Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Yeah a quick Google search was absolutely useless or just told me there's a new Blaze series not coming out until February.

At least it's nice to see Ewing kept Sentry at the back of his mind while writing Defenders. I've thought he's the kind of high concept minded writer that could potentially work wonders with present tense Bob. And between his Contest of Champions series and Lemire's mini, the Age of the Sentry lived on.

I think Ewing could do interesting things with 616 Sentry, but he's on the record as preferring the version from Age of the Sentry.

No overt mention of Bob in the April solicits. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    They hate his fans lol.
    Last edited by Agent james west; 01-20-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    Under the ghost rider damnation #6
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    Those are fake, CBR User written solicitations for an alternate continuity.

At this point every new Sentry appearance leads to a new status quo:

- Doctor Strange requires help to defeat Loki? Contact the Sentry, who is resting in his own mind in outer space.
    - What happens to the Sentry after that? He is living a normal life in the regular universe and dives into a pocket dimension in his own mind to keep the Void at bay. In the end he merges with the Void and flies off.
    - Then we see him on Earth again, still merged, meditating and causing reality to break. When he regains his senses he flies off again.
    - Then we see him unmerged again, in his golden suit, but with black speech bubbles, so he is possessed by the Void. He is in the Negative Zone and the Robert Reynolds persona has been expelled from the empowered Sentry / Void body. In the end he merges with the empowered body and becomes merged Sentry again.
    - Then we see him unmerged again in King of Black, because editors apparently forgot about his merged state. He then gets killed without any explanation, despite the writer (who brought him back and killed him off again) insisting that the Sentry can't be killed.
    - Oh, in between somewhere, in an... alternate reality (?) Sentry also guards the memory wipe device, which causes the world to continuously forget about something - who gives a shit, nothing matters.
    - The Void is absorbed by Knull, which will most likely not last at all, while the Sentry is being brought to Valhalla... Valhalla out of all places, a place where death alien gods go, whom he has killed and destroyed and attacked their home twice. And that with the Sentry - as a white guy with an American citizenship, most likely being Christian and believing in God. Yet he is still brought to Valhalla, the heaven of Nordic mythology. I'm sure that there is an interesting story to be had and Donny Cates somewhat teased that, when he said that he was writing Thor and had the keys to Valahalla... but still. You have to ignore some major canon to go through with it. And I don't trust anyone at Marvel nowadays to tell a satisfying story.

I had started a Youtube channel purely dedicated to the Sentry, because I wanted to expand on the Sentry content for Sentry fans. That was pretty much the main reason, with my opinion on the topics really not even mattering that much. But with all of these constant changes, it's like... who gives a fuck anymore? I still read everything regarding the Sentry, but with the continuous retconning it's getting harder and harder to make sense of it all and explain some of the more convoluted stuff.

Which leads us to the newest revelation and possibly newest retcon: That Sentry is possibly tied to an abstract concept beyond creation? The ever lasting struggle of "to be or not to be"..? Now I could make a video and talk about how that goes well with what Molecule Man once said about the Sentry... How he has experienced everything in existence, but that he has never encountered something like the Sentry. And try to make other connections and so on. But why do that, when Marvel themselves don't really care about continuity? And with the next appearance of the Sentry something being changed yet again.
    In my opinion they shouldn't have went the Sentry route with that reveal. They should have just added the Good VS Evil part to it and leave the Sentry reference out of it. Lifebringer-One VS Anti-All. That's good enough. No First-Sentry and no Primal-Void. And then you purely focus on the Captain America type fighting off evil forces. That can stand on its own without the need of a follow-up to explain the possible Sentry connection.

Speaking of Captain America: With the shield and the wings on the head one might immediately think of Captain America. But with the golden colors and a nickname like the "First Sentry" the more likely connection is obviously the Sentry himself. Especially because at the very early stages of Sentrys conception, the artist Rick Veitch had drawn the Sentry as someone with a weapon and a shield and wings on his suit. I assume Al Ewing looked into that, when he wrote those scenes and those new conceptual characters: Early Sentry Concept Art.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Those are fake, CBR User written solicitations for an alternate continuity.
    oh i had no idea that series was in an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    At this point every new Sentry appearance leads to a new status quo:

- Doctor Strange requires help to defeat Loki? Contact the Sentry, who is resting in his own mind in outer space.
    - What happens to the Sentry after that? He is living a normal life in the regular universe and dives into a pocket dimension in his own mind to keep the Void at bay. In the end he merges with the Void and flies off.
    - Then we see him on Earth again, still merged, meditating and causing reality to break. When he regains his senses he flies off again.
    - Then we see him unmerged again, in his golden suit, but with black speech bubbles, so he is possessed by the Void. He is in the Negative Zone and the Robert Reynolds persona has been expelled from the empowered Sentry / Void body. In the end he merges with the empowered body and becomes merged Sentry again.
    - Then we see him unmerged again in King of Black, because editors apparently forgot about his merged state. He then gets killed without any explanation, despite the writer (who brought him back and killed him off again) insisting that the Sentry can't be killed.
    - Oh, in between somewhere, in an... alternate reality (?) Sentry also guards the memory wipe device, which causes the world to continuously forget about something - who gives a shit, nothing matters.
    - The Void is absorbed by Knull, which will most likely not last at all, while the Sentry is being brought to Valhalla... Valhalla out of all places, a place where death alien gods go, whom he has killed and destroyed and attacked their home twice. And that with the Sentry - as a white guy with an American citizenship, most likely being Christian and believing in God. Yet he is still brought to Valhalla, the heaven of Nordic mythology. I'm sure that there is an interesting story to be had and Donny Cates somewhat teased that, when he said that he was writing Thor and had the keys to Valahalla... but still. You have to ignore some major canon to go through with it. And I don't trust anyone at Marvel nowadays to tell a satisfying story.

