Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    can't do illuminati without stark and t'challa and those are both off the board. namor rights are also a cluster
    T'Challa wasn't part of the original Illuminati so hes not totally needed. Professor Hulk, Shuri, Pym and Janet could be on the team

Spectacular Member

pym & jane make more sense as the elders

although the way they're portrayed in the MCU, they don't seem like the behind-the-scenes shadowy type of people

i could 100% see black bolt now that feige can do whatever he wants with inhumans. we'd need reed introduced first in some capacity. you could get away with xavier just being introduced with the rest of them since audiences know who he is. you'd need another sciencey/avengers guy like stark who isn't afraid to do cross the line and syncs well with reed, and i don't think banner works because he's been portrayed as more optimistic. they could maybe introduce beast as an avenger down the road pulling double duty and he could fill that part

it was nice having t'challa/namor butting heads and also as the "royalty" reps along with blackbolt, as well as t'challa warning them all in the beginning then falling into it. i don't think shuri plays into that political part that well, but we'd have to see how coogler sets up BP2. and strange is of course strange and should be a lock.

way i see it is xavier, reed, strange should be automatic, but the rest is hard to fill out. maybe you could do falcon and he could be mind wiped like steve was and give him a totally new arc for the future? maybe rocket instead of blackbolt, or whichever eternal feige may be deciding to keep around

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Stark and Namor can't be replaced not because you can't have another scientist or royalty, but because they are the agitators that cause all the conflict and drive the story forward. Plus, the group doesn't work If all the characters are not well established already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Stark and Namor can't be replaced not because you can't have another scientist or royalty, but because they are the agitators that cause all the conflict and drive the story forward. Plus, the group doesn't work If all the characters are not well established already.
    Eh it's all in the execution. But yeah the Illuminati would have to be heavily adapted imo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Got it. You think the X-Men have now been introduced to the MCU as of Evan Peter's appearance.

He hasn't even referenced the X-Men or his role in any of the Fox trash, so Marvel could just be messing around with everyone. Quicksilver has always been an MCU character, too, unlike Magneto, Wolverine or Rogue, for instance, so his inclusion in the trippy series means little right now.

I'm just curious to see if others noticed hints or Easter Eggs from the show pointing to an unambiguous X-character, someone unlike Pietro.
    Errrr What?
    Who do you think EP is playing?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errrr What?
    Who do you think EP is playing?
    Nightmare, Mephisto, Dormammu, Beyonder, etc some sort of entity. The way Quicksilver was asking question to Wanda was in effort to figure out how her powers worked, And note the entity killed a dog and try to get Wanda to raise it from the dead to see if she can do it. More is at play in the show imo

Even if it is not someone else Quicksilver talk about being shot down so it is MCU quicksilver inside of FoX quicksilver body he hasn't mention anything unique to Fox universe as yet.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-17-2021 at 01:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh it's all in the execution. But yeah the Illuminati would have to be heavily adapted imo
    The Illuminati is not going to be executed well or heavily adapted, marvel has no history of tackling that type of story arcs

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    T'Challa wasn't part of the original Illuminati so hes not totally needed. Professor Hulk, Shuri, Pym and Janet could be on the team
    They are not recasting Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hulk or let me say Bruce Banner is a scientist also, i find it strange how this has been so forgotten ever so quickly, I guess this is what happens when you shift so deeply into action-comedy.

Hulk even in the movies was a better scientist than Stark you think cannot be replaced because Stark many times had no Wisdom, while Hulk was wise.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-17-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Was just reading that Dr. Strange 2 will feature the Illuminati - would that mean Reed Richard and Charles Xavier would potentially show up?
    I'm pretty sure the person that Monica is communicating with in WandaVision is Reed, given the hints they have dropped. They haven't fully fleshed out (as of this moment) how mutants will happen so it's too early for Charles.

My money is on Rogue being the first, with possibly Mystique as well given her role in pushing Rogue to attack the Avengers. Plus Rogue hasn't been featured in the X-Men movies since X-Men" The Last Stand (not including that one moment where she appears at the end of DoFP). So with it being a decade since Rogue has been on screen officially I think she's a ringer.

