View Poll Results: Who Should Get Their Own Title?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • AQUAMAN

31 37.35%
  • The ATOM

22 26.51%
  • BLACK CANARY

24 28.92%
  • ELONGATED MAN

11 13.25%
  • FIRESTORM

20 24.10%
  • GREEN ARROW

31 37.35%
  • HAWKGIRL

20 24.10%
  • HAWKMAN

29 34.94%
  • MARTIAN MANHUNTER

17 20.48%
  • PHANTOM STRANGER

11 13.25%
  • PLASTIC MAN

10 12.05%
  • RED TORNADO

15 18.07%
  • SHAZAM

22 26.51%
  • VIXEN

34 40.96%
  • ZATANNA

33 39.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Aquaman and Hawkman

Green Arrow is the leader of the Justice League, just had an eight year run on TV, and he doesn't have a solo book? Likewise movie stars Shazam and Aquaman? Seriously, those three need their own books. Shazam is being used rather inappropriately in Teen Titans Academy. Why would he go to a superhero school if everyone thinks he's an adult and not a teenager?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Green Arrow is the leader of the Justice League, just had an eight year run on TV, and he doesn't have a solo book? Likewise movie stars Shazam and Aquaman? Seriously, those three need their own books.
    I really don't think movie or show success translates to book success these days. Indeed, they already tried making GA more like the show once, but it didn't fly. I'd love to see a successful GA, but I wouldn't want it to be like the show. I'd also want a non-jerkish, non-cheating, Ollie, an Ollie who's a good man. I'm not into grimdark titles, and I really do like older school Ollie, but unfortunately think the douche version is more popular.

Shazam is being used rather inappropriately in Teen Titans Academy. Why would he go to a superhero school if everyone thinks he's an adult and not a teenager?
    Well, I certainly agree with that (though I haven't read the book).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-12-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

At this point almost all the titles are Batman or Superman related so legit anything else would be nice!

Aquaman and Shazam, 100%. They need a lot more love. I'd like to see Zatanna and Hawkman get books too though.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-12-2021 at 04:57 PM.

BANNED

Definitely Aquaman for me, honestly don’t see anything but Aquaman, Green Arrow, and maybe Hawkman getting anything but miniseries numbers

Give Hawkman a book! And give it to Venditti and Pasarin.
    Or just have Hawkman front and center on a JSA book. And give it to Venditti and Pasarin.

Aquaman is one of DC's best books since the New 52, so bring it back, just give it to Johns and force him to write Rise of the Seven Seas.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Aquaman is one of DC's best books since the New 52, so bring it back, just give it to Johns and force him to write Rise of the Seven Seas.
    Oh man I'd love another lengthy run by Johns, I'd even settle for mini.

All-New Member

I voted for Red Tornado because even though I love most of these characters and want to see them all get books, I feel like Red Tornado hasn't gotten ANY exposure in the comics at least since the launch of the New 52 in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by drbiii View Post
    I voted for Red Tornado because even though I love most of these characters and want to see them all get books, I feel like Red Tornado hasn't gotten ANY exposure in the comics at least since the launch of the New 52 in 2011
    Sadly true. I'd like to see Kathy and Traya...and maybe vary it up by not having Traya superhero.

Mighty Member

Green Arrow of course....but rest the title until an all star writer is available.

Black Canary and Zatanna.... but they seemed confined as heads of BOP and JLD

Red Tornado he hasn't had many runs for a former mainstay of the JLA

I would like to see Zatanna get her own series as a mentor to Misty Kilgore and/or Tim Hunter. Throw in Yellow Peri as a third student and Constantine as a occasional guest star, and we’ve got the makings of an interesting series that could serve as a good introduction/guide to the magic side of the DCU.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh man I'd love another lengthy run by Johns, I'd even settle for mini.
    Well Johns once planned to write Aquaman for 100 issues - instead thanks to Didio it ended at 25issues. But I doubt he will return.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, some of them may not be strong enough to lead their own continuing series.
    However, put some of them as features in, say, Adventure Comics, and they might do better depending on who else is featured.
    I was thinking something similar. However (love the old anthology titles as I do), these days, it might be better to put them in the JL and launch a Justice League Spotlight type title to carry that water.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I was thinking something similar. However (love the old anthology titles as I do), these days, it might be better to put them in the JL and launch a Justice League Spotlight type title to carry that water.
    Yeah, an anthology series with the Justice League name would do a lot better than just a regular anthology.
    Maybe even have a 12-page Justice League story in each issue to bring in regular readers.

Actually, imagine a new JL team with the Trinity and three characters that don’t have their own titles. Then have three backup stories in each issue, one for each of the other members.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Well Johns once planned to write Aquaman for 100 issues - instead thanks to Didio it ended at 25issues. But I doubt he will return.
    Sad to hear that, MarFarr. I would've liked to have seen more of the Johns/Reis version of Aquaman

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-12-2021 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.