Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I LOVE NC but I also like them going more canon and starting with the 05 and then slowly working in the next generations. The Avengers films have included so much and they are even ready for a new line-up so it shouldn't be hard to do it for the top selling comic of all time after Spidey and Batman. But if its NC I don't mind a small role, doesn't mean he is going to be part of the team. Glimpses of other characters on the side to build up to these other characters as others are taking center stage would be great. And doing it with NC and some sort of circus nightmare that Wanda and Vision have to help him well I think that would be gold.
    I’m not keen on the Original 5 at all. They are great characters, but are terrible representatives for 2021. They are all white and there’s that dated “token female” on the team many ‘60’s superhero teams suffered from. The Avengers already did that with the Black Widow and it was justifiably ridiculed.

One or two from that team is fine, but all 5? No way.

I would love to see the O5 represented but more than likely Angel will be replaced by Storm if they go that route. I wouldn't mind a version where the movie starts off with the O5 but Storm is introduced right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    WandaVision Episode 7 spoilers:

spoilers:
    so he's probably not Pietro then. Guess for the time being Deadpool is (ironically) the only mutant we know for sure is coming
    end of spoilers
    Deadpool isn’t a mutant. But if Cable and Domino return, which I’d say is highly likely, then they would be the first mutants in the MCU technically.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Deadpool isn’t a mutant. But if Cable and Domino return, which I’d say is highly likely, then they would be the first mutants in the MCU technically.
    No Deadpool is a mutant, in the movies his healing is his own mutation rather than a result of Weapon X experiments.

But they did experiment on him in Deadpool 1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But they did experiment on him in Deadpool 1.
    Yeah they did but the experiments were to force his latent mutation to activate.

BANNED

Deadpool should never count since Deadpool is a special character in his own special movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Yeah they did but the experiments were to force his latent mutation to activate.
    Interesting. Guess I missed that. Will be interesting to see if when he moves over to the MCU whether he’s still a mutant or more like the comics where he’s technically a “mutate.” Not born a mutant, with an X-gene, but mutated via experimentation. In the case of Deadpool, injected with a synthetic self-replicating version of Wolverine’s natural mutant healing factor.

I’d also be curious about Juggernaut too, as the X-men and Deadpool films just made him a mutant I think. But he’s obviously not in the comic books.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I hope Mystique & Destiny appears as the villains, with Rogue & Monica kinda caught in the middle.

The thing is that Carol dealt with shapeshifters in the first film.
    That could be an interesting bait and switch. Carol goes through much of the movie thinking she's dealing with a rogue Skrull, only to have Mystique get away at the end and Talos say, 'Whoever that was, it wasn't one of us. She's something new...'

I remember when Mystique first debuted in Ms. Marvel, she wasn't confirmed as a mutant back then. Her blue skin made many people think she was some Kree/Skrull hybrid because of her shapeshifting so that might be an interesting change for the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I would love to see the O5 represented but more than likely Angel will be replaced by Storm if they go that route. I wouldn't mind a version where the movie starts off with the O5 but Storm is introduced right off the bat.
    Beast has taken a bit of a plunge in popularity as well, so I could see a 'new O5' being Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine and Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Beast has taken a bit of a plunge in popularity as well, so I could see a 'new O5' being Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine and Iceman.
    Maybe he's lost popularity with hardcore comics fans, but that's a pretty niche group and casual fans still remember him well because of the 90s comics, TAS, and the fact that he was represented in both X-Men movie eras.