Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Very unpleasant camping experience for Naomi.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Episode 5 of Naomi coming back from Olympic break was decent.

Of the episodes there was more going on with Naomi in terms of feeling "real" than the other 4 episodes for me. The material with her and Nathan felt like organic moments. I like that he insisted to know "why" before going back in for version 2 of a relationship. Anthony also seemed to understand if also show he's not giving up on being out of the friend zone.
    If the writers would just drop Annabelle from calling Naomi "babe" that would help. Cause that doesn't even feel natural with those characters, it feels forced.

It felt like Major McDuffie was skating on thin ice did it not? The General is on to him. Giving him enough proverbial rope. Where is that going to lead us.

This is the first mention of Adam Blake since the episode 3 raid where we were not sure what happened to him, right? So Captain Comet is in possession of the bounty hunter which means Blake is presumably unharmed himself and alright.

Is this also the first time we find out that Dee is a Thanagarian outlaw? I don't recall that being dropped before.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah, it was an okay episode. Though I really would've liked to know more about that Counselor and what exactly that material is. Guess it'll come up later again.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

EW article/Interview with the Show Runners and Comic Book Creators.

https://ew.com/tv/naomi-roundtable-d...r-blankenship/

Mighty Member

That was another close call for Naomi.

Is Dr. Bell a comic book character?

Nice episode, picked up a bit of speed.

So Naomi, is in a world where Starlabs is evil. And what's really Superman's status, is he a fictional character or a real person in this universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    So Naomi, is in a world where Starlabs is evil. And what's really Superman's status, is he a fictional character or a real person in this universe?
    Taking Dee, our Thanagarian, at his word, Superman is real and he's met him if not worked alongside him for some situation. Also, there is that footage of the episode 1 incident in the town square.
    Plus all the talk about just how many alien worlds are out there. This episode we got yet again another alien bar, ala Supergirl, so yeah Superman is real he's jut not yet had reason to be involved with the McDuffie's.

Things are picking up, I feel like, and I really want to know what happened with Naomi's Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Taking Dee, our Thanagarian, at his word, Superman is real and he's met him if not worked alongside him for some situation. Also, there is that footage of the episode 1 incident in the town square.
    Plus all the talk about just how many alien worlds are out there. This episode we got yet again another alien bar, ala Supergirl, so yeah Superman is real he's jut not yet had reason to be involved with the McDuffie's.
    Didn't the folks in town square think they were just filming a Superman movie? I think this all raises the question of what Superman comics are like if he's actually real.

^^^^^
    Filming a movie with what.....multiple iPhones? That "publicity stunt" or movie filming makes me really think/feel the common folk on this Earth are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Ever seen footage of what filming on location is like? Even scaled down? Lots of moving pieces with visible equipment. I chuckle each time some character udders...were they filming a publicity piece or was it real?

Mighty Member

Naomi's going to save the world.

Gee, for being trapped in a building full of people wanting to kill them, Naomi and Zumbado surely stopped by to chat a lot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Gee, for being trapped in a building full of people wanting to kill them, Naomi and Zumbado surely stopped by to chat a lot.
    Yeah, the episode's formula of "stop, flashback, alarm, keep going" got old fast.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That was the biggest part of the episode that irritated me. When he said "we have 30min" till the next release I thought: Ok so the last half of the episode can focus on something/anything else.
    Nope. We aren't in that big a hurry to flee the building afterall.

One of the better episodes, but maybe because it was more lore-heavy and Naomi's boyfriends weren't in it.

I was starting to think Zumbado was actually going to tell Naomi that he's her father. He can deny that he's a used car salesman all he wants, and sure, that's not all he is, but he still sells used cars. He has been running that business for years.