Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    He killed himself, not some alternate version of himself... but literally himself. His older self remembered what he did and then went to get killed by himself. At that point, it's suicide.
    Unless he had a plan... knew the Dawn of X and Krakoan nation-state was coming and his daughter could bring him back with the other members of The Five. Remember, he’s known Moira a long time too. Maybe he knew about all of it.

Can the 5 not resurrect Cable without the T.O. virus??
    GrindrStone(D)

Remains to be seen I guess.

I still subscribe to the dark theory that Kid Cable is a fake made by Xavier to manipulate Cyclops. Cable doesn't remember this happening because it was new to him and he thought it was some alt-universe/timeline shenanigans. And Xavier wanted Cable timeline hopping abilities off the table to protect himself and Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    “Took over for the other guy.” Is that what we’re calling murder now?
    They really out here trying to justify suicide & homicide ain't that something.

Ok on some real shit the fact he literally murdered Cable and no one gives a fuck is irritating as shit, like Domino that was your friend, Hope this kid is living the happy life with your grandparents after he murdered your dad, Summers & Grey your kid committed suicidal homicide and y'all don't even address it honestly it's BS writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I still subscribe to the dark theory that Kid Cable is a fake made by Xavier to manipulate Cyclops. Cable doesn't remember this happening because it was new to him and he thought it was some alt-universe/timeline shenanigans. And Xavier wanted Cable timeline hopping abilities off the table to protect himself and Moira.
    That would indeed make sense if they go for such a reveal.
    Though i wonder what they original had in mind when he was introduced in Extermination, since that was likely before Dawn of X was outlined by Hickman. However given the overall state of the X-office during those past years, one can assume someone just thought they should introduce a young "cool" Cable, like a reverse Old Man Logan and that was as far as their planning went.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    “Took over for the other guy.” Is that what we’re calling murder now?
    When the other guy is you then yes that is what we are calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    When the other guy is you then yes that is what we are calling it.
    Ok but like Journey mentioned even if Old Cable was aware of it and it’s suicide, that should still be super dark and upsetting for the people who were close to him.

It would also mean Cable is part of a closed time loop and they all just saw the end of it. So they know when his actual end is and just sort of don't care

Unless The Five resurrect him. Then he breaks the loop.

Bet money Hope is just waiting for the dude to die so she can bring her father back to life. Scott & Jean would be on some even bigger BS about the whole situation but from a moral standpoint I feel it's Hope's right especially with the implication their the same person.

WiFi is closer to the age he is suppose to be in the present. If he dies, there is no old man to bring back to life. From a moral standpoint he's Scott and Jean's son returning home.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-14-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    WiFi is closer to the age he is suppose to be in the present. If he dies, there is no old man to bring back to life. From a moral standpoint he's Scott and Jean's son returning home.
    Maybe the case but any loophole Hope has in getting her father back I bet money she'd take it rules & morals be damned this is Hope Summers after all sis would not give a single fuck.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok on some real shit the fact he literally murdered Cable and no one gives a fuck is irritating as shit, like Domino that was your friend, Hope this kid is living the happy life with your grandparents after he murdered your dad, Summers & Grey your kid committed suicidal homicide and y'all don't even address it honestly it's BS writing.
    I believe both Scott and Jean both addressed the situation. Scott went so far as to point out the hypocrisy of bringing him back from the dead. I completely understand the frustration when it comes to the logic of the situation, but Scott and Jean don't gain anything from staying angry or ignoring this younger Cable. As terrible as it sounds, there's not much for them to do but come to terms with the situation. He's still Cable at the end of the day. I'm not sure what some would think they should be doing instead.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia