Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looney Tunes for me. I want to see if Sylvester is going to eat Tweety.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm not a big fan of the direction DC seems to be going in. So freaking tired of Jon Kent! 2 more human GLs (3 if you count Tai Pham). Titans Academy is a huge wasted opportunity. It seems they just keep creating new and forgettable characters instead of utilizing the underappreciated ones they already have.

The only thing that looks interested is Yang's Superman/Batman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really only keeping track of Wonder Woman for sure. May keep tabs on Batman/Superman, GL and Swamp Thing and check out the trades if they get good buzz. Ditto Superman and Action even if I'm REALLY not thrilled with the Jon situation.

Overall, nothing that's getting me excited beyond maybe WW. DC's future is looking kind of dull.

Stuff I’ll be reading on DCUniverse...

The Batman and Scooby-Doo Mysteries #2
    Justice League #61 -for Justice League Dark only
    The Swamp Thing #3
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the direction DC seems to be going in. So freaking tired of Jon Kent! 2 more human GLs (3 if you count Tai Pham). Titans Academy is a huge wasted opportunity. It seems they just keep creating new and forgettable characters instead of utilizing the underappreciated ones they already have.

The only thing that looks interested is Yang's Superman/Batman
    It's like they can't help themselves when it comes to Earth GL's .

Regular series I’m probably reading:

Green Lantern #2
    Teen Titans Academy #3
    Suicide Squad #3
    Wondergirl #1
    Robin #2
    Flash #770

Possibly: Superman, Action Comics, The Swamp Thing

Digital series:
    Next Batman: Second Son
    Milestone Returns
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Geoff Johns has a surprising amount of material in these solicits.

I'm tempted by the Batman/Scooby-Doo mini.

I wonder if someone at DC will fix the "Outsideers" typo on the cover of Batman: Urban Legends #3 before it goes to print. Shhh ... don't tell them!

Suicide squad and Titans Academy for sure, gotta get that speedster for the squad, and we have to have Conner break away his Titans/YJ somehow, this is where it happens, going full squady after that
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like they can't help themselves when it comes to Earth GL's .
    I wonder if it is same reasoning as Tynion now adding bunch of new character to his Batman book? Maybe my new Lantern will get used in some adaptation and I'll get something for it?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wonder if it is same reasoning as Tynion now adding bunch of new character to his Batman book? Maybe my new Lantern will get used in some adaptation and I'll get something for it?
    Everyone wants to be represented but new characters rarely succeed in the current market. So the solution is to farm out the big brand to underrepresented groups. Marvel at least has the advantage of the MCU elevating any character that appears there be they a traditional A-Lister or not, but DC doesn’t have that luxury unfortunately.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Just the Flash for me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

So MANY titles now $5, even $6; just too pricey for me. And the rest, just don't thrill me the way they did. The only thing I guess I'm getting will be the (equally pricey) Milestone intro, because I was a big Milestone fan once upon a big bang.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Fantastic Member

Pricey titles, unexciting new faces, the favoritism of the new characters for the sake of hungry creators who want to hit the jackpot with the potential future royalties, no Legion, no JSA, no Atom, no this, no that, and Batman Batman Batman...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Pricey titles, unexciting new faces, the favoritism of the new characters for the sake of hungry creators who want to hit the jackpot with the potential future royalties, no Legion, no JSA, no Atom, no this, no that, and Batman Batman Batman...
    Atom is in the Festival of Heroes one-shot.

While there’s no JSA title yet, Stargirl gets a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Everyone wants to be represented but new characters rarely succeed in the current market. So the solution is to farm out the big brand to underrepresented groups. Marvel at least has the advantage of the MCU elevating any character that appears there be they a traditional A-Lister or not, but DC doesn’t have that luxury unfortunately.
    I think the closest equivalent was when they were introducing so many new Spider-People as part of expanding their biggest franchise, but the only ones who get consistently promoted other than Peter are Miles and Gwen.