I had started a Youtube channel purely dedicated to the Sentry, because I wanted to expand on the Sentry content for Sentry fans. That was pretty much the main reason, with my opinion on the topics really not even mattering that much. But with all of these constant changes, it's like... who gives a fuck anymore? I still read everything regarding the Sentry, but with the continuous retconning it's getting harder and harder to make sense of it all and explain some of the more convoluted stuff.

Which leads us to the newest revelation and possibly newest retcon: That Sentry is possibly tied to an abstract concept beyond creation? The ever lasting struggle of "to be or not to be"..? Now I could make a video and talk about how that goes well with what Molecule Man once said about the Sentry... How he has experienced everything in existence, but that he has never encountered something like the Sentry. And try to make other connections and so on. But why do that, when Marvel themselves don't really care about continuity? And with the next appearance of the Sentry something being changed yet again.
    In my opinion they shouldn't have went the Sentry route with that reveal. They should have just added the Good VS Evil part to it and leave the Sentry reference out of it. Lifebringer-One VS Anti-All. That's good enough. No First-Sentry and no Primal-Void. And then you purely focus on the Captain America type fighting off evil forces. That can stand on its own without the need of a follow-up to explain the possible Sentry connection.

Speaking of Captain America: With the shield and the wings on the head one might immediately think of Captain America. But with the golden colors and a nickname like the "First Sentry" the more likely connection is obviously the Sentry himself. Especially because at the very early stages of Sentrys conception, the artist Rick Veitch had drawn the Sentry as someone with a weapon and a shield and wings on his suit. I assume Al Ewing looked into that, when he wrote those scenes and those new conceptual characters: Early Sentry Concept Art.
    i have seen all of your videos. all i have come up with is no one at marvel does their due diligence and they dont care about continuity at all.

oh i had no idea that series was in an alternate reality.
    It doesn't exist. That entire thread is just fake solicits.

Looks like we'll probably be waiting for the 'sun turns black' storyline. That'd be my guess.

Being that Bruce Banner can't be killed (allegedly) either -- has Sentry ever gone toe-to-toe with an unfetter Hulk?
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-17-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Looks like we'll probably be waiting for the 'sun turns black' storyline. That'd be my guess.
    With the next Thor story being a Hulk Rumble I wouldn't be surprised if Bob had to wait out the rest of the year now.

Unfortunate because it stops the bit of momentum he seemed to have with more writers wanting to use him now, compared to how long it took for the Uncanny Avengers cliffhanger to be resolved.

But that's comics being a pay your money, take your chances hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    With the next Thor story being a Hulk Rumble I wouldn't be surprised if Bob had to wait out the rest of the year now.

Unfortunate because it stops the bit of momentum he seemed to have with more writers wanting to use him now, compared to how long it took for the Uncanny Avengers cliffhanger to be resolved.

But that's comics being a pay your money, take your chances hobby.
    Bob having whatever development and momentum he gets being stymied by another writer is sort of the story of his time in Marvel.

Yes I get that but how does knull eat a persona... When either way bob is the one manifesting him?
    I thought the Sentry was the three persona’s. I thought there was Bob. When Bob experiences his psychosis, he is the hero of his story, the Sentry. But he can’t be the hero of his story, because he is still a villain, a drug dependant and a thief. Bob can’t reconcile his evillity being the Void, and occillates between both the Void and Sentry, his ideal version of himself. Bob can’t have his ideal view of himself, because his evil twin won’t let him have his Sentry vision, permanently.

If Bob wants to have some semblance of freedom, Bob has to reconcile he is not Sentry, he is Void. Accept who he is, and move on, by practicing to be better.

It’s like the Mad Thinker imagines himself as Mr Fantastic, the perfect man who is always right and has a wonderful family. But he can’t be Reed because he’s the Mad Thinker, and can’t reconcile it to himself.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-16-2022 at 07:46 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I thought the Sentry was the three personaís. I thought there was Bob. When Bob experiences his psychosis, he is the hero of his story, the Sentry. But he canít be the hero of his story, because he is still a villain, a drug dependant and a thief. Bob canít reconcile his evillity being the Void, and occillates between both the Void and Sentry, his ideal version of himself. Bob canít have his ideal view of himself, because his evil twin wonít let him have his Sentry vision, permanently.

If Bob wants to have some semblance of freedom, Bob has to reconcile he is not Sentry, he is Void. Accept who he is, and move on, by practicing to be better.

Itís like the Mad Thinker imagines himself as Mr Fantastic, the perfect man who is always right and has a wonderful family. But he canít be Reed because heís the Mad Thinker, and canít reconcile it to himself.
    Yep, pre much the void is a manifestation of Bobs hallucinations that he believes is his evil version/other self. His schizophrenia makes him never be able to be free of the void