I don't think it will be Magneto given that they have separated Wanda and Pietro from being his children, and I think that will be too confusing.
    I don't think it will be Storm only because T'Challa will not be recast so his character is gone from the MCU (unless they bring in a multiverse one which I think will be an issue). Without T'Challa I don't see Storm coming in right now to be honest.
    It won't be Jean given Dark Phoenix is still fresh in people's minds and Wanda has stolen her powerset.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Since the Magneto and Quicksilver/Wanda retcon was only and I mean only for movie deal reasons that is no longer in existence, since disney bought fox. ASAP they are retconing it back.
    I disagree with your assessment here. While true that the retcon in the comics (which itself was a retcon) removed Wanda and Pietro from Erik's lineage, it hasn't been reverted. They have FIRMLY established who their parents are in the MCU and he is not one of them. Also the above bolded is not true, it's a fan wish. There is nothing that shows that Marvel and Disney are retconning it back "ASAP". There are clear nods in the series to House of M and Avengers Disassembled, but nothing to point that this is the same as what happened before. If you have insider knowledge that contradicts the facts, please share them with the class.

I easily predicted this will be the first plot point Marvel will address to bring the House of M back together and House of M trends a lot on twitter, Kevin Fiege is not sleeping on that, this will be sealed if the big like skywalker type reveal magically turns out to be Magneto played by Fassbender.
    I've heard people sharing this fan theory a lot, and while it would be cool to see, I do not foresee them just throwing Fassbender into the MCU. And even if they did, why in the world would he appear to Wanda? He has no relationship to her in either universe, so while a nice fan nod it means nothing to the either character. I see Strange appearing at the end, or the new Reed Richards but not Fassbender. I could be totally off but it would be just too messy.

And this is 100% different from the Skywalker reveal in The Mandalorian, as Luke was alive and available to be used for the mentorship of Grogu. Magneto appearing out of no where with no relationship to the character is too much of a stretch and requires explaining and some building which won't happen before the next movies.

Days of Future Past : The Rogue Cut was the last time we saw Rogue doing something important although that never counts as an official film.
    But most people haven't seen the director's cut that has Rogue being saved and taking part of Kitty's role. It's not the official film cut, and should be considered as a "What If" versus being used to accurately depict the character's role in a universe. The last time that Fox Rogue doing anything of note was her going and getting the cure in the Last Stand. Last official appearance is at the end of the DoFP in an altered timeline.

Carol is one of those characters that needs at least one or two more films to really establish something before she is taken down by Rogue.
    I don't disagree she needs more screen time in general, but that wouldn't preclude Rogue from appearing and being a foe to Carol at the end of the film, setting her up to be Binary in a follow-up.

All this fan theories are all just still to early to execute.
    Agreed, we're all theorizing and no one can predict with accuracy what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    pym & jane make more sense as the elders

although the way they're portrayed in the MCU, they don't seem like the behind-the-scenes shadowy type of people
    After the snap maybe Pym decided to be more active because he doesn't trust the Avengers or SHEILD/SWORD with protecting the world and maybe he hears whats happening in Westview.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    They are not recasting Black Panther.
    I wasn't saying they were

Astonishing Member

Strong Guy! Shame Greg Valentino is past his prime, he'd make an excellent Guido without the need of fx.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Evan Peters MCU version seems to believe/is presenting as being the same version from Age of Ultron, although his personality is totally different. So presumably he would also not be a mutant, unless they retconned that but it seems like they won't.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Evan Peters MCU version seems to believe/is presenting as being the same version from Age of Ultron, although his personality is totally different. So presumably he would also not be a mutant, unless they retconned that but it seems like they won't.
    Also, people have noticed the Funko toy is listed with quotation marks around the name, "Quicksilver", as opposed to the other characters. The producers have done a great job of keeping people guessing.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I LOVE NC but I also like them going more canon and starting with the 05 and then slowly working in the next generations. The Avengers films have included so much and they are even ready for a new line-up so it shouldn't be hard to do it for the top selling comic of all time after Spidey and Batman. But if its NC I don't mind a small role, doesn't mean he is going to be part of the team. Glimpses of other characters on the side to build up to these other characters as others are taking center stage would be great. And doing it with NC and some sort of circus nightmare that Wanda and Vision have to help him well I think that would be gold.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

WandaVision Episode 7 spoilers:

spoilers:
    so he's probably not Pietro then. Guess for the time being Deadpool is (ironically) the only mutant we know for sure is coming
    end of spoilers