Not sure I am following or buying it. How is it those each major titles have consistent sells after each launch? Because the buyers have paid for them for 10 years in advance even if those books get unsold and they continue to get overloaded on their shelves?
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-21-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Who are our mor canaiving and manipulative mutants? That M and Angel can mentor?

I'm going to go with Manon and Maxime,. Shinobi shaw, Catsye so she can tell if people are lying, Miguela Torres because she used to be a gang leader.

Those are a few I would pick.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 02-22-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Anole ran Worthington Industries for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Who are our mor canaiving and manipulative mutants? That M and Angel can mentor?

I'm going to go with Manon and Maxime,. Shinobi shaw, Catsye so she can tell if people are lying, Miguela Torres because she used to be a gang leader.

Those are a few I would pick.
    Lady Mastermind would be a good shout, with some subtle illusions to push people in the right direction. Plus I just want to see her in a monthly again!

Mighty Member

They’ll hire Broo and outsource all their customer care calls to the brood in space.

Well, the solicitation says that Monet will recruit the most brilliant and deviant minds that mutant kind has to offer.

I know that he isn't a mutant, but I would like to see X-Corp hire Deadpool as a mercenary. Warren hired him for Uncanny X-Force. He's definitely a deviant character.
    Briar Raleigh isn't a mutant, but she has ties to the hellfire Club, if I remember correctly.

I'd like to see one of the Mastermind sisters also.

Trinary is something of an anti-corporate type, so she could be interesting.
    Sunfire could work well.
    I guess that they could recruit Gideon because he is a brilliant corporate character, but I wouldn't want him.

I'm afraid that we will get someone like Strong Guy instead.

I think that it is fairly obvious that Sunspot and Karma won't be in the comic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, the solicitation says that Monet will recruit the most brilliant and deviant minds that mutant kind has to offer.

I know that he isn't a mutant, but I would like to see X-Corp hire Deadpool as a mercenary. Warren hired him for Uncanny X-Force. He's definitely a deviant character.
    Briar Raleigh isn't a mutant, but she has ties to the hellfire Club, if I remember correctly.

I'd like to see one of the Mastermind sisters also.

Trinary is something of an anti-corporate type, so she could be interesting.
    Sunfire could work well.
    I guess that they could recruit Gideon because he is a brilliant corporate character, but I wouldn't want him.

I'm afraid that we will get someone like Strong Guy instead.

I think that it is fairly obvious that Sunspot and Karma won't be in the comic at this point.
    Tini doesn't strike me as the type of writer to have Strong Guy in her book or as a core team member tbh. Sunspot will pop up but I don't think he'll be a permanent occurrence. A lot of the people I could see Monet recruit are already in teams (Illyana, Rachel, Callisto, Terry, Betsy, Karima (rip), Polaris, Domino, Sage, Cypher, Armor, Rictor).

I could see Trinary as part of the team. Fantomex will definitely pop up.

I agree that Lady Mastermind should be a recruit. I would like to see Mercury and/or Pixie with Monet mentoring them on the side.

I think it would be interesting to see Monet trying to recruit Isca the Unbeaten and I want to see Darkside back

Tini doesn't strike me as the type of writer to have Strong Guy in her book or as a core team member tbh. Sunspot will pop up but I don't think he'll be a permanent occurrence. A lot of the people I could see Monet recruit are already in teams (Illyana, Rachel, Callisto, Terry, Betsy, Karima (rip), Polaris, Domino, Sage, Cypher, Armor, Rictor).

I could see Trinary as part of the team. Fantomex will definitely pop up.

I agree that Lady Mastermind should be a recruit. I would like to see Mercury and/or Pixie with Monet mentoring them on the side.

I think it would be interesting to see Monet trying to recruit Isca the Unbeaten and I want to see Darkside back
    Yeah, I would like for Monet to reunite with Terry and Magik also. I just don't think that it will happen. They are already in other books.

I don't know if I could see Monet mentoring anybody. I also think that it would make her to much like Emma Frost. But then again, that's what might make it interesting.

Why do you think that Monet would recruit Fantomex? Not being critical, I'm just curious as to why you think that she would do that.
    It would be a real bummer for me if she did that. I'm not very fond of that guy. I'd still rather see Deadpool fill that role.
    Or maybe Laura Kinney would be a better choice if she is not in a different book.

But, it's obvious that not all of these characters will be in the comic anyway. I can't see them putting that many characters in one comic.