Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm guessing they've decided that Green Lantern Legacy is not an AU (I suppose the events of Death Metal could've folded it into the main universe). Tai actually cameoed - alongside Jo Mullein and Teen Lantern - in the latest issue of The Green Lantern Season Two.
    Ah, good to know. I don't read Green Lantern Season Two so I missed that.

Still kind of cool to see him incorporated.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Anyway, getting:
    Wonder Girl #1
    MILESTONE RETURNS: INFINITE EDITION #0
    BATMAN: THE DETECTIVE #2
    BATMAN/SUPERMAN #18
    CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER SONS #2
    NIGHTWING #80
    ROBIN #2
    STRANGE ADVENTURES #10

Might pick up later if it gets great reviews:
    Mister Miracle #1
    STARGIRL SPRING BREAK SPECIAL #1

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Ah, good to know. I don't read Green Lantern Season Two so I missed that.

Still kind of cool to see him incorporated.
    Neither do I, the page was posted on Reddit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There are like 10 Earth Lanterns and they're all from the US, even the more diverse additions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    There are like 10 Earth Lanterns and they're all from the US, even the more diverse additions.
    Teen Lantern Keli isn’t.

Well lets see, I am interested in

Mister Miracle: Shilo Norman's a character with a lot of potential.
    Milestone Returns: Looks pretty interesting.
    Festival of Heroes: I think I'm one of ten people who remembers O.M.A.C., Im happy to see him again, as well as Kenan Kong, I didn't think I'd see him again after Jon got aged up and Connor came back. Even if it's only for a one-shot.
    Green Lantern: Looks fun, I hope I like it.
    Maybe the superman books but that's about it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol Teen Titans x Suicide Squad already.

So it's those two, Action/Superman, Bats&Supes and maybe Robin.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Teen Lantern Keli isn’t.
    That's right, but she also wasn't chosen as a GL. Which supports the bizarre narrative that only people from the US have enough willpower to be a GL. Lol

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I actually have been off of DC for a while now. Going to finally try and jump back in with this New Frontier initiative.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

A lot of stuff happening this month. A ton more Batman but surprisingly I'm still not picking up a lot of Batman.

I'm getting.

Definitely-

Action Comics #1031
    Superman #31 - Sounds like good old Superman adventures and that variant cover is really nice. Would rather Clark didn't have to share space with Jon but at least he hasn't taken over the whole book (yet).
    Batman/Superman #18
    Nightwing #80
    Flash #770 - Great to see Jay. Even though it's really Wally in his body.
    Justice League #61
    Swamp Thing #3
    Suicide Squad #3
    Superman Red and Blue #3 - Great variant cover.
    Wonder Girl #1
    Stargirl Spring Break Special - I'll take anything Geoff Johns. It's also nice to see more obscure characters like the Seven soldiers.

Maybe-

Batman:The Detective#2 - I'll probably pick up the 1st issue but not sure if I'll stick around.
    Robin #2 - Can't stand Damian but I like Williamson so I might pick up the first issue and maybe this one.
    DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: THE ASIAN SUPERHERO CELEBRATION #1 - Sounds pretty cool. Only one I'm really interested in is Cass/batgirl though.
    Justice League Last Ride#1 - I like Zdarsky but not really interested in another depressing future story.

Other thoughts: Nice to see Huntress prominent in Detective. Wonder Woman sounds kind of cool with her in the Norse Mythology world.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Thoughts:

- I don't really have anything against Shiloh but I'm not sure how I feel about him being treated as the Mister Miracle.

- So will Future State anthologies be the future (heh) of that line of comics? Or is Gotham, of course, the exception? Not like we don't already have enough Batman anthology books.

- Nice to see Milestone back, hopefully for good this time .

- I'm all in for a showcase of all DC's Asian heroes !

- I'll definitely pick up the return of Stargirl, STRIPE, and the Seven Soldiers...just tell me where the JSA is.

- Justice League: Last Ride has the Trinity on the cover but only Batman and Superman are mentioned in the solicit. Typical.

- I'm still not sure how to feel about the "I am not Starfire" book.

- Did they basically spoil that Joker is behind the phantoms in the Batcave on that cover "Scooby-Doo and Batman Mysteries" cover?

- A villain named Auteur.io versus the film versions of Batman and Superman? I see what Yang did there.

- The Super Sons and Wonder Woman? This should be interesting.

- "On Earth-3, are Starros friends or foes?" I guess on Earth-3, it can get murky...

- I don't mind the new Huntress costume, but the exposed bellybutton only seems to be there to match the movie look.

- Wally travels through time and becomes Jay during WWII? Curious to see who the "friends" trying to bring him back are.

- How many GL's can we fit on one cover? And is that Sinestro? I wonder if the dead Guardian is a "name" (although other than Ganthet, no one really cares that much about the Guardians).

- Harley has an Arkham support group? Does that mean she's in Arkham again? I'm surprised they haven't done more with her and Hugo Strange.

- "A-Day" - This is not the Avengers game? And hasn't Orca been to Arkham before, or am I forgetting?

- Batwing vs Ratcatcher? That seems pretty onesided unless Ratcatcher has gotten a major upgrade.

- Damian's fighting Flatline (let the shipping commence) and Dick is fighting Heartless.

- Titans and Suicide Squad crossing over so soon? How many dead Titans are we going to get?

- Now there are two Poison Ivy's? Will they both crush on Swamp Thing?

- One thing I can say about Truth & Justice is it's been pretty good as far as variety in terms of the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Justice League: Last Ride has the Trinity on the cover but only Batman and Superman are mentioned in the solicit. Typical.
    Lol, yeah. Noticed that too, I'm already betting whatever broke up the League is gonna be blamed on her also.

Likely to get
    * Stargirl Spring Break Special #1
    * Batman & Scooby-Doo! Mysteries #2 <written by SHOLLY FISCH>
    Don't know if I'll try anything else.

The only thing of interest to me:
    FOURTH WORLD BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC

STARGIRL SPRING BREAK SPECIAL #1 (I wasn't going to, but the 7SV content convinced me.)
    BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #6 (A nice variety of creators and a diverse look at Batman without worrying about a plethora of tie-ins.)
    THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #4 (Interesting. I look forward to reading this as a whole.)
    RORSCHACH #8 (Tom King seems made for twelve issue minis.)
    STRANGE ADVENTURES #10 (This 12 series has hit double digits. I'm assuming this is the third King/Gerads series that were linked together.