Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Starting to think this book has terrible structure.
    Yeah, I don't think something like this should be a thing. They shouldn't need to make more room for future stories by throwing the conclusion to another in a one-shot with a high price tag. That's just poor management if that's the case. I think some instances it's fine like the ASM Sin-Eater one shot, sure, that's a read that's nonessential but for those that want to read it they get more context to the villain of that story. This is the big epic conclusion to a story that's been happening in the main book but now you have to pick up this big extra book to see what happens.

To be honest, I stopped picking up ASM at the end of Last Remains (the main story, not the continuing aftermath smh). Just not really worth it right now to be going out there for this book during the pandemic when things go on forever and they keep pulling stuff like this. I like Spencer's approach, and I like how he's always going meta with it regarding how he knows the readership is feeling but I do think editorial should rein things in and know when to tighten stories instead of going for the absolute maximum with every story. Just cause you're Marvel and you can doesn't mean you should.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I didn't mean to imply you said Aunt May was toast - I just got into a bit of free association about what could be so momentous. There are a few options for something surprising or important, but story logic kind of pushes against many of them. Fisk is a big part of Zdarsky's DD run, so it'd be odd if anything too big happens to him in ASM. MJ seems to be a part of Harry's plans, so anything bad happening to her seems unlikely. If, as seems likely, OMD will be addressed in some way soon, I think Aunt May needs to be alive and mostly well.

If I had to guess, I think Pete ends up apartmentless after this - Boomerang and/or Robbie will be incapacitated or on the run and Pete won't be able to make rent. If we're looking for a good surprising ending worthy of a special issue, I could see Pete proposing finally. Harry's endgame probably gets accelerated with that happening . . .
    I certainly would be all for a proposal. Here is my thought on this. I certainly would be opposed to something so meh as Peter not making rent because Boomerang fled. It is fair to say, if Marvel wants people to buy this issue it had better be something that would justify the cost ( Wedding Issue and First Appearance of the Sinister Six are examples of Giant Sized/King Sized issues that worked). Doing something that was already done in Amazing 77 with the Tablet is certainly not it ( nor for that matter would be another Last Remains tie-in ( I think most of us do not want to see a waste of money and time like we saw with the LR issues).

are those tablets related to that 1960s similar storyline, involving silvermane?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are those tablets related to that 1960s similar storyline, involving silvermane?
    Yes they were. I thought the Tablet issues were some of the best of the Romita/Lee issues. I especially liked the Lizard part of the arc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Yes they were. I thought the Tablet issues were some of the best of the Romita/Lee issues. I especially liked the Lizard part of the arc.
    Yeah, I remember that being loosely adapted for the 90s animated series, and even revisited a few years back in a prose novel by Stefan Petrucha titled Spider-Man: Forever Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think something like this should be a thing. They shouldn't need to make more room for future stories by throwing the conclusion to another in a one-shot with a high price tag. That's just poor management if that's the case. I think some instances it's fine like the ASM Sin-Eater one shot, sure, that's a read that's nonessential but for those that want to read it they get more context to the villain of that story. This is the big epic conclusion to a story that's been happening in the main book but now you have to pick up this big extra book to see what happens.

To be honest, I stopped picking up ASM at the end of Last Remains (the main story, not the continuing aftermath smh). Just not really worth it right now to be going out there for this book during the pandemic when things go on forever and they keep pulling stuff like this. I like Spencer's approach, and I like how he's always going meta with it regarding how he knows the readership is feeling but I do think editorial should rein things in and know when to tighten stories instead of going for the absolute maximum with every story. Just cause you're Marvel and you can doesn't mean you should.
    Reminds me of the original Jurassic Park, "Your scientists were so concerned with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think about if they should." Or Uncle Ben using similar words in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series' version of the "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" speech.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Does the limited series Spider-Man Lifeline fit Spencer’s current plot with the tablet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Does the limited series Spider-Man Lifeline fit Spencer’s current plot with the tablet?
    It explains why Hammerhead is interested in the tablet.

Yeah, it thrilled me that it was referenced in the Gog story for the first time. I always liked that mini series, mostly cause of the Steve Rude art but it had a fun light throwback feel to the story. It also brought up the Boomerang connection to the tablets for having him here.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    So what do we think Fisk wants the tablets for? Bringing Vanessa back to life is my guess. Maybe the tablets are destroyed by Spidey, and Fisk has a major reason to be even more ticked with Pete?
    Wasn't it implied Fisk and Kindred had something involving Vanessa in the works? I feel like something with her has been mentioned in this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't it implied Fisk and Kindred had something involving Vanessa in the works? I feel like something with her has been mentioned in this run.
    She definitely has, I believe it was revealed Kindred sort of left Kingpin high and dry holding that over him and yanking it away so now he's taking things into his own hands and has Kindred in captivity.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I really don’t blame Spencer for this. I blame editorial. Spencer clearly just wants to tell his story but whatever reason he seems to keep getting pushing into spin off one shots. Why can’t he just be allowed to tell this story in the ongoing title?

Look at Immortal Hulk - not every bit twist and turn it end of a certain story needs developing elsewhere.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

On reflection I wonder if this is editorial somehow panicking because of the reactions to Last Remains and the lack of answers there, so they’ve asked for this story to be wrapped up in a bigger issue so we can get back on the Kindred stuff quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    On reflection I wonder if this is editorial somehow panicking because of the reactions to Last Remains and the lack of answers there, so they’ve asked for this story to be wrapped up in a bigger issue so we can get back on the Kindred stuff quickly.
    The analogy to Kindred is making a lasagna and instead of actually baking and serving it ( so it might be enjoyed), Spencer is adding more layers to it. Soon you are no longer hungry for it and will look for something else.

Marvel needs the money because we are in a pandemic...

At least that’s the logic many users here seem to agree upon. This is just another waste of 5.99+
    If it were about the money, they could make a bigger issue of ASM and charge the same amount.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If it were about the money, they could make a bigger issue of ASM and charge the same amount.

Maybe they want more hype for the conclusion of the arc?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy