Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default "Naomi" at the CW

While Wonder Girl is getting axed, see the respective thread, the CW did order a Pilot for "Naomi"

https://batman-news.com/2021/02/10/n...nay-at-the-cw/

Thumbs up

Life is so unfair.

The series of the character I'm interested in (Yara) would get the ax.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I don't see it getting picked up.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Mighty Member

Never heard of it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The Arrow finale was setting up a Green Arrow and the Canaries spin-off that never materialized. It sounds like these shows never seem to get past the drawing board phase. I wonder if AT&T is getting gun shy about series that might not be a guaranteed success. Superman is one thing but a character that was created a year ago is something else.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    While Wonder Girl is getting axed, see the respective thread, the CW did order a Pilot for "Naomi"

https://batman-news.com/2021/02/10/n...nay-at-the-cw/
    Who the F*** is Naomi?

Their recent decisions are baffling me. They don't recast Kate Kane; instead they create a new character that is now appearing in Future Slate. They don't go forward with Wonder Girl, who may be a new character, but has name recognition and is an ethnically diverse character; instead they greenlight a project for a character no one's ever heard of and who doesn't even have a single comic out yet. I almost get them not going forward with Green Arrow and the Canaries; but instead they go forward with a live action, 20-something Power Puff Girls that sounds TERRIBLE. And they cancel Black Lightning; but they are developing a spin-off for... Painkiller?! Well, at least it wasn't a spin off for Tobias Whale.

And meanwhile, all I can think of is how they passed on Supergirl the first time, and immediately regretted it. Which, if Wonder Girl is picked up somewhere else (and I hope it is; it may not be the Wonder Girl I grew up reading, but I am interested in learning about this new character), I have a feeling they will be feeling the the same regrets.

Oh, I agree. All in all, I think this has been by far the worst year for the Arrowverse so far, and it hasn't even really begun yet.

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for the verse, Supermain & Lois or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Who the F*** is Naomi?

Their recent decisions are baffling me. They don't recast Kate Kane; instead they create a new character that is now appearing in Future Slate. They don't go forward with Wonder Girl, who may be a new character, but has name recognition and is an ethnically diverse character; instead they greenlight a project for a character no one's ever heard of and who doesn't even have a single comic out yet. I almost get them not going forward with Green Arrow and the Canaries; but instead they go forward with a live action, 20-something Power Puff Girls that sounds TERRIBLE. And they cancel Black Lightning; but they are developing a spin-off for... Painkiller?! Well, at least it wasn't a spin off for Tobias Whale.

And meanwhile, all I can think of is how they passed on Supergirl the first time, and immediately regretted it. Which, if Wonder Girl is picked up somewhere else (and I hope it is; it may not be the Wonder Girl I grew up reading, but I am interested in learning about this new character), I have a feeling they will be feeling the the same regrets.
    The Naomi mini-series sold really well at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Who the F*** is Naomi?.....
    IMO, basically, an uninteresting rip-off of Carol Danvers Captain Marvel especially in terms of power set created by the not so great anymore Bendis, which is only fair I suppose when you consider some people think Carol (more so her earliest interpretation) is a ripoff of Supergirl....
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-13-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Naomi mini-series sold really well at least.
    What was it about?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What was it about?
    DC's lame-ass answer to Carol Danvers Captain Marvel but with a hip young spin yo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    DC's lame-ass answer to Carol Danvers Captain Marvel but with a hip young spin yo.
    And teen angst, I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    And teen angst, I'm sure
    You know it we're talking about a CW show such is a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    She looks kinda cool at least...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    She looks kinda cool at least...
    Granted, but beyond design, there isn't much original about her if you look closely. But, hey, if you like her be my guest. We all enjoy different things.