Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There are people out there who hate Miles Morales? Did they see the movie?
    The movie has the only good version of the character.
    The comic version however is a boring piece of cardboard, who has very little going for him

His popularity would disagree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There are people out there who hate Miles Morales? Did they see the movie?
    I actually paid money to see the movie and was...not impressed. Not necessarily with Miles, but three entire show was lifeless ama did nothing to produce adrenaline. Wasn't as bad as WW, but it was unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Also, while Yara has been around for less time she is far more popular already than Naomi just do an internet search of artwork, stories, and other fan projects. I chalk her popularity up to a dynamic visual design and an intriguing background other aspects Naomi lacks.
    She is freaking Wonder Woman, We don't have to talk about why she is popular we know it is because is She is a minority legacy character of the most popular female character comics. I have no problem with Yara but the most annoying part of your argument is calling Naomi derivative while praising a derivative character. The only thing unique about Yara is her race why in the world you bashing a character for doing the same thing character who is in your opinion fundamentally doing the same thing as Yara which is borrowing elements from another character.

And again Naomi isn't anything close to Captain Marvel it is like saying Vulcan or Starbrand are based on Captain Marvel because they have energy powers. Naomi is an alien who came from a near dying world as a baby, Yeah she is supposed to have parallels to another character but not the one you are talking about. She is more of a mix Superman and New Gods because she is part of a group of 29 characters with amazing Godlike powers(including one very dark one that rules over the planet) than Captain Marvel. It is fair not to call Naomi not that original of concept Bendis used a bunch of tropes but there isn't much new you can do in the comic world. What is silly imo is to turn around praise another character for simply being Wonder Woman but the Brazilian version.

Naomi is perfectly fine in the design area

Once again like whoever you want to like it is fine if some of you don't like Naomi. But to be mad and bash her because she is possibly getting a show and the character you wanted to didn't is silly to me. Naomi didn't do anything Yara, Naomi didn't keep her from getting a show. Naomi isn't competing with that character there is no need to pit one against the other especially in a world where minority characters rarely get spotlight roles.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-14-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The movie and the video game is what made me like Miles as a character. He didn't feel unique under Bendis pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    She is freaking Wonder Woman, We don't have to talk about why she is popular we know it is because is She is a minority legacy character of the most popular female character comics. I have no problem with Yara but the most annoying part of your argument is calling Naomi derivative while praising a derivative character. The only thing unique about Yara is her race why in the world you bashing a character for doing the same thing character who is in your opinion fundamentally doing the same thing as Yara which is borrowing elements from another character.

And again Naomi isn't anything close to Captain Marvel it is like saying Vulcan or Starbrand are based on Captain Marvel because they have energy powers. Naomi is an alien who came from a near dying world as a baby, Yeah she is supposed to have parallels to another character but not the one you are talking about. She is more of a mix Superman and New Gods because she is part of a group of 29 characters with amazing Godlike powers(including one very dark one that rules over the planet) than Captain Marvel. It is fair not to call Naomi not that original of concept Bendis used a bunch of tropes but there isn't much new you can do in the comic world. What is silly imo is to turn around praise another character for simply being Wonder Woman but the Brazilian version.

Naomi is perfectly fine in the design area

Once again like whoever you want to like it is fine if some of you don't like Naomi. But to be mad and bash her because she is possibly getting a show and the character you wanted to didn't is silly to me. Naomi didn't do anything Yara, Naomi didn't keep her from getting a show. Naomi isn't competing with that character there is no need to pit one against the other especially in a world where minority characters rarely get spotlight roles.
    I don't think it's a matter of hating the character- it's a matter of not KNOWING the character. As someone who only sporadically reads comics, I had no idea Naomi existed. I have no concept of who this character is, other than what I've read in this thread. With Yara, even if you don't know who THAT is, you recognize the name of Wonder Girl. It sets an expectation of what you will see, and gets you excited before you see a single frame.

With Naomi, it will have to have one hell of a trailer to get me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I actually paid money to see the movie and was...not impressed. Not necessarily with Miles, but three entire show was lifeless ama did nothing to produce adrenaline. Wasn't as bad as WW, but it was unimpressive.
    I think it's the very best Spiderman man move.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Miles popularity is dependent entirely on the fact marvel pushes him as the second Spider-Man, not because there's actually anything interesting about him, especially not when all he does is piggyback off of Peter's rogues gallery, supporting cast and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Miles popularity is dependent entirely on the fact marvel pushes him as the second Spider-Man, not because there's actually anything interesting about him, especially not when all he does is piggyback off of Peter's rogues gallery, supporting cast and stories.
    In your opinion but that is not opinion of everyone

Incredible Member

naomi you say ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In your opinion but that is not opinion of everyone
    Miles piggybacking off of Peter's rogues, supporting cast and stories isn't much of an opinion as it is fact.
    He's existed for a decade at this point and has about no unique villains, his supporting cast doesn't go deeper than his parents and best friend, and he almost no stories that isn't basically stuff Peter did first, I mean come on they're rehashing the Clone Saga with him m.

This show needs at least a Stargirl season 1 budget which is why I'm not for it at the CW. There's only so much they can do and she's a power heavy superhero, Supergirl's VFX got much worse in later seasons. If they're gonna do this I want them to go all-in and make it look nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    This show needs at least a Stargirl season 1 budget which is why I'm not for it at the CW. There's only so much they can do and she's a power heavy superhero, Supergirl's VFX got much worse in later seasons. If they're gonna do this I want them to go all-in and make it look nice.
    I mean you say that but the character has barely done anything with her powers even in her own mini series she was powerless until a few pages into the last issue it was mostly just her going around and talking to people then she just made random appearances in other stuff Bendis was writing at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I mean you say that but the character has barely done anything with her powers even in her own mini series she was powerless until a few pages into the last issue it was mostly just her going around and talking to people then she just made random appearances in other stuff Bendis was writing at the time
    Yes but the entirety of the series isn't going to be a prolonged origin story especially since those six issues amount to two episodes at best. A show with unappealing VFX is going to already draw away audiences who are already looking for a reason not to watch. Naomi doesn't have the luxury of name recognition like the Flash or Supergirl to look bad even if it's good. This is her moment and it's an investment to draw in a new crowd.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post

naomi you say ?
    Hahaha, this is who I think of when I hear that name.

Is Bendis so lazy in his old age he can't think of a new superhero moniker for his latest ripoff so he uses a common name instead?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."