Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Was that military guy supposed to be Sarge Steel or did I mishear?

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    Read above. The Zeus thing was just a way for Naomi and Annabelle to have a stealth argument in front of Nathan without mentioning the alien thing.
    I was trying to draw a parallel. In the DC Universe, the public at large thinks that Zeus was just a myth but we readers know for a fact that he's real. I'm wondering if somehow Superman became more of a mythical being/urban legend who people have only caught glimpses of and there have been comic books and movies about him but no one actually thinks he's real (even though he is).

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe there's no Lois Lane on this world. Or there is one, but on this world, she's a comic book writer instead of a reporter, hence people know of Superman, know things like he's adopted, but think he's not real... who knows? I doubt they'll really get that into it.
    Yeah, it might be something like unproven reports of Superman were just turned into works of fiction.

Don't feed the troll.

EDIT: Also, with the look that Naomi's father had on his face after she asked her parents about her heritage, maybe he knows more than he lets on.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-20-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

TVLine talks with Barry Watson(Naomi's Dad).

https://tvline.com/2022/01/18/naomi-...y-watson-greg/

Astonishing Member

Well, watched the second episode and I hope it does well and keeps people employed. However, it is not for me as the premise of OMG - there are aliens, Superman stunts is too stupid a plot for me. Second, the combo of teenage angst, a pseudo-Scoobie team, sexual discovery, nerd and duff (an old stupid term) friends is so cliche ridden to turn me off.

The acting is rather shallow also, not on the level of the best Arrowverse shows but the worst.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was trying to draw a parallel. In the DC Universe, the public at large thinks that Zeus was just a myth but we readers know for a fact that he's real. I'm wondering if somehow Superman became more of a mythical being/urban legend who people have only caught glimpses of and there have been comic books and movies about him but no one actually thinks he's real (even though he is).
    I suppose that's possible, but based on the source material and the network and shard universe it's a part of, I doubt it.

Mighty Member

Poor Naomi's life is being torn apart.

Well, it was inevitable. Good thing her parents came clean. Now **** is gonna hit the fan for sure.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Nice seeing Adam Blake aka CAPTAIN COMET in Live-Action.

WhoCaptainComet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    That was pretty crazy. So maybe space-based characters are real but others are fictional? They just established Zatanna as a comic book character.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was pretty crazy. So maybe space-based characters are real but others are fictional? They just established Zatanna as a comic book character.
    This is reminding me even more of Pre-Crisis Black Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    OOooohhh, I didn't know that's who that was. He didn't seem very "Captain Comet-y." I also thought the actor wasn't very good.

Mighty Member

Great Bounty Hunter scene.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Great Bounty Hunter scene.
    Liked that one too. Simple, but you felt the impact. Other than that, an okay episode I guess, not that much happening. Except for Naomi kissing Nathan....yeah, dunno, I like Anthony better.

Good thing there isn't any huge drama with her parents though.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Good thing there isn't any huge drama with her parents though.
    Unlike most characters in these type of shows, Naomi actually put herself in the shoes of her parents. Instead of whining about keeping secrets, she actually responded maturely. Bravo!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got to watch the opening 4 episodes of Naomi these past few days.
    My initial hot take is this is a very slow burn. This is one of those 10% of comic shows(The Boys, Invincible, Locke&Key to name a few) that I've never read the book so it can impress me or not based on its on merits. So far I'm not largely impressed. I don't know if I'm suppossed to know who the Thanagar mentor is or if he is a character exclusive to the Naomi origin book cause I don't.
    Now, what got me was Adam Blake. I'm not going to lie, I had to do some memory recall. Last story I read with him was the Mystery in Space some 10yrs ago but I digress. Captain Comet, great concept I'm not attached to the actor but I hope he didn't die in that raid.

So, Earth-29, that doesn't mean specifically much to me. I know DC has a multi-verse, it is all over The Flash and a 'Dark Crisis' is coming in the books this summer. Yeah!

The Scooby gang thing is a bit much this early. I could totally buy this once we are into season 2. The circle is just too big, too soon. When BtVS did it it was just the trio+Giles for that first season or two. Feels they rushed this aspect and I just don't buy it as well.
    Four episode in and my early prize for least interesting and most annoying character goes to: ANNABELLE
    What the hell is up with her overuse of the word Babe when talking to Naomi. That also just feels....fake, forced, (fill-in-the-blank)

The more obvious comparison might be to use Stargirl since both are teen heroes in a H.S. setting. I didn't go through all the pages since the debut. I'm going to finish season one I just hope the pacing picks up.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime