Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Pass. Howard is awful. Now she’s going to have two books? She can’t even focus on coherent storytelling in Excalibur. Take her off Excalibur and she can have this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not quite sure how to feel.

Tini in Excalibur has been hit or miss, up and down....though I will say the last few issues were more UP. Still...she would not have been my first choice for this book. Nor my second or third, if I'm being honest.
    And I'm not feeling the art.
    It's not bad at all, in fact it's actually better than most but...again, not what I would have preferred. My hope and first choice was actually Matteo Buffagni. I loved him on XM 06 and the Empyre issue. He could/would have gotten me to look past Tini's tics, alas...

This is a pass for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So congrats to her. Hickman and JDW must see something that we do not.

It's known I do not like her writing style.

But I will say the Empyre issue she co-wrote with Angel and Monet in it wasn't bad at all. We don't really know how much of that was Hickman or Howard though.

I'm hoping that Excalibur gets a new artist and writer though. Wishful thinking.

Good for her though. Make that money.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, at least it finally came out.

Does this mean the Moira X series was the one that was cancelled?
    Maybe yes or no. we don't know what books are being developped

Now looking back Excalibur is a really easy concept and she messed up. Strike force didnt seemed hard too and she messed up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Monet's problem isn't just the color, the nose is ... decidedly not Monet's nose.
    Should have used Dauterman's version as template. Doesn't get better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Maybe yes or no. we don't know what books are being developped

Now looking back Excalibur is a really easy concept and she messed up. Strike force didnt seemed hard too and she messed up
    Most people liked her on Strike Force from what I saw. She was just constrained by having a super small number of issues in a book that was never going to get a big push to go beyond an arc or two.

I have mixed feelings because while Tini Howard has certainly improved a lot after X of Swords, before that the series was excessively confusing.

If she continues as now, this may be good, if she is like before ... Meh.

PS: Among the people I know, Strikeforce was definitely more enjoyed than Excalibur.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Maybe we'll get an arc where the X-Corp deals with r/wallstreetbets shortselling Krakoan drugs

I was never a fan of this idea to begin with but this book needed to exist to show the legitimate face of Krakoa.

On Howard she's okay enough, she can do comedy and snark well, so I hope this is a comedy book.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I see Warren "dresses to the left".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Mutant Business is going to be the new thing. She’s going to teach us the ins and outs of mutant business and within 20 issues we still won’t know what the hell it is. Oh yeah.. it’s mutant synergy like in every other book but a new name.

And besides Monet being so light, she’s smiling. Uh... doesn’t she normally smile when she’s about to beat someone’s ass?
    Last edited by Rnap22; 02-11-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Most people liked her on Strike Force from what I saw. She was just constrained by having a super small number of issues in a book that was never going to get a big push to go beyond an arc or two.
    I don't know a lot of people liking Strike Force. I dont know why writers try to go full force instead of getting there issue by issue. At the end it get canceled anyway and the results are forgettable

I was SO looking forward to this book as I love Monet....and now I see who is writing it and my excitement has plummeted.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Uggggh. I was so looking forward to this book, in particular seeing Monet on an ongoing, announcing Howard as the writer is extremely disappointing. Her Excalibur work has just been so terrible that I really don't want her handling any character I like. From what we have been shown the art is also bland. I'll pick up the first issue and hope she surprises me with good writing, but I'm not optimistic.

Her Strikeforce was actually mostly fine, my biggest problem with it was that it didn't need to be more than a tight mini-series dealing specifically with resolving the Vridrai problem. Those filler issues in the middle and the Deadpool stuff were entirely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I was SO looking forward to this book as I love Monet....and now I see who is writing it and my excitement has plummeted.
    Her Monet is good

And i'm sorry i'm just so disappointed in The X-group, i just really am. They get previews of these images, they see the art before hand and Tini, Vita, nobody says anything when they see the black and white versions. If i was a colorist i would be confused too in black and white i wouldn't think that was a woman of color next to warren, i would have thought it was his twin.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/