Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Like Naomi's adoptive parents.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why did I leave the chanel on? Hawkman? They don't know Superman is real? What universe are we in.
    This is bad in every way Star Girl is good.
    I'm liking the show so far, but I totally agree with you in regard to Superman. People know about him, but he's not real (except he is real!)
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm guessing there will be a twist to this. Maybe an Amnesia Spell or something like that.

Also, the Promo for next episode implies Naomi might tell her parents right away. I hope she will, hate the whole Secret Identity shtick.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why did I leave the chanel on? Hawkman? They don't know Superman is real? What universe are we in.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm liking the show so far, but I totally agree with you in regard to Superman. People know about him, but he's not real (except he is real!)
    This takes place in a parallel Earth where Superman is seen as being fictional; nothing DC hasn't done before.

We know from Stargirl that the multiverse still exists after Crisis, though the heroes of Earth 1 don't realize it. The Superman we see here probably comes from another one.

The whole fictional Superman thing is an interesting way for the story to stay true to the source while still doing it's own thing on the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    This takes place in a parallel Earth where Superman is seen as being fictional; nothing DC hasn't done before.
    Hawkman said Superman existed in the last episode, but he never mentioned anything about the Multiverse. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounded like he did exist on that Earth.

Hawkman said Superman existed in the last episode, but he never mentioned anything about the Multiverse. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounded like he did exist on that Earth.
    Dee the Thanagarian, if we're being precise. He's not actually Hawkman .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dee the Thanagarian, if we're being precise. He's not actually Hawkman .
    I know, but I forgot the character's name and was too lazy to Google it.

So Thanagar exists but Superman may or may not? Is Superman supposed to be like Zeus and that's why they mentioned him a few times? Somehow an urban legend but actually real?

Lol yeah the Zeus thing was kinda cringy. Could've taken a more humble character to act as a role model and comparison to Naomi, than a pompous, self-righteous rapist.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

After Crisis on Infinite Earths, all the previous Arrowverse shows that had taken place on their own Earths were consolidated onto the same Earth as the Flash, Arrow and Batwoman. The heroes believed that this meant that the multiverse no longer existed, but as the ending scenes of Crisis, Stargirl and this show prove, the multiverse still exists.

This show seemingly takes place on one of the new parallel Earths, where superheroes are are said to be fictional, but actually exist on another parallel Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So Thanagar exists but Superman may or may not? Is Superman supposed to be like Zeus and that's why they mentioned him a few times? Somehow an urban legend but actually real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Lol yeah the Zeus thing was kinda cringy. Could've taken a more humble character to act as a role model and comparison to Naomi, than a pompous, self-righteous rapist.
    Read above. The Zeus thing was just a way for Naomi and Annabelle to have a stealth argument in front of Nathan without mentioning the alien thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    While Wonder Girl is getting axed, see the respective thread, the CW did order a Pilot for "Naomi"

https://batman-news.com/2021/02/10/n...nay-at-the-cw/
    I'm 1000% convinced it's going to be a smashing, break-away hit. Bigger than Batwoman!

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    After Crisis on Infinite Earths, all the previous Arrowverse shows that had taken place on their own Earths were consolidated onto the same Earth as the Flash, Arrow and Batwoman. The heroes believed that this meant that the multiverse no longer existed, but as the ending scenes of Crisis, Stargirl and this show prove, the multiverse still exists.

This show seemingly takes place on one of the new parallel Earths, where superheroes are are said to be fictional, but actually exist on another parallel Earth.
    I understand that, but it sounded like Dee the Thanagarian was saying Superman did exist on Naomi's Earth, but is thought to be inexplicably fictional.

I understand that, but it sounded like Dee the Thanagarian was saying Superman did exist on Naomi's Earth, but is thought to be inexplicably fictional.
    Maybe there's no Lois Lane on this world. Or there is one, but on this world, she's a comic book writer instead of a reporter, hence people know of Superman, know things like he's adopted, but think he's not real... who knows? I doubt they'll really get that into it.

Either way, I'm liking the show so far. It's got the uber hip young lineup of cool but relatable misfits / Scooby Gang, a building mystery or two, a likable lead. It feels more like S&L than Supergirl or Flash, which is a good thing. Maybe it's all the location shooting that isn't just dark alleys and factories and that one street in Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe there's no Lois Lane on this world. Or there is one, but on this world, she's a comic book writer instead of a reporter, hence people know of Superman, know things like he's adopted, but think he's not real... who knows? I doubt they'll really get that into it.
    That's plausible, but it wouldn't be plausible that nobody knew someone or something super-powered was handling things around the world (unless Superman was handling very small-potato stuff). At any rate, I suspect you're right that the showrunners will avoid the matter for their own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I'm 1000% convinced it's going to be a smashing, break-away hit. Bigger than Batwoman!

Can't wait!
    Dare to defy.