View Poll Results: Who Should Get Their Own Title?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • AQUAMAN

31 37.35%
  • The ATOM

22 26.51%
  • BLACK CANARY

24 28.92%
  • ELONGATED MAN

11 13.25%
  • FIRESTORM

20 24.10%
  • GREEN ARROW

31 37.35%
  • HAWKGIRL

20 24.10%
  • HAWKMAN

29 34.94%
  • MARTIAN MANHUNTER

17 20.48%
  • PHANTOM STRANGER

11 13.25%
  • PLASTIC MAN

10 12.05%
  • RED TORNADO

15 18.07%
  • SHAZAM

22 26.51%
  • VIXEN

34 40.96%
  • ZATANNA

33 39.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who Needs More Love & Should Get Their Own Title?

None of these characters currently has their own title. Who would you like to get one?

Right now I pick Black Canary, reason being with both Doomsday Clock and Death Metal you can now really play with her backstory with the JSA and the history with her mother the original Black Canary. I think it would be fun to think about how her mother was a superhero but she didn't want Dinah to be one so she secretly trained with Wildcat. She later developed superpowers, ran away from home and became a sort of vigilante and rock & roll star but now has become a full blown superhero and member of the Justice League. Talk about her relationship with her mother, Ollie, the JSA, and the Justice League maybe even some old Birds of Prey friends for good measure.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Red Tornado needs a grand return! Hopefully, someone will want to write him soon. I'd love a maxi-series. Even a Black Label mini-series would be welcome.

Zatanna solo stories have the potential to be great. I'd love an ongoing.

Vixen deserves the love and I'm hoping something develops for her after Truth and Justice ends.

Hawkgirl has a lot of things going on right now emotionally that could really be explored in an ongoing.

These are all good choices, first off.

I voted Atom, Elongated Man, and Phantom Stranger. I haven’t seen those guys in forever.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I voted the Atom.
    I’ve always considered him as a first tier hero, justice league material.
    Instead DC seems to ignore him most of the time. I’d like to read more about Ray Palmer.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I vote for a lot of them but the one I actually want to buy are Vixen, Zatanna if we also bring her brother, Shazam only if Marvel Jr. is no longer blonde and Hawkgirl only if we're using Snyder's lore because that's my only read of her character so far

I used to watch the Plastic Man cartoon but the DC version seems to be a pervert and annoying

Phantom Stranger I'll consider if they drop the whole Judas Iscariot thing

Martian Manhunter, I need to hear the pitch first. I was interested in New 52 Mr. Biscuit but then lost interest as the plot is getting too grand too quick

Aquaman they need to drop the Throne of Atlantis plot. That's the only plot I knew the past few years, it's always about the Throne. Leave the Throne alone.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-12-2021 at 08:02 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Shazam, Aquaman and Hawkman just had runs and DC killed those off with their own nonsense.

Give Black Canary, Blue Beetle and Firestorm runs.
    "Cable was right!"

Y'know, some of them may not be strong enough to lead their own continuing series.
    However, put some of them as features in, say, Adventure Comics, and they might do better depending on who else is featured.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

All of these characters should have their own monthly features but my top 5 requests are:

Black Canary
    Hawkman
    Shazam
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Shazam only if Marvel Jr. is no longer blonde
    To the utmost, I agree. The classic/original version will always be best...

Zatanna and then everyone else fighting for distant runner-up.

Zatanna if we also bring her brother
    I knew I was out of the Zatanna loop since I didn't real JLD, but there's a brother now?

I may have gone overboard - Aquaman, Black Canary, Elongated Man, Shazam, Vixen, and Zatanna.

Of course, it all depends on execution, characterization and content. And I can hardly deny Aquaman and Green Arrow have had numerous chances (and Shazam more than one). Even Black Canary and Zatanna have had a shot. I don't believe Vixen or Elongated man have.

Vixen's getting some attention right now, so has a shot if it goes well, I think. She's not got a secret identity right now, which is a popular choice, if not my favorite. But if she's a solo, and not a team player, they need to build up a supporting cast of non-heroes. Colleagues and employees could work, but employees can be sometimes be iffy, because of the power-dynamic. A civilian love-interest, maybe.

I don't go for Legacy-BC, but it's indisputably popular, and recently brought back into continuity. Not really into the singer version, either, but it is still canon, right? I do like her with Ollie (well, when he's not a cheating jerk), but if it's truly a solo,that might not be in the cards. Teaming up or hanging out with Barbara occasionally could be fun, but BoP isn't a solo. Really for her, I'd like to see a deeper rogue's gallery developed. Maybe bring back Sin. Flower shop or dojo or some sort of civilian gig would be nice, I think, but I acknowledge the fans in general seem to not care about the civilian side of life for heroes anymore, so it may be bad call. At least explain where the money comes from for her to live.

I'd really love to see some ordinary people around Zatanna. Now, she's been public forever and day. Her stage crew being weirded out by some of the stuff that happens could be fun. I'm more for the superhero aspect, but horror has been a popular genre with her before. Zachary could occasionally guest, since he's family. Old friends like Barry maybe show up once in a blue moon. I do think whatever is done with her, don't make it about her parents. That story has been told over and over again. Theoretically, she could even leave the career (she's often not been very dedicated) of stage magician, if she felt like that separation from what her father used to do would help her define herself more, but I can't see that sticking. It's too much an old standby to totally lose. Money, at least, isn't an issue for her.

I adore old-school, non-doofus Elongated Man. When he was a very talented (if attention-seeking) detective and he and his wife were very much in love. No making him the butt of the jokes or a loser or dummy. Just fun, light-hearted mystery-solving. Bring Sue into heavily. They always catch the bad guy. And are glamours along the way. Phryne Fisher-ish. Or, more Nick and Nora-ish, as they're inspiration, I believe. With less booze. Tommy and Tuppence's first story for the youth? Whatever. But fun dialog and some glamour. Flirtation and sexiness between Ralph and Sue. And success.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-12-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Ray Freaking Palmer! It’s been far to long.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Right now I pick Black Canary, reason being with both Doomsday Clock and Death Metal you can now really play with her backstory with the JSA and the history with her mother the original Black Canary. I think it would be fun to think about how her mother was a superhero but she didn't want Dinah to be one so she secretly trained with Wildcat. She later developed superpowers, ran away from home and became a sort of vigilante and rock & roll star but now has become a full blown superhero and member of the Justice League. Talk about her relationship with her mother, Ollie, the JSA, and the Justice League maybe even some old Birds of Prey friends for good measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I vote for a lot of them but the one I actually want to buy are Vixen, Zatanna if we also bring her brother, Shazam only if Marvel Jr. is no longer blonde and Hawkgirl only if we're using Snyder's lore because that's my only read of her character so far

I used to watch the Plastic Man cartoon but the DC version seems to be a pervert and annoying

Phantom Stranger I'll consider if they drop the whole Judas Iscariot thing

Martian Manhunter, I need to hear the pitch first. I was interested in New 52 Mr. Biscuit but then lost interest as the plot is getting too grand too quick

Aquaman they need to drop the Throne of Atlantis plot. That's the only plot I knew the past few years, it's always about the Throne. Leave the Throne alone.

Stop reading my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I knew I was out of the Zatanna loop since I didn't real JLD, but there's a brother now?
    Unless I missed something (I haven't read the latest JLD), they are probably referring to Zachary who is her cousin.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Aquaman and Green Arrow for me.
    Ollie in particular needs another book ASAP.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.