Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

All of them except Wolverine and I only say that because X-Force and Wolverine are the only titles I find interesting currently. Also, I just wanna say the whole New X-Men era began the downfall of many established X-characters and only served to make Emma Frost more prominent... IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think we can all with certainty agree that the most stiffed mutant in this era is the one whose appreciation thread we personally have the most posts in.
    How dare you! [Name of character who's actually appearing in books that I don't like because they don't follow my extensive and very singular headcanon] was clearly the one who got the short end of the stick!
    Last edited by nandes; 02-12-2021 at 08:51 AM.

I think we can all with certainty agree that the most stiffed mutant in this era is the one whose appreciation thread we personally have the most posts in.
    I only have like 2 posts in the gambit appreciation thread, if that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All of y'all saying characters who are regularly appearing. It's definitely characters like Dazzler who are barely showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    All of y'all saying characters who are regularly appearing. It's definitely characters like Dazzler who are barely showing up.
    Careful, she might show up in X-Corps or Excalibur!

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    How dare you! [Name of character who's actually appearing in books that I don't like because they don't follow my extensive and very singular headcanon] was clearly the one who got the short end of the stick!
    It's not a subtweet when it's not on Twitter.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

It's Surge. She should've been Captain Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's not a subtweet when it's not on Twitter.
    LOL this was good. It quites dont work here

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee and (dare I even say it) Betsy Braddock. Aside from Rogue absorbing Apocalypse's powers for a bit, and Jubilee only by way of Shogo, Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee have absolutely been written as unmemorable as possible. They could have been replaced with any other character and, with the two exceptions I mentioned, it wouldn't have made a difference. Psylocke (Betsy version in either body)used to be my favorite character, but even with being the focal character of Excalibur, I never have seen her written so dully and bland. How does that even happen - if you are using a character as the main character in a book, they should be interesting. And she was....until this era. No wonder I dropped Excalibur - the lineup looked stellar, the writing was anything but.

As far as characters who have lost out because of very little appearances, (Arch)angel, Banshee and Monet. Which is surprising because Monet had a decent showing in the HOX/POX actual mini series. DoX came along and she's done little outside of the GSXM: Storm issue.

Mystique is also a bit head-scratching. Hickman really played up the potential for her role in HOX/POX. and he's likely playing the long game with her and I suspect will have her be crucial to how this whole era ends, but outside of her council appearances she's done little to nothing. Granted being on the QC is something in of itself but I kind of expected more. Excepting Exodus and Nightcrawler (and he's getting book that will revolve around him), who have at least had some non council exposure, everyone else on that council has had a fairly large role in events that were not just about the council.

But of all of these, for the reasons I mentioned, Betsy Braddock has lost the most. An uninteresting focal point is worse than being part of a side cast or being limited in appearances.
    Thank you! I keep seeing people acting like Betsy is being treated well in Excalibur and I’m like, no way. If the character is being written in such a boring fashion that you almost wish they were just a background extra, then they are being treated pretty terribly. None of the the characters are getting good treatment in that book. There’s just bad and worse and I can’t decide who is getting which.

I think Scarlet Witch. There's never been a better opportunity to redeem her than now and she's still off somewhere else. She's one of the first female mutants and she's so important for the lore now. She needs to be put in an X-Title. You cannot resolve that storyline and keep her in the Avengers.

Cable. He’s missing out on the whole Dawn/Reign of X era while this lame twink wannabe Quentin Quire version masquerades as him in his own book and in SWORD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    All of them except Wolverine and I only say that because X-Force and Wolverine are the only titles I find interesting currently. Also, I just wanna say the whole New X-Men era began the downfall of many established X-characters and only served to make Emma Frost more prominent... IMO
    Yeah, this era has definitely been great for Logan so far. The best he’s been handled in a long, long time IMO.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.

The worst character in all of the Krakoa times is Beast....easily...his crimes and atrocities are too well known

but as for just forgotten about (out of the most well known X-Characters).....hmm...Banshee are definitely not been featured as much as he should be....maybe he'll have something to do in X-Factor or gets picked to be in the X-Men

but I'm gonna go for Thunderbird...John Proudstar (though I'm wondering how many fans Neal Shaara has)....nothing of note except for that one Mr. Sinster line

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I think Scarlet Witch. There's never been a better opportunity to redeem her than now and she's still off somewhere else. She's one of the first female mutants and she's so important for the lore now. She needs to be put in an X-Title. You cannot resolve that storyline and keep her in the Avengers.
    I think a true resolution is going to require some genuine care and collaboration between the X-Men and Avengers franchises. Ideally with a Wanda fan (by this I'm thinking writer or editor at Marvel, but doesn't have to be limited to them) overseeing everything for impact from her POV. We already saw what happens if the Avengers office has full or majority control. They just paint X-Men as the bad guys thinking that counts as a shortcut instead of inflaming the problem X-books side. We also don't want the opposite though, where it's just a bash-a-thon on Wanda that superficially appears to be good for X-Men but really isn't. So the best approach is true collaboration between the offices with someone there to ensure Wanda specifically is treated well in the outcome, not just thrown under the bus for both franchises.

Though this is Marvel, who apparently doesn't know the concept of sensitivity readers despite multiple scandals. So that may be entirely unrealistic.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    It's so weird how Marvel isn't even featuring her and Pietro in any comics despite WandaVision being one of the most successful streaming shows at the moment. So much for media synergy...

I’m going to say the 5. They just seem like high power doctors and surgeons.