Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    WiFi is closer to the age he is suppose to be in the present. If he dies, there is no old man to bring back to life. From a moral standpoint he's Scott and Jean's son returning home.
    That's the whole point of resetting kid Cable, to clear up the mess of old Cable who wasn't created to be Scott's son in the first place.

Why does his eyes still glow when he is of free of the virus?

BANNED

Kid Cable still has the virus though?

Just saw an image of Cable holding what looked like an H&K submachine gun and a thought occured to me - has Cable ever actually shot someone dead with a gun? My memories of original X-Force are quite hazy, but I'm sure I remember it being curiously bloodless for a series where everyone is apparently toting a laser bazooka and pouches full of frag grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    That's the whole point of resetting kid Cable, to clear up the mess of old Cable who wasn't created to be Scott's son in the first place.

Why does his eyes still glow when he is of free of the virus?
    He was infected as a baby, and still had it as an adult. Why would he not also have it as a teenager?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He was infected as a baby, and still had it as an adult. Why would he not also have it as a teenager?
    Which issue was he infected as a baby? I thought the virus has been expelled?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bet money Hope is just waiting for the dude to die so she can bring her father back to life. Scott & Jean would be on some even bigger BS about the whole situation but from a moral standpoint I feel it's Hope's right especially with the implication their the same person.
    She can't because they need to close the stable time loop he seemingly created by traveling back in time, which requires him to eventualy travel back into the future he came from, live the exact same life he had lived originaly, travel back in time AGAIN, to do the same actions he has done in the past of the present, in order for this current present to actualy exist, including Hope who is a central part of this whole replication process that seems to be so important for Krakoa being a thing in first place.

This is a freaking narrative mess.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It would also mean Cable is part of a closed time loop and they all just saw the end of it. So they know when his actual end is and just sort of don't care
    Thinking about the time loop, i notice that unlike with the 05, where they locked their memories away when send back into the past, so that they would live their lifes as they did before but unlock their memories from the "future" once the younger versions departed, so all the experiences they had (which were more or less new persons) would not be wasted, they can't do the same for Kible.

Because if they did, Cable would continue his life as he did before, never remembering anything from this period in the present, only to be killed by his younger version, never actualy having anything from the experiences this younger version will make.

Meanwhile if they don't lock these memories away, the whole act of killing his older version makes no damn sense, as he should not only be aware of the actions required to be taken with the 05 but also would know about Krakoa, which he would not have simply ignored for the timelines sake (seeing how his whole deal was to change the future), but instead seek to work together with Xavier for it from the get go.

So the only reasonable action would have been for him to be send back to the future straight away, only knowing when he dies and killing himself to close the time loop, but not be allowed to actualy experience anything from the future past this point.

There is a reason why i agree it would make more sense if it's revealed Kible is actualy a fake, designed to remove the real Cable from the board because his constant time travels might be a problem for Moira's plan.
    Or even more Sinister, that Krakoa not existing in any futures he has traveled to ever, several in which mutants still exist regardless of what Moira claims, might point out that it's artifical created by some dark force.

Because otherwise it's just a mess of timeline manipulation that no editor should have ever greenlit to stick around as long as it did, without risking this whole thing to be laughed out of continuity years from now.

BANNED

Just saw an image of Cable holding what looked like an H&K submachine gun and a thought occured to me - has Cable ever actually shot someone dead with a gun? My memories of original X-Force are quite hazy, but I'm sure I remember it being curiously bloodless for a series where everyone is apparently toting a laser bazooka and pouches full of frag grenades.
    Sumo of the MLF in Blood & Metal 1 , which is ironic , as he was the least bloodthirsty and most reasonable membership of the MLF tsk tsk tsk

Yes. He was quite murderous in his early New Mutants and X-Force appearances shooting Black Tom (as he clung to a ledge in an elevator shaft and gave himself up), Masque and Sauron and the implication being that he’d killed them. Of course, this being comics none of them stayed dead.

And regarding the time loop, it closes upon old Cable’s death in Extermination at his own hands. Eventually Kid Cable must go back, live out his life, and complete the loop. But The Five resurrecting OG Cable now, after his death in Extermination, essentially frees him of that. Allowing him to begin anew, existing again outside of the loop. That’s how resurrections work. New beginnings.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-15-2021 at 06:18 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

These are some weird flexes just to hate on one character.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Which issue was he infected as a baby? I thought the virus has been expelled?
    X-Factor vol #68

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It would also mean Cable is part of a closed time loop and they all just saw the end of it. So they know when his actual end is and just sort of don't care
    Brisson already explained that Beast bringing the O5 to the present also f*cked up Nathan's timeline which had him become Cable earlier. He also brought Cyclops back because he justified that if the O5 never came forward the even that killed Cyclops wouldn't have happened.
    "Cable was right!"

