Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But it supposely than Power girl, after IC remembers both origins at the same time.
    Sorry what do you mean by that? I'm a bit confused there.
    Last edited by Lupin29; 02-16-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

With his pre-crisis memories intact, Psycho-Pirate made a good arch nemesis for Powergirl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    With his pre-crisis memories intact, Psycho-Pirate made a good arch nemesis for Powergirl.
    Well, minor bad guy. "Arch nemesis" might be a bit overselling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin29 View Post
    Sorry what do you mean by that? I'm a bit confused there.
    She remembers two set of lives: pre-crisis and post-crisis. Like to see a movie with one ending and then see that movie with an alternative ending.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

All-New Member

She remembers two set of lives: pre-crisis and post-crisis. Like to see a movie with one ending and then see that movie with an alternative ending.
    Correct me if I’m wrong. The pre-crisis life Power Girl remembers is the Earth Two. For the Post-Crisis life Power girl remembers is the Atlantis one. Right?

Extraordinary Member

Correct me if I’m wrong. The pre-crisis life Power Girl remembers is the Earth Two. For the Post-Crisis life Power girl remembers is the Atlantis one. Right?
    No. She might remember thinking she was from Atlantis, but recall, she no longer ever was from Atlantis, she was always from Krypton 2, and was just made to think otherwise by Arion for...reasons. What she remembers post Crisis is JLE/JLI/JLA, some JSA stuff, and the like.

I suppose she remembers being on the JSA in both universes. I think what happened was Johns wanted to retcon her, and didn't really want to bother with disposing of the Atlantis thing in any way that made sense, so he basically wrote that story as a punt. Got rid of the Atlantis origin in one issue of JSA, (not the Classified title of the OP).
    Last edited by achilles; 02-16-2021 at 04:27 PM.

I think I understand where is your confusion.
    At difference of Supergirl, Power Girl never lived in Krypton as a teenager. As Superman, she left Krypton being a baby, but at difference of Superman, she grew up at the age to 20 years old during the travel. That would made it easy to adapt her origin post crisis later, after all everything she knew about Krypton were just memories from a virtual reality she had experienced for 20 years of stasis. The Atlantis origin it was told to her. But she doesn't remember living in Krypton more than living in Atlantis. She remembers living and having adventures with the JSA but she didn't remembered Superman from earth two. When she remembered Kal-L, she remembered her life on earth two and confirmed the Psycho-Pirate story.

In that way, at difference of Supergirl, Power Girl didn't have the trauma of having lost a world than Supergirl had, and in that aspect she was more like Superman. Well, she later lost a whole universe and now both characters are almost overlapped each other. But that is other story.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

To clarify, since there are two main versions of PG; classic, and nu52. Classic PG left Krypton 2 as a baby, and hit Earth 2 as a late teenager or so. Nu 52 left Krypton at something like 8 or 9, and hit Earth 2 at about the same age, where she was raised by her cousin and Lois...which was one of the few nice touches I thought that thing brought. The family dynamics of Clark, Lois, and 'Lil Kara were fun....but way too short. Seemed like a sweeter version of what the new TV show promises with Clark, Lois, and the two sons.

All-New Member

I think I understand where is your confusion.
    At difference of Supergirl, Power Girl never lived in Krypton as a teenager. As Superman, she left Krypton being a baby, but at difference of Superman, she grew up at the age to 20 years old during the travel. That would made it easy to adapt her origin post crisis later, after all everything she knew about Krypton were just memories from a virtual reality she had experienced for 20 years of stasis. The Atlantis origin it was told to her. But she doesn't remember living in Krypton more than living in Atlantis. She remembers living and having adventures with the JSA but she didn't remembered Superman from earth two. When she remembered Kal-L, she remembered her life on earth two and confirmed the Psycho-Pirate story.

In that way, at difference of Supergirl, Power Girl didn't have the trauma of having lost a world than Supergirl had, and in that aspect she was more like Superman. Well, she later lost a whole universe and now both characters are almost overlapped each other. But that is other story.
    Thanks, I got the gist of it.

I want to ask. Regarding New Earth Superman’s relationship with Power Girl.

Earth-Two Superman took Powergirl in and raised her as a daughter.

What about New Earth Superman did he take Power Girl in? Raise her as daughter? Or they don’t have that kind of relationship (New Earth Superman didn’t take her in at all? Raise her as a daughter?) and are just cousins from different Earths.

I know you mentioned it previously. I just want a clarification as that’s bit confusing.

Extraordinary Member

What about New Earth Superman did he take Power Girl in? Raise her as daughter? Or they don’t have that kind of relationship (New Earth Superman didn’t take her in at all? Raise her as a daughter?) and are just cousins from different Earths.

I know you mentioned it previously. I just want a clarification as that’s bit confusing.
    No. He didn't. They barely seem to talk really, there almost is no relationship. Most of the time. Johns hinted that she thought she was HIS cousin, rather than involving Krypton 2 and her real cousin because of COIE or something, then the Arion thing came around and they fell out or something. It was just once he mentioned it, and it was never brought up again, and really just doesn't make sense.

Easy answer: no. New earth Superman didn't raise her. She was an adult already. But he put her under the care and observation of the JSA which was weird, if you think too much about it.
    Golden age Superman neither raised her, by the way, he only take her for a while, she was an adult when he reach earth. They were family and developted a relationship for the time they lived on earth two.
    The only time Superman raised Powergirl was during the new52 earth 2, but she was more a Supergirl-lite than a proper Powergirl and I prefer to think that as non-canon. The faster we forget that time, the better.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 02-17-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Easy answer: no. New earth Superman didn't raise her. She was an adult already. But he put her under the care and observation of the JSA which was weird, if you think too much about it.
    Golden age Superman neither raised her, by the way, he only take her for a while, she was an adult when he reach earth. They were family and developted a relationship for the time they lived on earth two.
    The only time Superman raised Powergirl was during the new52 earth 2, but she was more a Supergirl-lite than a proper Powergirl and I prefer to think that as non-canon. The faster we forget that time, the better.
    The New52 version was terrible and her costume was even worse.
    Please Remain Calm

All-New Member

What do you mean by "Easy answer". Does that mean there's an answer where New Earth Superman did raise Powergirl? Or New Earth Superman didn't raise Powergirl but instead just took Powergirl in? Sorry for sounding stupid.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    No. He didn't. They barely seem to talk really, there almost is no relationship. Most of the time. Johns hinted that she thought she was HIS cousin, rather than involving Krypton 2 and her real cousin because of COIE or something, then the Arion thing came around and they fell out or something. It was just once he mentioned it, and it was never brought up again, and really just doesn't make sense.
    You mean New Earth Superman by that right?

Extraordinary Member

You mean New Earth Superman by that right?
    Yep. New Earth Superman.