Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Granted, but beyond design, there isn't much original about her if you look closely. But, hey, if you like her be my guest. We all enjoy different things.
    Lol I know next to nothing about her but it doesn't sound very good

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    She looks kinda cool at least...
    I have no negative feelings about the character.... I just have NO feelings about the character, since I didn't even know this character existed until suddenly she has a show.

And hey, sometimes rip offs can be great. Just look at Deadpool- started as a rip off of Deathstroke, then became his own character.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Who the F*** is Naomi?

Their recent decisions are baffling me. They don't recast Kate Kane; instead they create a new character that is now appearing in Future Slate. They don't go forward with Wonder Girl, who may be a new character, but has name recognition and is an ethnically diverse character; instead they greenlight a project for a character no one's ever heard of and who doesn't even have a single comic out yet. I almost get them not going forward with Green Arrow and the Canaries; but instead they go forward with a live action, 20-something Power Puff Girls that sounds TERRIBLE. And they cancel Black Lightning; but they are developing a spin-off for... Painkiller?! Well, at least it wasn't a spin off for Tobias Whale.

And meanwhile, all I can think of is how they passed on Supergirl the first time, and immediately regretted it. Which, if Wonder Girl is picked up somewhere else (and I hope it is; it may not be the Wonder Girl I grew up reading, but I am interested in learning about this new character), I have a feeling they will be feeling the the same regrets.
    Naomi is an original character from the guy who gave us Miles Morales. Sounds more interesting than Brazilian WW already.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    And teen angst, I'm sure
    Nope Optimistic character not really angsty

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Who the F*** is Naomi?
    They don't go forward with Wonder Girl, who may be a new character, but has name recognition and is an ethnically diverse character; instead they greenlight a project for a character no one's ever heard of and who doesn't even have a single comic out yet.
    So in total the Wonder Woman you are talking about has 2 issues of her own book, Naomi has 6 issues of her own book out(and would have more but artist is working on Far Sector and Bendis didn't want to finish up with out him). And Naomi was in the new Young Justice when it had a book and was in Superman issues. So despite Yara showing up in Future State Justice League and Future State Wonder Woman& Superman, Naomi still has more comic appearances. Furthermore Naomi is in the New Justice League book that will be showing up after Future State event. So the character you said nobody has never heard of is actually the more established character and the character who are defending has actually showed up less and got a show nearly greenlighted without having a single comic out.

Now second thing is Naomi has zero to do with Yara not getting a show, Pilot don't get picked up all the time. In fact you were paying attention you would have seen that Naomi show has not gotten greenlighted as yet. It could very well get rejected too. Now Naomi has a strong chance because it is back by Ava Duvernay and would be the first superhero show on CW that is not a Greg Berlanti show but it is not guarantee either.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-14-2021 at 04:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Naomi is an original character from the guy who gave us Miles Morales.
    It's very funny you say that like it's something to be impressed about

I'm curious about what the show would be like. Both Naomi and Yara Flar are new characters with little content. So both shows would have to come up with their own material. Naomi could grow up faster in the show than in the comics etc.

So I'm curious and interested in how the show would turn out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    We know you hate Miles Morales-give it a rest already.

Sorry Miles Morales has done more in 11 years than a LOT of DC/Marvel characters.

Who the F*** is Naomi?
    They don't go forward with Wonder Girl, who may be a new character, but has name recognition and is an ethnically diverse character; instead they greenlight a project for a character no one's ever heard of and who doesn't even have a single comic out yet.
    Naomi owns 28 appearances in comics. 6 all about her. Whose book is a top 150 seller for DC on Amazon right now.

Yara Flo has 8 with 2 all about her.

BANNED

The only thing miles has. done during his entire existence is redo stuff that was already done by Peter just in a far less interesting way
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 02-14-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    The term original is used VERY LOOSELY in this case as Naomi is at best a mixture of Captain Marvel and Ironheat. I would argue that both are vastly superior as at least they have superhero codenames.

Also, while Yara has been around for less time she is far more popular already than Naomi just do an internet search of artwork, stories, and other fan projects. I chalk her popularity up to a dynamic visual design and an intriguing background other aspects Naomi lacks. But, don't take my word for it I'll let Perch help make my case with some of his trademarked impeccable analysis -

Last edited by Celgress; 02-14-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The term original is used VERY LOOSELY in this case as Naomi is at best a mixture of Captain Marvel and Ironheat. I would argue that both are vastly superior as at least they have superhero codenames.

Also, while Yara has been around for less time she is far more popular already than Naomi just do an internet search of artwork, stories, and other fan projects. I chalk her popularity up to a dynamic visual design and an intriguing background other aspects Naomi lacks. But, don't take my word for it I'll let Perch help make my case with some of his trademarked impeccable analysis -

I have to agree, she's got a classic comic design and look that we don't see often anymore for new characters. Breath of fresh air.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Naomi is an original character from the guy who gave us Miles Morales. Sounds more interesting than Brazilian WW already.
    So, the interesting part about Naomi is that she was created by Bendis? Ok.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, the interesting part about Naomi is that she was created by Bendis? Ok.
    And she was so boring in Young Justice. Like plank of wood boring. I believe she said, "I just got my powers yesterday" about 5 times.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Oh, and before anyone gets upset about some aspects of the video I posted be aware I did it for reasons of self-deprecation. While I'm a huge fan of Yara, I do recognize that much of her appeal comes from her sexy look and flashy costume. Although, I would argue her bubbly personality also helps.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    And she was so boring in Young Justice. Like plank of wood boring. I believe she said, "I just got my powers yesterday" about 5 times.
    That's kind of a recurring issue with characters created by Bendis, he doesn't really do too much to actually build their character or personality, and then uses his influence to force them into stuff where they don't really do anything to make them look more important.
    You can see it in a lot of his Marvel stuff, especially with miles and ironheart, not just them you can see it with characters like Jessica Jones too but it's far more blatant with those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We know you hate Miles Morales-give it a rest already.

Sorry Miles Morales has done more in 11 years than a LOT of DC/Marvel characters.

Naomi owns 28 appearances in comics. 6 all about her. Whose book is a top 150 seller for DC on Amazon right now.

Yara Flo has 8 with 2 all about her.
    There are people out there who hate Miles Morales? Did they see the movie?