Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Good point about Beast but I feel like he's been just going further down the hole he's been going on since his time in Astonishing ended. Maybe even started sometime within Astonishing actually. At this point the character assassination is deliberate and second only to Scarlet Witch.
    They are setting him up as a villain? in a era were villains are welcome as x-men this is so weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    She really doesn't. I understand you hate the character and love anything that makes her look terrible in comparison to the characters you do like, but they have plenty of actual villains they can use without needing to continue to drag her through the mud. It's too bad the X-Men side of things just can't seem to do that.
    wanda's responsible for hundreds of issues of pure misery for these characters and stories, she was already dragged it's time to continue and to accept it! she's part of the x-men's villains (the avengers too) so don;t expect any x-men writer to care about her beyond her actions
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Rockslide, of course.

The first one to be killed without being resurrected by the Five. In a story that wasn't even about him, but about Polaris' fee-fees, and Genesis' murderer's family drama.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Rockslide, of course.

The first one to be killed without being resurrected by the Five. In a story that wasn't even about him, but about Polaris' fee-fees, and Genesis' murderer's family drama.
    I wouldn't say Rockslide's death was about Polaris' feelings at all. That depiction of her was incredibly out of character and didn't at all take into account what she's been through, especially the Genoshan genocide. The only idea of Lorna that possibly fits is one where she hasn't done anything since the 80s or earlier. In other words, it did way more to hurt Lorna than help her, and she would've been better off not used at all. Her role within that story was to make Rockslide's death feel more weighty at her expense.

Which is an entirely different matter from whether or not it was good for Rockslide. Lorna being screwed over by it doesn't mean Rockslide wasn't. Both can be true. I understand and respect the view that Rockslide lost out most among characters. I can see where that's coming from. Where my disagreement comes from is the suggestion that it was about Lorna, because it wasn't.

For what it's worth, I think people who were actually close to Rockslide should've been used for that story instead of Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The majority of my faves. Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee are all trapped in Excalibur as wallpaper. Laura literally locked in a Vault after a really poor miniseries. My SO's favorite, Colossus has been badly used. Beast is kind of awful now. Bishop has been sidelined. Basically all the characters that I would want to purchase a book for other than Storm. Is it any wonder this era brings me so little joy. At least there's been some Gabby and the creepy gray twins.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda's responsible for hundreds of issues of pure misery for these characters and stories, she was already dragged it's time to continue and to accept it! she's part of the x-men's villains (the avengers too) so don;t expect any x-men writer to care about her beyond her actions
    I don't see why I need to accept a story I consider terrible from multiple standpoints as the best way to go about things. Obviously I don't have control over the X-Men writers, they'll do what they want. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy the use of character I like so that the X-Men can have yet another mutant extinction story, which in my opinion is rather played out at this point.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Cyclops. While the new era is way better than Rosencanny or IvX, it's a disapointment when compared with the post-Morrison era.

For the first time since Morrison, Cylclops feels irrelevant. He may appear on almost every X-Men issue Hickman writes, but he is hardly the focus of any of them, simply because Hickman's focus is worldbuilding, he is presenting the new mutant world, it's threats and players to be developted in other books of the line. Cyclops is there, but it could be Havok, Jean or Wolverine in his place and, imo, the story would be pretty much the same.
    Here's hoping that Reign of X changes things for the character.
    Agree. The same can be said for Jean, Gambit an Rogue. They could be replaced in many of their appearances with another character and it wouldn’t make much difference as none of their voices feel unique.

In fact most of Hickman’s women feel quite disappointing. The xmen as a whole sound and feel off. He can only seem to give voices to certain character archetypes like the antiheroes/villains.

World build all you want, but if I dont care about the characters populating that world and it’s a fail.
    Last edited by Tank; 02-14-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Agree. The same can be said for Jean, Gambit an Rogue. They could be replaced in many of their appearances with another character and it wouldn’t make much difference as none of their voices feel unique.

In fact most of Hickman’s women feel quite disappointing. The xmen as a whole sound and feel off. He can only seem to give voices to certain character archetypes like the antiheroes/villains.

