Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Don’t CW shows usually have comparatively modest budgets by US standards?
    I think so. But they've shown before that they can take a modest budget and give us some incredible FX work (I'm thinking Grodd vs King Shark).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Don’t CW shows usually have comparatively modest budgets by US standards?
    Yes. Flash's budget is $2 million per episode. Agent's of Shield was $6 to $9 million. Star Girl and Superman had bigger budgets per episode, and better FX.
    The Marvel Disney+ shows are over $20million per.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I haven't seen it so far but how many episodes were ordered? That's what I am worried about are they doing a full CW season thing meaning there will be filler episodes and have to stretch budget for CGI? Or a tighter smaller order

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'm wondering if she won't get her costume until the end of the season.

Is her Thanagarian mentor from the comics?

This looks like a fun show, could be a nice replacement for Blacklightning.

Mighty Member

So yeah, looks like this will be set on another Earth.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

"Superheroes aren't real though, right?"

I picked up on that also. Sigh. An alt earth, again?

That was done with Black Lightning, till they decided at Crisis to blend that show over. Same for Supergirl. On both shows though eventually little slips would come out that people of extraordinary abilities must be around. Why do that here with Naomi? Just start this show on the same Earth as the others.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    "Superheroes aren't real though, right?"

I picked up on that also. Sigh. An alt earth, again?

That was done with Black Lightning, till they decided at Crisis to blend that show over. Same for Supergirl. On both shows though eventually little slips would come out that people of extraordinary abilities must be around. Why do that here with Naomi? Just start this show on the same Earth as the others.
    They usually decide to put a show on a different Earth when it is filmed in a different location. Supergirl was on another earth at first because it was on another network. Same with Stargirl- it may have aired on the CW, but the first season it was a DC digital production. Black Lightning was on another earth because it was filmed in Atlanta, making crossovers a logistical nightmare.

What baffles me about this is that she says 'Superheroes aren't real though, right?' something like 10 seconds after we see Superman (or his digital blur) flying around.

Also, you'd think they would have learned their lesson about winged characters after the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Also, you'd think they would have learned their lesson about winged characters after the Hawks.
    But...but this time the wings are metal!

Extraordinary Member

Ava DuVernay Introduces the New Trailer For The CW’s Naomi

Naomi | Power | Season Trailer | The CW

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/509...-the-cws-naomi

Mighty Member

'Naomi' Series Premiere Synopsis Reveals a Heroic Origin Story

"Naomi McDuffie (Kaci Walfall) is living her best life as a top student, skateboarder and Superman-stan, when a 'stunt' in the middle of her hometown of Port Oswego turns her world upside down. While Naomi's doting parents – Greg and Jennifer McDuffie (Barry Watson and Mouzam Makkar) – are concerned with their daughter's strange new fainting spells, the teen's closest friends – Annabelle (Mary-Charles Jones), Nathan (Anthony Puig), Lourdes (Camila Moreno), Anthony (Will Meyers), and Jacob (Aidan Gemme) – join Naomi to help uncover who or what is behind the unexpected event that has the small military town buzzing. A bit of sleuthing leads Naomi and her friends to discover that the owners of two local businesses – Dee (Alexander Wraith) and Zumbado (Cranston Johnson) – seem to know a lot more about the incident than everyone else. Soon Naomi realizes that the mysterious event is just the beginning of a thrilling journey that will change her life and challenge her to question everything she knew to be true. Amanda Marsalis directed the episode written by Ava DuVernay and Jill Blankenship."