Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default X-Men Legends #1 Preview

Mighty Member

Been waiting almost 30 years for this

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Stab my eyes.

This is probably the only book I'd say Booth is a good fit for. Anything that isn't centered around 90s nostalgia makes his art feel out of place.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This...is quite...interesting. I really wasn't expecting to be intrigued by this.

That said,
    Looking at this preview and comparing it with XM 17...generally speaking, Booth's art would be 100 times improved if it wasn't so heavily inked and over detailed.

Yes it's a fitted costume but...do we really need to see every single defined muscle of Scott's entire body? And all the wrinkles on Xavier's face? All the folds in Alex's jacket?

Good inkers allow the pencil work to breathe, either by adding definition where it's necessary and removing "clutter" where it's not, making room for the colourist (Guru are one of the best) to enhance the details and up-lift the overall art. There's so very little balance between all three that it just ends up looking messy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

One of the few books I been waiting to read
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Love the art style. Feels like it was taken straight from the X-Men's heyday of the mid-90s. It's Cyclops and Havok in their classic costumes and plenty of firepower. It would've worked perfectly in the mid-90s and it feels like it works just as well know. Can't wait to see this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

I didn’t think we needed a book involving the past, but I may be more intrigued. Does anyone know if they’ll be giving us the old “*this issue takes place between” so we know where it fits in continuity wise? I’ll be checking this out for sure now.

Visor-phone. I'm here for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Art is rough

This really looks like it traveled time from 90s

That’s not necessarily a bad thing in my book. I loved a lot of the 90s.

BANNED

OOOOOOOO, this is a MUST buy for me. Looks like fun. Since we know several of the characters on the cover have been referenced for upcoming art I'm hoping we get a Wolverine/Jubilee story soon too.

Incredible Member

I suppose its reasonable to assume this is set after X-Men Vol 2 45, the last issue by Fabian Niciesza and the one where Mr. Sinister and Gambit had their long overdue talk in Seattle after finding Rogue there with Iceman.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I'm just here to see Adam-X, the X-Treme.