Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I’ll give it a shot.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Tini Howard? Why?! Her Excalibur series is appalling and yet she gets another X-book, unbelievable!

Hoo boy. Well I guess I won't be tempted to spend more money on comics this way. But what on Earth is editorial thinking? Let's give a second book to the writer that is failing to connect with their audience the most?

Yikes to more Tini

Incredible Member

I would laugh if people are jumping to conclusions that is m and not another character entirely. Its implied Monet is going to be creating a staff, maybe this is one of the staff. Why do people jump at the worst possible conclusion first. If it is M then it needs to be fixed, but we are only assuming its m. Yes m will be in the book but that doesnt automatically mean shes in the preview.... I take a wait and see before judgement approach.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I would laugh if people are jumping to conclusions that is m and not another character entirely. Its implied Monet is going to be creating a staff, maybe this is one of the staff. Why do people jump at the worst possible conclusion first. If it is M then it needs to be fixed, but we are only assuming its m. Yes m will be in the book but that doesnt automatically mean shes in the preview.... I take a wait and see before judgement approach.
    LOL...thats Monet

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Just Monet and Archangel as CEO, really makes me wonder what other characters will join.

Sunspot is likely I thought first, but now he's in the run for the new X- Men team, so wait and see on him, I guess.

Who else you think fits the corp style book? Vange perhaps?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Im so confused. Twitter is loving this announcement.

I just don't get it.

Oof...I've seen some people saying that Tini Howard knows how to write Warren and Monet, but I'm not sure if that's true. The dialogue in Empyre and X of Swords seemed more Hickman than Howard. Tini better do herself a favor and keep the cast small, maybe her writing will benefit from having less characters to juggle. I have nothing against her, I want her to defy expectations and really surprise me with this book, but that is yet to be seen.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

According to the article X-Corp was always Howard's idea, so it makes sense she would be the one to write it, but still....

As for the cast, I'm now hoping that the other members are Beast, Colossus, and Jimmy Hudson, because I don't care at all about them. But in reality, I think it's probably likely that Northstar's husband Kyle will be on the book, that poor bastard.

Excalibur has been the worst of this Hickman Era. Maybe Howard will be better here, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

The concept and, more specifically, the cover design/art are giving me major “Joe Casey/Wildcats Version 3.0” vibes.
    And now I want Joe Casey writing this book instead of Howard...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im so confused. Twitter is loving this announcement.

I just don't get it.
    I can't say i am surprised at all. *looks at art again*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Excalibur was awful. Just awful.

Great cover. But I will stay far away from this writer. Big no for me.

I‘m a huge Monet fan. But still no!

I'll be honest, Howard's involvement is kind of a turn off. I don't think Excalibur is as bad as everyone seems to think, but I also believe she could have done a lot more with the book's high concept. Mutant magic should be way more exciting than those first 15 or so issues.
    That said, I love the idea behind this book and it's huge to have Monet in a leading role. I'm willing to give the creative team the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.
    Now bring me Sunspot and Karma because they're just too perfect for a corporate X-book.