Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So the comic some have been excited for or at least eager for months to learn if it will happen or not, turns out it happen after all, but it's written by the person most readers (at least those voicing their opinion online) seem to agree on being the weakest writer of the current X-men books.

Of course this is the usual "benefit of a doubt" situation, but overall, i can understand the resigned reactions i'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The opinions of fans on Twitter are no less valid than the ones here. Editorial probably pays way more attention to the response that Excalibur receives on twitter than anywhere else.
    Of course and neither those here or there, have any noticable impact on actual sales. So in the end, we will have to wait a few months after the release to see if this book will be well recieved or not. Regardless of the visible reactions.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-11-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Mighty Member

LMAO at people on this board saying Twitter is an echo chamber! Talk about having no self-awareness.

Oh and when you make twitter sound like a nicer place than this board...yikes.

Maybe we can get some New Xmen to join as supporting. Def want to see Karma, Sunspot, Emma, Magneto guest star.

Who else is rich?

David Aja on covers though... Might mean more Marvel work from him??

one does have to wonder though how many people buy the books that are on twitter vs people who buy the books on the smaller message boards as a collective. The twitter numbers don't add up to sales rather it adds up to promotion. *shrugs*

I've heard about things getting millions of hits that only sold thousands.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    mmmmmh twitter......
    X-office should base their comics less on X-twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    one does have to wonder though how many people buy the books that are on twitter vs people who buy the books on the smaller message boards as a collective. The twitter numbers don't add up to sales rather it adds up to promotion. *shrugs*

I've heard about things getting millions of hits that only sold thousands.
    I know a influencer that had millions of followers, then she thought:" I will open a online store, if 1% buys things I gonna get a lot of money"
    Months later she closed because sales were low. She had tons of followers but they didn't convert to actual sales.

Xtwitter in't even that big, but they do a great job to hype things and writers beliee on it
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-11-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well, I must be the only one who is hyped about it.
    Would love if the other millionaires Karma and Sunspot join as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sunspot has bussiness with X-corps, he has been talking about it for some time

Why are people assuming or thinking that this cast is or should be made up of rich characters?

I definitely didn't see this coming, but I'm happy for Tini since it was her pitch. I liked her monet and Warren and the last few issues of Excalibur improved a lot. So I'm still excited for this.

I just don't want her on two books so I hope excalibur gets a revamp. A new writer, artist, and let's focus the cast on the Braddocks and Otherworld and let Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee go to the main X-Men team maybe.

As for this books, I wonder what other Mutants would be cut throat business women and men? Sunspot and Emma come to mind. But I don't see them being supportive character for Monet and Warren.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I literally reading this thread getting ready to tell people that your opinions on Excaliber does not match reality. You might not like Tini Howard but Tini Howard's book is doing fine. Twitter is not the only echo chamber.

Anyways this Monet in a leading role so I am happy, I am normally critical of Angel but this a role that he is well suited for if he can't be interesting or useful in this book I don't know where they can use him. Madrox was mentioned in the interview and Sunspot has been dropping the X-corps name a bit so I guess those guys are options for the book
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-11-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sounds like they should call the book X-men: One percent
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It does for me, would you like me to provide you with the list of questions i have for excalibur. The only reason i don't go into the spoiler thread much and instead posts my questions instead of opinions is because it's not worth the brain farts of people acting like you have some personal vendetta just because you don't like a book. Then i thought, screw it, i actually buy it so if it brings people down that i don't like it and i am honestly coming from a genuine place that's there problem. But it's nice some of these writers must be sharing their checks with people. Real stans.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I literally reading this thread getting ready to tell people that your opinions on Excaliber does not match reality. You might not like Tini Howard but Tini Howard's book is doing fine. Twitter is not the only echo chamber.

Anyways this Monet in a leading role so I am happy, I am normally critical of Angel but this a role that he is well suited for if he can't be interesting or useful in this book I don't know where they can use him. Madrox was mentioned in the interview and Sunspot has been dropping the X-corps name a bit so I guess those guys are options for the book
    We don't really know if the book is doing fine. I dont think there is sales ranking lately, so we have no idea how it is doing.

If Xtwitter was the truth all x-books would be on top 10

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are people assuming or thinking that this cast is or should be made up of rich characters?
    I assume it's because this book seems to be about a big corperation formed to serve the economic and political interests of a Nation, which has been noted to be utterly rich because of a monopoly on a series of high value products and with limitless resources as their disposale (a mercantilism dream).

So it seems reasonable that the main characters or at least those in charge will be the kind of people who have experience with and connections into the big business around the world, hence also being rich themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    X-office should base their comics less on X-twitter

I know a influencer that had millions of followers, then she thought:" I will open a online store, if 1% buys things I gonna get a lot of money"
    Months later she closed because sales were low. She had tons of followers but they didn't convert to actual sales.

Xtwitter in't even that big, but they do a great job to hype things and writers beliee on it
    Really doesn't surprise me. It's a lot easier for them to run their fingers on a keyboard about the free issues they are reading. I completely avoid the place unless it's one of the links posted here. I mean for me at least places like this i see enough posts from people that i can get a feel for whats genuine whose genuine. That place just seems like a jungle and overwhelming to me. But i do enjoy when they come through with the social justices. That's really all i truly think it's good for.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.