Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aside from the overreacting to Roy's addiction Oliver is still better than Bruce. And even the Roy incident doesn't come close to the worst Bruce has inflicted on his kids.
    I mean, I love Ollie, but he also abandoned Conner when he knew about him. He tried to make it up to him but still.

Bruce has never knowingly abandoned any of his kids.

Bruce doesn't even view them as his kids even Damian was something he didn't accept until paternity was established

He has said in several comics they are his soldiers
    This may be more of dkr bleeding into canon but nobody can say Bruce is this sweet caring man who is taking in kids out of pure altruism
    If that was true he wouldn't be inviting them into his war on crime let alone teaching them how to kill people but since DC comics wants to make batman hyper realistic but not enough that we can't analyze his world too much.

It won't stop the fans

The only kid Bruce raised was Dick. Jason died, Tim had a father who raised him, Cass is a weird situation, and Damian is still a work in progress. He also never took in anyone with the sole objective to make them Robin.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-14-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think the problem I'm having is that some of you almost think Bruce is a real person doing all of these things.
    What I'm saying ks that if you're really asking the questiom "are they good fathers" then you have to take Robin into account. You are the one cherry picking what dors and doesn't matter.

Where's the line with negligence? If Robin gets hurt, is it Bruce's fault? If Robin hurts someone is it Bruce's fault? Imagine if instead of becoming Robin he was just a kid driving a car around the city.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    My favorite version of Bruce is Bronze age Batman. Back then, Bruce was great. I believe the original run of BTAS is based on bronze age Bruce while the new adventures, and subsequent shows are post crisis.

To me, Bruce's parenting problems can be summed up by one creator: Frank Miller.

I find it easy to make fun of Bruce now due to the influence of Frank Miller, and the other writers who based their characterization from his work.
    I agree with all of this.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What I'm saying ks that if you're really asking the questiom "are they good fathers" then you have to take Robin into account. You are the one cherry picking what dors and doesn't matter.
    Come on, I was joking there. You take these debates too seriously.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I don't think I am, but ok I guess