Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

She looks the part .

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hahaha, this is who I think of when I hear that name.

Is Bendis so lazy in his old age he can't think of a new superhero moniker for his latest ripoff so he uses a common name instead?
    There was also "Drake" as Tim's "new" moniker.

Astonishing Member

Ava DuVernay attached to the show makes me interested. But, CW is going to have to come off some of that HBO Max money for visual effects. Same thing I said about Titans continuing. You can tell the storylines are effected by the budgets, i.e. Beast Boy. Naomi being an original character and not much history should leave lots of room to create and pave their own way. They aren't limited by decades of lore for fans to be mad about if they don't do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    So they're recreating the first comic cover...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Naomi is an original character from the guy who gave us Miles Morales. Sounds more interesting than Brazilian WW already.
    I like Miles but lets not act like his creation was some divine vision giving to Bendis. He is at his core a Spider-Man knock off. A popular knock off, but still a knock off just the same. It is not hard to make a knock off of one of the most popular characters in comic history and make it popular, especially if you do the race/gender switch when you create them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I like Miles but lets not act like his creation was some divine vision giving to Bendis. He is at his core a Spider-Man knock off. A popular knock off, but still a knock off just the same. It is not hard to make a knock off of one of the most popular characters in comic history and make it popular, especially if you do the race/gender switch when you create them.
    While I adore Miles, you are basically correct. The same applies to Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider (in a bit broader terms but she is still essentially a Spider-Man replica).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

I thought this was WWE Naomi...

Astonishing Member

Ava DuVernay attached to the show makes me interested. But, CW is going to have to come off some of that HBO Max money for visual effects. Same thing I said about Titans continuing. You can tell the storylines are effected by the budgets, i.e. Beast Boy. Naomi being an original character and not much history should leave lots of room to create and pave their own way. They aren't limited by decades of lore for fans to be mad about if they don't do.
    Supposedly "Star Girl" and "Titans" had the same budget for special effects, which is crazy to me considering Star Girl looked so much better. But supposedly this is something that is slowly going to be fixed for the various HBO Max series now that they are better about doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Supposedly "Star Girl" and "Titans" had the same budget for special effects, which is crazy to me considering Star Girl looked so much better. But supposedly this is something that is slowly going to be fixed for the various HBO Max series now that they are better about doing things.
    Budgets are one thing. It could also be effects houses. Maybe Stargirl got the Coke of good effects houses, and Titans got.. what, RC Cola?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'd watch that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'd watch that
    Hey why not? With the right script and setting she might surprise ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hahaha, nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If they hadn't played the race angle I don't think he'd even be around anymore.