Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So is the arrowverse pretty much over after flash and superman end or do they have more show's pland?
    Pretty much.
    They did just announce a series order for Gotham Knights, which is called "Batman Adjacent" in the article I read. However, I'd call it an Elseworlds Batman show but with the multiverse it would technically still be an Arrowverse set show.

But the Arrowverse is dying.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Dang, this could have been an answer to Disney's Ms. Marvel.
    Ironheart as well or more like her since she is getting a mcu marvel series as well and originally was created by brian michael bendis, and artist mike deodato.

Ironheart (character)
    Ironheart (Riri Williams) is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created in 2016 by writers Brian Michael Bendis, and artist Mike Deodato, and later redesigned by Eve Ewing and Kevin Libranda.
    Dominique Thorne is set to portray Williams in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She is set to debut in the film Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022) before appearing on the streaming television series Ironheart, which is currently in development for Disney+.

Naomi McDuffie
    Naomi McDuffie is a fictional superhero appearing in comic books published by DC Comics, as well as a television drama by The CW. The character was created by the writer Brian Michael Bendis for his Wonder Comics imprint, along with writer David F. Walker, and artist Jamal Campbell. The character's name is, in part, a tribute to comic book writer and creator Dwayne McDuffie.

No! This just improves the odds of Bends coming back to Marvel!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The CW is opening up opportunities for me to explore other shows in my backlogged pile of shows.
    Honestly, the CW shows are one of the few things I watch on cable anymore. If that's gone, maybe I'll finally cut the cord...

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    That show seems on the expensive side. I don't think the cost exceeds the benefit on keeping it on CW (whether bought or not). HBO Max hasn't really overly committed to producing new DC shows. I know they have a few projects coming, but they don't seem to have a plan like Disney/Marvel.
    Isn't Stargirl on HBO Max? It's popular, so I figure it'll survive.

Pretty much.
    They did just announce a series order for Gotham Knights, which is called "Batman Adjacent" in the article I read. However, I'd call it an Elseworlds Batman show but with the multiverse it would technically still be an Arrowverse set show.
    I was excited for this and Tom Swift, but considering they'll probably not be renewed...

But the Arrowverse is dying.
    It's basically dead. Even if Superman survives they'll do what they've been doing and pretend that the Arrowverse doesn't exist. Next season, Flash's final season will be the end of the Arrowverse.

I hope the Flash writers take the opportunity to make it a fitting end. Just make the whole season a crossover if they can get the actors.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    Honestly, the CW shows are one of the few things I watch on cable anymore. If that's gone, maybe I'll finally cut the cord...

I hope the Flash writers take the opportunity to make it a fitting end. Just make the whole season a crossover if they can get the actors.
    I really hope the CW is not truly what has kept you watching cable since it is a show on FREE netowrk tv? Even if you didn't want an antenna for regular tv viewing, the shows are free on the CW app.

Stargirl is available to view on HBO Max, but it is not a program they produce like Peacemaker. And I don't think HBO is interested in a Stargirl type show. Most of their original programming involving DC material has had mature themes/darker undertones.

It would be great if they could use the expected last season of Flash to close out the Legends story or at least bring closure to Canary/Caity Lotz.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

You don't need cable to watch CW. Just get a digital over the air antennae OR if you have a Smart TV just download the CW app.

Cut that cord already.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That finale was pretty intense, I feel like they waited all season just to get to the good parts (or at least the parts I care about).

I've never read the Brian Bendis comics of her so allowed this show to speak on it's own.
    Clearly Naomi is a massive riff/rip on Superman and Bendis incorporated her adoration of Superman as a way to tell the reader "yeah, I know I did, just go with it".

Imagine if you found out Ma/Pa Kent were actually rebel fighters who had killed Lara and Jor-El.
    Earth-29 is at least still there but it's a wasteland, Krypton blew up
    Both were sent/taken from their birth parents
    Both learned and grew into their powers during adolescences.
    Flight, super speed, x-ray vision...she is all but another Supergirl/Power Girl really.
    Very true in terms of origins and backgrounds, but the way this show operated was quite different from the way a Superman show worked, even Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised, but I would've watched a season two.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Dang, this could have been an answer to Disney's Ms. Marvel.

I just wish it had a bigger budget.
    Or a wider audience. Marvel shows on Disney+ can hit the sweet spot of casting a huge net across many demographics. The Mandalorian wouldn't have been so big and talked about if it were on Sundays at 8pm on ABC. Naomi is a CW show, that limits it's audience and exposure.

I think it depends on how much pull Geoff Johns has with that show. I don't think Stargirl will end until it's on his terms.

It's basically dead. Even if Superman survives they'll do what they've been doing and pretend that the Arrowverse doesn't exist. Next season, Flash's final season will be the end of the Arrowverse.

I hope that happens too.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I was surprised the Dynasty and Charmed reboots lasted so long. Both those shows have zero buzz and behind the scenes drama.
    Yeah, I thought the "Dynasty" reboot was going to get canned after Season 1. The joke was on me.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    That show seems on the expensive side. I don't think the cost exceeds the benefit on keeping it on CW (whether bought or not). HBO Max hasn't really overly committed to producing new DC shows. I know they have a few projects coming, but they don't seem to have a plan like Disney/Marvel.
    Yes. I agree with you. I'm sure it's more expensive with the various special effects. It has been a show that feels more like a DC comic, with lots of JSA references and characters. I would hope that the powers that be could figure out that Stargirl is a strong character for potential merchandising.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The Hollywood Reporter did a good article on CW's business model and how
    It didn’t matter that The CW was never profitable because both studios — then part of Viacom and Time Warner — made money hand over fist via foreign sales and the Netflix output deal. The business model was so lucrative that The CW expanded to original programming on Fridays and Sundays and largely stopped cancelling much of anything. The CW canceled (or gave a proper farewell) to an average of only 3.2 shows during the past decade — a far cry from this season’s 10. In the same time frame, The CW renewed an average of 10.3 shows annually (vs. eight this year) while new show volume (three) is a bit below the norm (3.9).
    International broadcasting rights and Netflix streaming revenue was the only thing keeping half their shows on air.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...re-1235146038/

Man what a reveal at the end. Also, I liked Brutus, he was definitely different than expected.

But now the series is over and will never receive proper closure. What a tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter did a good article on CW's business model and how

International broadcasting rights and Netflix streaming revenue was the only thing keeping half their shows on air.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...re-1235146038/
    I guess HBOMax isn't impacting much at the moment...

HBO Max doesn't bring CW any income, because Warner owns it, they're not selling the shows to a third party like when they were selling stuff to Netflix. HBO Max and Paramount+ launching has destroyed CW's business model.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman