Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superman vs Uatu

Superman vs Uatu

The Watcher is durable, but I think he will be watching himself get blitzed.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm gonna say, that blitz better work because if it doesn't, Clark is dead meat.

Anyone have durability feats for Watchers?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Clark is getting moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Like when Red Hulk caught Uatu watching him from the moon, he leapt there and gave Uatu a black eye?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Like when Red Hulk caught Uatu watching him from the moon, he leapt there and gave Uatu a black eye?
    Red Hulk’s jobber aura is legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Red Hulk’s jobber aura is legendary.
    True. I LOL so hard. No one had ever caught the Watcher, er, watching them, let alone do anything about it so drastically!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm gonna say, that blitz better work because if it doesn't, Clark is dead meat.

There was specifically one arc where watchers were engaged in dust-ups with Celestials and faring pretty well. They were a bit lower one-on-one, but not by such a margin that they were chaff or anything. I have always placed them around skyfather level, or a slight cut above. Doom powerjacking one made him a cosmic threat. It was heavily implied more than once that Watchers are not all that significantly below Galactus.

Not that it matters, but in the old Marvel role playing game, Watchers had class 1000 or higher stats - I only mention this because it speaks to the presentation as hell and gone beyond mere strong heroes.

Except for the Red Jobber Hulk incident, and those killed by Celestials in that fight, attacking a Watcher is generally a baaaaaaaad idea, but mostly because they will just put you somewhere else before your shot hits. In a comic, no biggie. In a rumble... how does suddenly finding yourself in the center of a supermassive black hole sound?

I wouldn't think that Supes has a chance here. Watchers are way above Thanos, for example, someone Clark isn't taking down.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Uatu is generally lacking in combat feats. But he did fight Captain Marvel (Mar-vell) while Cap was literally tripping on LSD. It was a solid but unimpressive win, displaying no particular speed or skill, while taking quite a few panels to accomplish said win. And Christoff/Doom once shot a Watcher with a ray gun that caused him to shout in pain. I can't remember if that was Uatu or some other Watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    There was specifically one arc where watchers were engaged in dust-ups with Celestials and faring pretty well. They were a bit lower one-on-one, but not by such a margin that they were chaff or anything. I have always placed them around skyfather level, or a slight cut above. Doom powerjacking one made him a cosmic threat. It was heavily implied more than once that Watchers are not all that significantly below Galactus.

Not that it matters, but in the old Marvel role playing game, Watchers had class 1000 or higher stats - I only mention this because it speaks to the presentation as hell and gone beyond mere strong heroes.

Except for the Red Jobber Hulk incident, and those killed by Celestials in that fight, attacking a Watcher is generally a baaaaaaaad idea, but mostly because they will just put you somewhere else before your shot hits. In a comic, no biggie. In a rumble... how does suddenly finding yourself in the center of a supermassive black hole sound?

I wouldn't think that Supes has a chance here. Watchers are way above Thanos, for example, someone Clark isn't taking down.
    I didn’t think Uatu or the Watchers were in the Class 1000 stats category, but you made me go and check. Uatu’s stats were:

F: Amazing
    A: Amazing
    S: Amazing
    E: Unearthly
    R: Unearthly
    I: Unearthly
    P: Unearthly

But... among his many, many powers, it did list him as having both Class 1000 Forcefield Generation and Class 1000 True Invulnerability.

So he’s really, really, really hard to hurt.

It puts him sub-Odin but probably comparable with Zeus.

(Edit: BTW, I occasionally still have to momentarily think of the stats in D&D, which I play regularly, but I will always remember the FASERIP system until my dying day.)
    Last edited by Beadle; 02-15-2021 at 04:36 PM.

So from what I am reason Uatu could even beat Thanos?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

IIRC, didn't a bunch of Watchers spontaneously resurrect themselves when they decided that they just didn't feel obliged to stay dead anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I didn’t think Uatu or the Watchers were in the Class 1000 stats category, but you made me go and check. Uatu’s stats were:

F: Amazing
    A: Amazing
    S: Amazing
    E: Unearthly
    R: Unearthly
    I: Unearthly
    P: Unearthly

But... among his many, many powers, it did list him as having both Class 1000 Forcefield Generation and Class 1000 True Invulnerability.

So he’s really, really, really hard to hurt.

It puts him sub-Odin but probably comparable with Zeus.

(Edit: BTW, I occasionally still have to momentarily think of the stats in D&D, which I play regularly, but I will always remember the FASERIP system until my dying day.)
    Yeah, this is how I remember the Watcher's FASERIP, but I did not remember his Invulnerability score. I thought it was Cl 100. But with a CL 1000 Invulnerability, Red Hulk should not have been able to do what he did.

Extraordinary Member

Uatu has defeated another Watcher, Aron, who in turn had managed to stalemate Molecule man. For whatever that is worth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Uatu has defeated another Watcher, Aron, who in turn had managed to stalemate Molecule man. For whatever that is worth
    I heard that was retconned era MM. Which mind you wouldn't change my impression Uatu has potentially way more power to bring than regular Superman.

Even the Original Sin story where Uatu died/allowed himself to get killed (I mostly forgot about it afterwards) had Nick Fury arming himself with a Hulk-oneshotting gun and Mjolnir shots taking armor in order to secure Uatu's ripped eyes. And a bad guy robbing Uatu's Moon house said he was acquiring enough power to torch galaxies.