Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If it were about the money, they could make a bigger issue of ASM and charge the same amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Maybe they want more hype for the conclusion of the arc?
    Given how all the Last Remains solicitations were off by an issue or two, I think the most likely scenario is Spencer got behind on his plot and they're using a special issue to keep whatever happens in 75 and 900/100 on schedule. The Sins Rising special did basically the same thing for 850/50.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Censorship Sucks

I don't think the big wigs really consider the television companies bottom line to be the same as the comic book's bottom line.

Mighty Member

My theory is that it's a way to speed up the story. I believe that this could have been split into two issues, but then that would waste another month and plus it's more cost effective to sell 1 5.99 issue than 2 3.99 issues.
    So this is just a way for Marvel to keep on a tight schedule. Saying that, there's been way too many special issues and o e-shots lately on this book.
    I wouldn't have minded so much, but we just got off of 2 anniversary issues, 2 one shot issues, a weekly event with bonus issues and another bumper issue. It's been exhausting to collect this book and on rereads, I feel like it'll be exhausting to read.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    My theory is that it's a way to speed up the story. I believe that this could have been split into two issues, but then that would waste another month and plus it's more cost effective to sell 1 5.99 issue than 2 3.99 issues.
    So this is just a way for Marvel to keep on a tight schedule. Saying that, there's been way too many special issues and o e-shots lately on this book.
    I wouldn't have minded so much, but we just got off of 2 anniversary issues, 2 one shot issues, a weekly event with bonus issues and another bumper issue. It's been exhausting to collect this book and on rereads, I feel like it'll be exhausting to read.
    This.
    They’re trying to get us back onto the Kindred stuff sooner than originally planned after the backlash received from Last Remains.

Astonishing Member

I have the feeling Kingpin will defeat himself in this story. I mean, even if he manages to resurrect his wife, who says she would want to be revived? Yet, it would be quite useful if, somehow, Spider-Man manages to get part of the power of the tablets for his second round against Kindred. And hopefully, maybe bring back the Spider-Marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have the feeling Kingpin will defeat himself in this story. I mean, even if he manages to resurrect his wife, who says she would want to be revived? Yet, it would be quite useful if, somehow, Spider-Man manages to get part of the power of the tablets for his second round against Kindred. And hopefully, maybe bring back the Spider-Marriage.
    hmmm using magic to get Kindred makes sense considering Kindred is otherworldly
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hmmm using magic to get Kindred makes sense considering Kindred is otherworldly
    Of course. I'm personally not sure if it's really Harry Osborn or not, but either way, it's obvious he's an enemy of the supernatural kind; whic means Peter will need a supernatural solution for it. Personally, I would have contacted with Ghost Rider for help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    I don't think the big wigs really consider the television companies bottom line to be the same as the comic book's bottom line.
    They really do not ( especially at DC). There have been rumors AT&T will sell DC provided they can keep making movies and TV Series with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.