Not a weird flex at all. Imagine your favorite character being killed by some annoying younger version of the same character, then the little punk with the awful hairstyle goes on and on talking about how the version you enjoyed was soft and not cleaning up his messes, while at the time making the exact same kind of mess himself by staying here in the present. It’s idiotic and hopefully won’t last all that much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not a weird flex at all. Imagine your favorite character being killed by some annoying younger version of the same character, then the little punk with the awful hairstyle goes on and on talking about how the version you enjoyed was soft and not cleaning up his messes, while at the time making the exact same kind of mess himself by staying here in the present. It’s idiotic and hopefully won’t last all that much longer.
    Kinda reminds me of the thing Marvel was doing a few years ago with building up legacy characters by putting down the original versions. Seems Marvel still hasn’t learned that that doesn’t do the character they’re trying to build up any favors.

In a sense, yeah. Even though he’s technically the same guy, he does not look or act the same so to many Cable fans he’s really not. Thus I guess the case could be made that, in a way, he’s kind of like a legacy character.

Having said that, I would’ve preferred for Hope to carry on Nathan’s legacy as Cable rather than him get replaced by this lightweight WiFi version.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    She can't because they need to close the stable time loop he seemingly created by traveling back in time, which requires him to eventualy travel back into the future he came from, live the exact same life he had lived originaly, travel back in time AGAIN, to do the same actions he has done in the past of the present, in order for this current present to actualy exist, including Hope who is a central part of this whole replication process that seems to be so important for Krakoa being a thing in first place.

This is a freaking narrative mess.

Thinking about the time loop, i notice that unlike with the 05, where they locked their memories away when send back into the past, so that they would live their lifes as they did before but unlock their memories from the "future" once the younger versions departed, so all the experiences they had (which were more or less new persons) would not be wasted, they can't do the same for Kible.

Because if they did, Cable would continue his life as he did before, never remembering anything from this period in the present, only to be killed by his younger version, never actualy having anything from the experiences this younger version will make.

Meanwhile if they don't lock these memories away, the whole act of killing his older version makes no damn sense, as he should not only be aware of the actions required to be taken with the 05 but also would know about Krakoa, which he would not have simply ignored for the timelines sake (seeing how his whole deal was to change the future), but instead seek to work together with Xavier for it from the get go.

So the only reasonable action would have been for him to be send back to the future straight away, only knowing when he dies and killing himself to close the time loop, but not be allowed to actualy experience anything from the future past this point.

There is a reason why i agree it would make more sense if it's revealed Kible is actualy a fake, designed to remove the real Cable from the board because his constant time travels might be a problem for Moira's plan.
    Or even more Sinister, that Krakoa not existing in any futures he has traveled to ever, several in which mutants still exist regardless of what Moira claims, might point out that it's artifical created by some dark force.

Because otherwise it's just a mess of timeline manipulation that no editor should have ever greenlit to stick around as long as it did, without risking this whole thing to be laughed out of continuity years from now.
    There's no mess or any need to block memories - the whole point, as already explored in this same series, is that Old Cable already knew he was going to be killed and let his younger version do it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    There's no mess or any need to block memories - the whole point, as already explored in this same series, is that Old Cable already knew he was going to be killed and let his younger version do it
    Ah yes i recall. Still feels like a hapazardly written excuse in my opinion, to keep the new character around and push him to the front, not having to bother with the issues in the logics or reasons given.
    I still consider him a badly conceived and written character with very little in terms of quality and that's saying something considering the original is basicly a collection of various early 90's super hero comic clichès wrapped into one character (who someone managed to stay around and keep being popular simply for being a sort of "lovable cliché").
    Then again Kible has various of the the clichès of a post 2010's "pushed young replacement character", so i guess that kind of fits too. Though with less staying power as far as i can see.

I'm not a fan of the actual Cable, but this replacement character just feels so annoying to read and it's not like it's easy to avoid him, considering he is pushed to the front in various other comics of the line.
    And the excuses given for him to be aren't particular well written either.

But i guess, there are enough who seem to like the character, so that's just my beef with him, unless the sales for his solo run are giving a different indicator.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-15-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    But i guess, there are enough who seem to like the character, so that's just my beef with him, unless the sales for his solo run are giving a different indicator.
    Don’t think sales are great on his book. To be fair, though, Cable’s more recent solos have not sold well even when it was the older version.

I blame this on Marvel not knowing what to do with the character and their lack of understanding around what made him popular back in the 90s. They should be leaning into that (instead of putting him in a position where he’s on the fringes of the Marvel U gallivanting around the timestream) and allowing him to be a major player in the present day. The last time he felt important like that I’d say was during the Mike Carey run on X-men when he was part of Rogue’s team, and at the same time was running his own island nation of Providence over in the Cable & Deadpool series. That was cool stuff, and reminded me a bit of the Loeb/Churchill and Casey/Ladronn eras of Cable’s solo series back in the 90s when he was very popular.