Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Default Legendary artist and Superman alum George Perez announces cancer diagnosis

This one hurts.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1235058463/

As we all know, aside from George's co creation of the New Teen Titans alongside Marv Wolfman and his credits as artist of the Crisis on Infinite Earths maxiseries, George has had two stints working on Superman, one as briefly as the writer and artist on ACTION COMICS circa the post Exile era and he of course helped launch the New 52 era of Superman as the initial writer/artist on the SUPERMAN book. Not to mention his countless other books for DC,Marvel and other publishers over the decades. One of the comics world true living legends and one of the real nice guys as well. He retired back in 2019 due to worsening eyesight.

He is starting a new personal Facebook page called TheGeorgePerez so fans and friends can directly message him and his team and get updates.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's been a thread up about it on the main DC forum for a few days now. This sucks so bad. I've been collecting the pre-Crisis NTT. I don't know how he managed to meet his deadlines given the detail in his work. He was truly incredible.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hope and pray he gets to live out his life with as much joy and peace the world can offer.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There's been a thread up about it on the main DC forum for a few days now. This sucks so bad. I've been collecting the pre-Crisis NTT. I don't know how he managed to meet his deadlines given the detail in his work. He was truly incredible.
    I had been out of the loop for a few days and just found out this morning. I knew there was likely another thread but I felt he deserved one here for his work on Superman and Superman related characters over the years.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hope and pray he gets to live out his life with as much joy and peace the world can offer.
    That is all any of can do and try to make sure he knows that his what his work and the characters he wrote, drew, and co-created, and created and stories he told meant to his fans and the positive impact that he's had not only on comics but pop culture in general.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I hope they reprint Justice League Vs Avengers. Superman holding Mjolnir and Caps shield was just as big a deal as Cap lifting Thor’s hammer in the MCU.