Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I did watch the whole episode. Not for me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Nancy Drew with super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So my thinking is that this "Superman" isn't real and is a figment of her imagination manifested with her powers.
    Don't others acknowledge the existence of Superman?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I assume it's some sort of illusion she has the ability to manifest. I don't know much about the character so I have no idea if this is one of her abilities.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

I liked that Naomi didn't default to the typical tired ass tropes of how people with interest in comic books usually behave in TV shows. The episode itself dragged but it did do a ton of setting up, so I can give it a break for that.

So they added not 1, not 2 but 3 new love interests, lmao.

I liked the first episode, it has the typical teen drama corniness but I like how wholesome it is so far. A nice mix of nancy drew and superman. Wouldn't even mind if some of these side characters got added to the comic in season 2.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yeah I could swear those soldiers was talking about Superman too.

Astonishing Member

Half way through but I thought I would comment anyway. The whole Superman is fake, conspiracy - NO! I'm sick of shows that start with a grand conspiracy from the beginning. Then it gets stretched, endlessly throughout the run of the series.

Next, do we have to go into someone deciding their sexual orientation from the beginning of the series? It's a yawn and pandering. Supergirl went all social issues and that ruined the show for me. I prefer my social issues in the real world, serious drama but not escapist shows. YMMV.

She passed out in the speech and not transported to the ER - not in today's world. Panic attack - BS.

Secret supers - what a novel idea!

Oh, the unattractive, overweight sidekick friend - what a novel idea.

I'll watch the second episode to give it a chance but if it's all about the deep, dark secrets - YAWN.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 01-12-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Next, do we have to go into someone deciding their sexual orientation from the beginning of the series? It's a yawn and pandering. Supergirl went all social issues and that ruined the show for me. I prefer my social issues in the real world, serious drama but not escapist shows. YMMV.
    It was barely a throwaway comment by the 'rents though, it hardly took over the episode

She passed out in the speech and not transported to the ER - not in today's world. Panic attack - BS.
    I had the same thought but from what was said it seems there was a doctor in the audience that looked at her.

I can't say this particularly grabbed me. Maybe it's because I'm too old to relate to the protagonist, but I do like Stargirl. Then again, Stargirl leans more into the superhero idea whereas superheroes are restricted to comic books and fiction in this show. It's likeable enough, though, so I'll keep watching.

I thought the Pilot was okay. Nothing too spectacular, but just enough excitement to keep me wanting to see how it continues.

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/naomis-lgbt-arc-...ville-setback/

So if the show is about teenage, sexuality discovery and an incredibly stupid plot of Superman stunts - that's going not to hold my interest (not that anyone cares -LOL).

In today's tech world, stunts would be discarded in an afternoon. Why go that way? So this is a different universe and this Superman isn't Superman and Lois' guy? Loads of secret aliens. Supergirl went that way and then had their Earth be Grand Central Alien with restaurants, etc.

So far Superman and Lois have a decent personal plot line with marital difficulties and teenage problems that doesn't seem to be pandering from the get go.

You know what would be sweet? This version of Superman being portrayed by Brandon Routh.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, he was wasted as an Atom that did very little as an Atom and became a clown. He could visit Superman and Lois as bopping in from his time line.

Why did I leave the chanel on? Hawkman? They don't know Superman is real? What universe are we in.
    This is bad in every way Star Girl is good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!