Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

The tension was really good in this episode, but I hope Naomi isn't one of those characters with vague abilities who can pull out a new random power to get herself out of any situation.

Glad she told Nathan. If her two goofball friends know about her, he has a right to.

Mighty Member

Shocking revelation about Naomi's adoptive parents.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've never read the Brian Bendis comics of her so allowed this show to speak on it's own.
    Clearly Naomi is a massive riff/rip on Superman and Bendis incorporated her adoration of Superman as a way to tell the reader "yeah, I know I did, just go with it".

Imagine if you found out Ma/Pa Kent were actually rebel fighters who had killed Lara and Jor-El.
    Earth-29 is at least still there but it's a wasteland, Krypton blew up
    Both were sent/taken from their birth parents
    Both learned and grew into their powers during adolescences.
    Flight, super speed, x-ray vision...she is all but another Supergirl/Power Girl really.

I get it there are few unique ideas left and this could be said in part about other characters: Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter or Lobo even to stretch it. Still.

Still don't buy the Annabelle catch phrase for her bestie of "Babe" feels super forced. Seems the writes are trying too hard.
    Our "inner circle" has to be all super inclusive....in a small town. Jock, Nerd, Lesbian, Outsider, Chunky best friend and of course our star, the Cool Kid. So cool she can run for school office and win.

I'm much more interested in Zumbado's story as an exiled/fleeing Thanagarian. Much more interested in specifics on what happened to Earth-29 and why there were warring factions.

If the show doesn't come back I won't be sad. I've yet to hear if it is going to be picked up like Flash and S&L were already announced along with the cancellations of BW and LoT.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Clearly Naomi is a massive riff/rip on Superman and Bendis incorporated her adoration of Superman as a way to tell the reader "yeah, I know I did, just go with it".
    Bendis has a funny trick where he makes characters that are pale imitations of other existing characters and then makes them minorities. That way, if you say you don't like them, you're sexist or racist or whatever. Since nobody wants to be accused of that his bad idea characters never get the real criticism they deserve.

Naomi cancelled, no season 2.

Sorry for fans of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

I didn't watch it, but I'm sorry to see it go for the people who did.

At this point, I'm fully expecting Stargirl to get the axe after Season 3 airs. Flash will probably be ending next season. I don't even think Superman and Lois will be safe after next season- with the impending sale and the rumor that the potential new owners don't want so many (if any) scripted shows, I'm sure they will be cleaning house even more in the months to come.

That said, I had no idea that the Charmed and Roswell reboots were even still on the air.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

The CW is opening up opportunities for me to explore other shows in my backlogged pile of shows.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

At this point, I'm fully expecting Stargirl to get the axe after Season 3 airs. Flash will probably be ending next season. I don't even think Superman and Lois will be safe after next season- with the impending sale and the rumor that the potential new owners don't want so many (if any) scripted shows, I'm sure they will be cleaning house even more in the months to come.

That said, I had no idea that the Charmed and Roswell reboots were even still on the air.
    Flash is seemingly only going to be like 15 eps, so I'm sure (and hoping) next season is the last. And I can see em canning the other couple shows and putting the official kibosh on the Arrowverse for good.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I see S&L getting moved over to HBOMAX but the rest are probably done for. Which is a shame. I liked Stargirl. I hope it doesn't get cancelled but even if it does, I don't see it airing on CW.
    Assassinate Putin!

I love the Stargirl show, but I will be surprised if it gets a fourth season on CW.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    I love the Stargirl show, but I will be surprised if it gets a fourth season on CW.
    That show seems on the expensive side. I don't think the cost exceeds the benefit on keeping it on CW (whether bought or not). HBO Max hasn't really overly committed to producing new DC shows. I know they have a few projects coming, but they don't seem to have a plan like Disney/Marvel.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Dang, this could have been an answer to Disney's Ms. Marvel.

I just wish it had a bigger budget.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I was surprised the Dynasty and Charmed reboots lasted so long. Both those shows have zero buzz and behind the scenes drama.

So is the arrowverse pretty much over after flash and superman end or do they have more show's pland?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So is the arrowverse pretty much over after flash and superman end or do they have more show's pland?
    Justice U with John Diggle was planned but most likely will never happen now.