Default The best Superman villains

Who have been your favorite Superman villains in live action and animation?

And who are the villains you want to see adapted in those formats?

I really have liked General Zod in all the movies and in the Krypton show on SyFy. I think he has been more lucky than Lex Luthor in live action. My favorite Lex is probably Jon Cryer. Also liked Faora and Ursa a lot.

Speaking more of Lex, the All Star version is really awesome too, as is the one in Superman TAS and JL/U shows

I loved Braniac in the SyFy Krypton show. I want to see that version in the movies so desperately.

My favorite Doomsday is also from the Krypton show and the one from The Death of Superman animated movie.

I found Mr MXY quite entertaining in Season 2 of Supergirl. He reminded me to Q from Star Trek the Next Generation.

I'm going to think of more.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-08-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Incredible Member

Personal favourites:

Lex Luthor - Smallville/ Supergirl/ DCAU/ Young Justice
    Brainiac - DCAU
    Darkseid - DCAU/ Young Justice
    Doomsday - The Death of Superman
    Mongul - DCAU/ Young Justice
    Cyborg Superman - Reign of the Supermen
    Metallo - Superman/ Batman: Public Enemies
    Parasite - Superman: Man of Tomorrow
    Toyman - Smallville
    Ultraman - Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

VILLAINS I WANT TO SEE ADAPTED
    Atlas
    Conduit
    Kryptonite Man
    Prankster (I know he's been in stuff before, but none memorable)
    Terra-Man
    Master Jailer
    Insect Queen
    Loophole
    Puzzler
    Riot
    Xa-Du

Hmm so many good suggestions. I'd add Livewire.

1: she has very interesting powers. Not only is the scale of her powers great enough to harm a Kryptonian, but their nature gives her abilities Kryptonians can't imitate. Examples: she can mentally control any electronics she's near. It's an advanced electro-kinetic function where she forces the electricity to flow the wrong way and do what she wants. Turning into a living lightning bolt and zipping through a power line is also interesting because it's functionally an intangibility power. Even a Kryptonian can't hold a lightning bolt in their bare hands. She also has powers that let her do stuff like hearing and transmitting radio waves. It's a different super sense than what Kryptonians have.

2: she has interesting skills. Leslie Willis is a radio personality. But she's many times demonstrated that she has quite a lot of skill with computers and broadcasting equipment. Some of this is her uinique form of electro-kinetic hacking, but that power... needs skill otherwise you're just short-circuiting stuff. Which yes, she's been known to do that. But it's not inevitable.

3: she's more of a chaotic influence than a hard-core villain. This kinda plays with #1 in that she could be written as an ally if the situation calls for it... and maybe become a hero... maybe. But it's interesting having villains who are lesser threats because they're more troublemakers than big bads.... and Livewire is an exceptionally powerful "annoyance".
    Last edited by marhawkman; 02-11-2021 at 02:09 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like most of them, even the lesser known ones, but some favorites (and I'll elaborate when I have more time) would be:

Brainiac
    Lex Luthor
    Maxima (the OG)
    Bizarro
    Parasite
    Metallic
    Mxy
    Livewire

I may hit on more later but those are the ones I'd try and use if I got the chance.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The one with the concept of frail body genius mind that can't be taken down with superpowers like Ultra or someone that's both so smart and so prideful he can't understand simplicity of humility and kindness like a lot of versions of Lex

Brainy for the coolness factor of octopus machinery, but I haven't been impressed... well I haven't been reading the stories that shows his genius.

The 5th dimensional creature that can attack at any point in your life like Vyndktvx that it's hard to prepare because the attack would already happened, and he's more serious than Mxy so I prefer him.