Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Arrow

All In The Family

Sandford and Son (which makes me sad as it is my favorite comedy series of all time )

Although I have enjoyed both over the years there is no denying they were full of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and portrayals of young minority men as criminals mainly played for laughs especially in the case of Sanford and Son.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-11-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

The Arnold Conan movies and some of those old swords and sorcery movies of the 80's...

Perhaps Big Trouble In Little China...even though I love the movie...

BANNED

Even Trading Places would have to get changes if they made it today. The movie would get into trouble with a lot of stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Cruel Intentions.

No way they could get away with some of the jokes and comments made in that film today.

Blathing Thaddles. Everybody tho thenthitive now.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm glad I already own Blazing Saddles on DVD. The day will come when you won't be able to see an unedited version of it.

Todd Philips kept going on about how you wouldn't be able to make a film like Joker now because of the feminazi PC woke police while he was promoting its cinema release in mass media, so that.

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Blathing Thaddles. Everybody tho thenthitive now.
    It's twue, it's twue.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Todd Philips kept going on about how you wouldn't be able to make a film like Joker now because of the feminazi PC woke police while he was promoting its cinema release in mass media, so that.
    That's ridiculous. The movie is a little over a year old. Feminism and #MeToo was here well before that. I thought the point of the movie was he was a sick, deranged person. not a hero.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

In the Heat of the Night. The racism is still there, but not as overt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's ridiculous. The movie is a little over a year old. Feminism and #MeToo was here well before that. I thought the point of the movie was he was a sick, deranged person. not a hero.
    And you can be arrested just for being white now.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The racism is depicted for the purpose of (very effectively) subverting it... but I'm not sure you can still get away with having white actors utter the N-word even in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The racism is depicted for the purpose of (very effectively) subverting it... but I'm not sure you can still get away with having white actors utter the N-word even in this context.
    Yes, of course, but he is thrown in jail for being black. Today you would..... oh, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    And you can be arrested just for being white now.
    This is a joke? Right?

I liked the tv show better then the movie. it is one of my favorites.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.