World build all you want, but if I dont care about the characters populating that world and it’s a fail.
    I will say that Cyclops seemed to be strategically positioned as someone who thoroughly believed in Krakoa and now as someone with the will to revive the X-Men. The main series opened with Cyclops seeing clearly for the first time since his powers developed and I wouldn’t be surprised if it all ties together in a very meaningful arc for him.

Totally agree with you on the rest.

Mighty Member

Boom Boom. They made her drunk all the time. ��
    Show some damn respect. She was on X-force and Brisson made her come off like an idiot.

Banshee
    Proteus - He's back and just chill and Moira doesn't care?
    Madrox
    Shade/Darkveil
    Iceman & Christian Frost
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Oh, there's some serious story there. In 'the old world' he was raised in a cell by his mom, because he straight up murdered people to fuel his powers. And now there's this shiny new Krakoa, *designed by his mom* in which he's an integral part of it's structure (one of the Five) *and* has a built-in pack of friends (again, those Five) that he lives with *and* is part of the resurrection machine that pumps out bodies so that he's got an unlimited supply of bodies to burn through.

I would honestly not be at all surprised that at least some of this Krakoa planning Moira did was based on her own guilt over how she'd been forced to treat her son in various other lives. This Krakoa iteration seems tailor-made to give Kevin the life, the friends, etc. that he never got to have in previous lives.

The Five in general have some unanswered questions. Elixir seems to speak for them, but anyone who has read Academy X or New X-Men remembers that Elixir is just a brat. He's impulsive, has *terrible* judgment, picks fights, etc. He's the twit who didn't like how Colossus was 'talking down' to him and waited for him to turn to flesh-and-blood and cold-cocked him from behind with a steel beam to the back of the head! He's darn near the *last* person I'd put in that role. Particularly when Hope or even Tempus would be many times more appropriate in such a role. (That said, he's absolutely messy drama, and every book needs some of that!)

I guess that's another option. Heroes who are getting some storytime, but are *utterly unrecognizable.* Acting so wildly out of character that it's like they might as well not be appearing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Banshee
    Madrox
    Shade/Darkveil
    Iceman & Christian Frost
    What makes you think she doesnt care? She is fulyl aware that he is back. She has to remain hidden bc there is more to the bigger picture. There is alot put into play for the sake of Krakoa. Proteus is back bc of her. She cant let any feelings for him as her child cloud her judgement though

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think we can all with certainty agree that the most stiffed mutant in this era is the one whose appreciation thread we personally have the most posts in.
    100% accurate.

For me personally, it would be Beast and Rogue. But they aren't deal breakers because Marvel has allowed Beast to be ruined for a while now so it's nothing new, and Rogue is just stuck ina boring book but doesn't seem to be damaged. I guess the same could be said for Gambit and Jubilee, but I've always been "whatever" about them to begin with.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What makes you think she doesnt care? She is fulyl aware that he is back. She has to remain hidden bc there is more to the bigger picture. There is alot put into play for the sake of Krakoa. Proteus is back bc of her. She cant let any feelings for him as her child cloud her judgement though
    The parenting skills of Marvel's mutants have never been what I'd call spectacular. I've got five kids, they range in age from mid 30s down to mid 20s, and even at those ages nothing, and I mean nothing, is more important to me than them and their welfare. My feelings for my kids will always cloud my judgement about anything and everything. I believe most parents are pretty similar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    The parenting skills of Marvel's mutants have never been what I'd call spectacular. I've got five kids, they range in age from mid 30s down to mid 20s, and even at those ages nothing, and I mean nothing, is more important to me than them and their welfare. My feelings for my kids will always cloud my judgement about anything and everything. I believe most parents are pretty similar to me.
    You also havent lived 10 different lives over hundreds of years and seen as messed up things in the world as Moira has. That kind of changes a person's perspective on things. I dont think you can compare your experience as a parent to her situation. I really dont get what people expect out of her knowing everything that w know